CE mod: question about runewords and uniques/rares

Is it possible to force sockets into a rare or unique or set item in
CE, then use runes to make it into a runeword item?

I tried it and it didnt seem to work, but i am wondering if i did it
wrong. For example, i found this great unique maul, called Spirit
Crusher, for my Barb. I used the cube and six perfect gems to force
three sockets into it. That operation did not change the name or the
features of the Maul, but it did give it three sockets.

Then i used the CE runeword page and selected a runeword called
Whisper, which required three shael runes. I put them in. However, the
name of the maul didnt change, its still Spirit Crusher and I didnt
get the features of Whisper either.

I'm assuming it cant be done. And yeah I had the character backed up
(single player) so i just replaced the file. No harm done.

Anybody else have similar or different experience?

In the CEmod, runewords work in blue/magic and yellow/rare items, but NOT
in green/set or gold/unique items.
HTH, HAND
--
Not 1337.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:39:57 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>In the CEmod, runewords work in blue/magic and yellow/rare items, but NOT
>in green/set or gold/unique items.
>HTH, HAND

thank you

I've come up with some overpowered items by socketing and using
runewords in rare (yellow) items. Forget about putting runewords in set
or unique items.