New Diablo II PDF Guide Available

After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,
I've finished a NEW PDF Guide:
Unique Swords

http://www.brittonrobbins.com/d2info.htm

Printable PDF documents available on my site are:

Rune Words (UPDATED with new RuneWords & error corrections)
Runes
Horadric Cube Recipies
Crafted Items Formulae

Items Charts for:
Armor: Helms
Armor: Body Armor
Armor: Belts – Boots - Gloves
Armor: Shields – Paladin Shields – Necromancer Shrunken heads
Weapons: Daggers & Swords
Weapons: Axes – Maces – Scepters
Weapons: Bows – Crossbows – Amazon Weapons
Weapons: Staves – Orbs – Katars - Wands
Weapons: Javelins – Throwing – Spears - Polearms
Unique Helms
Unique Body Armor
Unique Amulets, Rings, & Charms
Unique Shields
Unique Belts - Boots - Gloves (BBG)
Unique Swords +++ NEW +++

Skills / Synergies for:
Paladin
Druid
Sorceress
Barbarian
Necromancer
Assassin
Amazon

Enjoy! --Britton
Printable PDFs for DiabloII:
http://www.brittonrobbins.com/D2Info.htm
RuneWord, HoradricCube, Crafted, Skills etc.

Britton Robbins wrote:
> After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,
> I've finished a NEW PDF Guide:
> Unique Swords

Thanks Britton, I have been an avid reader of your guides. And yes
hearty congratulations on the arrival of the young one.

regards
Grim

Congrats on your new boy!
And thanks for the pdf's, definitely worth the effort.

regards,
Marcel

In article <humBe.43429$0i3.38904@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
Britton Robbins <britton@brittonrobbins.com> wrote:
>After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,

Congratulations with the new arrival!

[some snippage]

>Rune Words (UPDATED with new RuneWords & error corrections)
>Horadric Cube Recipies

Nice site, first time I saw it. I downloaded all your guides, and printed
out the ones I left in above. Some remarks/questions about them though:

- What Acrobat Distiller mode did you use to generate them, since the
embedded bitmaps look rather 'blocky'. Perhaps try to enable the
"PressOptimized" quality option, if you can do that. In my experience
that leaves the contents of PDFs intact without downscaling/compressing
them to unrecognizable states.

- I noticed the main print in the ones I printed out to be very dark; it
may be the printer I used (but that is a rather nice 600dpi Lexmark
color laser printer, which had no such problems with other documents).
What font type/heaviness did you use for the main text? Perhaps try to
disable bold type, or something?

- What are the options for you to try and compress some of the guides
(again, the ones I mentioned above) to a maximum of 1 sheet, or 2
sheets (so they fit on 1 double-sided print-out).

I'd like it very much if I can put a few (2 or 3 max) A4's next to my
computer to have easy access to that information. Of course I could
instruct the Acrobat Read to print to 2-pages-on-1-sheet mode, but
that's not entirely the point; a page designed to fit on 1 sheet would
be much clearer...

Anyway, the above is not meant as criticism, just some (hopefully)
constructive hints.. ;)

Thanks again for your efforts,

Patrick.

On that special day, Britton Robbins, (britton@brittonrobbins.com)
said...

> After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,

Congrats, and I hope you manage to learn how to stay awake in daytime:)

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Britton Robbins wrote:

>> After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,

CONGRATS!

This is CLEARLY the most important thing in this newsgroup!

>> I've finished a NEW PDF Guide:
>> Unique Swords

ooooo....shiney!

>> http://www.brittonrobbins.com/d2info.htm

Hey, take a look at the Chaos Empire mod maybe?

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Gabriele,

Yes, sleep is still at a premium. At least he is a well behaved baby.
Only cries if he's hungry. :^)

Thanks,
--Britton

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> In article <humBe.43429$0i3.38904@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
> Britton Robbins <britton@brittonrobbins.com> wrote:
>
>>After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,
>

> Congratulations with the new arrival!
Thanks Patrick!
He's a great baby so far. Only cries when hungry.

> [some snippage]
>

>>Rune Words (UPDATED with new RuneWords & error corrections)
>>Horadric Cube Recipies
>

> Nice site, first time I saw it. I downloaded all your guides, and printed
> out the ones I left in above. Some remarks/questions about them though:
>
> - What Acrobat Distiller mode did you use to generate them, since the
> embedded bitmaps look rather 'blocky'. Perhaps try to enable the
> "PressOptimized" quality option, if you can do that. In my experience
> that leaves the contents of PDFs intact without downscaling/compressing
> them to unrecognizable states.
I'm not using Distiller. All of the PDF Guides are created in
OpenOffice.org (OOo). OOo has the ability to create PDFs built in.
I'm currently using the latest OpenOffice 2.0 beta (1.9.113)

Regarding the images: The source images are bitmaps taken from the game
and are pretty low resolution (as they are in the game). I would have
to go through and manually increase the resolution of each source image
then run a smoothing algorithm on them. Probably not worth the effort.

> - I noticed the main print in the ones I printed out to be very dark; it
> may be the printer I used (but that is a rather nice 600dpi Lexmark
> color laser printer, which had no such problems with other documents).
> What font type/heaviness did you use for the main text? Perhaps try to
> disable bold type, or something?
Strange. I am using a 9pt Arial font, normal (not Bold etc...) Prints
out good here.

> - What are the options for you to try and compress some of the guides
> (again, the ones I mentioned above) to a maximum of 1 sheet, or 2
> sheets (so they fit on 1 double-sided print-out).
Type is likely to get quite small. So far, there has not been much
demand for this. However, that doesn't mean I wont look into it at a
future date.

> I'd like it very much if I can put a few (2 or 3 max) A4's next to my
> computer to have easy access to that information. Of course I could
> instruct the Acrobat Read to print to 2-pages-on-1-sheet mode, but
> that's not entirely the point; a page designed to fit on 1 sheet would
> be much clearer...
>
> Anyway, the above is not meant as criticism, just some (hopefully)
> constructive hints.. ;)
I appreciate all of the feedback!
Thanks,
--Britton

> Thanks again for your efforts,
>
> Patrick.

Thanks Grim!

--Britton

GrimBold wrote:

> Britton Robbins wrote:
>
>>After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,
>>I've finished a NEW PDF Guide:
>>Unique Swords
>>

> Thanks Britton, I have been an avid reader of your guides. And yes
> hearty congratulations on the arrival of the young one.
>
> regards
> Grim

Thank you Marcel!
--Britton

Marcel Overweel wrote:
> Congrats on your new boy!
> And thanks for the pdf's, definitely worth the effort.
>
> regards,
> Marcel
>

> "Britton Robbins" <britton@brittonrobbins.com> wrote in message
>
>>After a long delay due to my wife having our new baby boy,
>>I've finished a NEW PDF Guide:
>>Unique Swords
>>
>>http://www.brittonrobbins.com/d2info.htm
>>
>>Printable PDF documents available on my site are:
>>
>>Rune Words (UPDATED with new RuneWords & error corrections)
>>Runes
>>Horadric Cube Recipies
>>Crafted Items Formulae
>>
>>Items Charts for:
>>Armor: Helms
>>Armor: Body Armor
>>Armor: Belts – Boots - Gloves
>>Armor: Shields – Paladin Shields – Necromancer Shrunken heads
>>Weapons: Daggers & Swords
>>Weapons: Axes – Maces – Scepters
>>Weapons: Bows – Crossbows – Amazon Weapons
>>Weapons: Staves – Orbs – Katars - Wands
>>Weapons: Javelins – Throwing – Spears - Polearms
>>Unique Helms
>>Unique Body Armor
>>Unique Amulets, Rings, & Charms
>>Unique Shields
>>Unique Belts - Boots - Gloves (BBG)
>>Unique Swords +++ NEW +++
>>
>>Skills / Synergies for:
>>Paladin
>>Druid
>>Sorceress
>>Barbarian
>>Necromancer
>>Assassin
>>Amazon
>>
>>Enjoy! --Britton
>>Printable PDFs for DiabloII:
>>http://www.brittonrobbins.com/D2Info.htm
>>RuneWord, HoradricCube, Crafted, Skills etc.

Thank you Brian!
--Britton

In article <7lFBe.43560$0i3.29324@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
Britton Robbins <britton@brittonrobbins.com> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

>> Congratulations with the new arrival!
>
>Thanks Patrick!
>He's a great baby so far. Only cries when hungry.

Good luck, and I hope for you it stays that way! Several of my
colleagues/friends had babies the last few months, but not all of them are
as lucky as you seem to be. :)

>> - What Acrobat Distiller mode did you use to generate them, since the
>> embedded bitmaps look rather 'blocky'. Perhaps try to enable the
>> "PressOptimized" quality option, if you can do that. In my experience
>> that leaves the contents of PDFs intact without downscaling/compressing
>> them to unrecognizable states.
>
>I'm not using Distiller. All of the PDF Guides are created in
>OpenOffice.org (OOo). OOo has the ability to create PDFs built in.
>I'm currently using the latest OpenOffice 2.0 beta (1.9.113)

I haev Openoffice.org 1.1.4 here, and when I choose the 'Export as PDF...'
functiona there, I at one point get a requester asking me some details.
One of the options there is the quality: Screen Quality, Print Quality of
Press Quality. Try to make them with press quality, and see if you can
detect a difference.

>Regarding the images: The source images are bitmaps taken from the game
>and are pretty low resolution (as they are in the game). I would have
>to go through and manually increase the resolution of each source image
>then run a smoothing algorithm on them. Probably not worth the effort.

Definately don't do that, I'm quite sure that's not worth the effort. This
effect would also be lessened my maken the text (a lot) smaller...

>> - I noticed the main print in the ones I printed out to be very dark; it
>> may be the printer I used (but that is a rather nice 600dpi Lexmark
>> color laser printer, which had no such problems with other documents).
>> What font type/heaviness did you use for the main text? Perhaps try to
>> disable bold type, or something?
>
>Strange. I am using a 9pt Arial font, normal (not Bold etc...) Prints
>out good here.

I'll have to experiment a bit then; perhaps the printer was having some
problems...

>> - What are the options for you to try and compress some of the guides
>> (again, the ones I mentioned above) to a maximum of 1 sheet, or 2
>> sheets (so they fit on 1 double-sided print-out).
>
>Type is likely to get quite small. So far, there has not been much
>demand for this. However, that doesn't mean I wont look into it at a
>future date.

For me, the type may get small, or put it in a 2-column document format.
It would be really cool to have all the Cube Recipes on 1 2-sided A4, or
perhaps even try to stuff all Runewords on 1 2-sides A4.

>> Anyway, the above is not meant as criticism, just some (hopefully)
>> constructive hints.. ;)
>
>I appreciate all of the feedback!

You're quite welcome, and again, thanks for the effort you (very clearly)
put into this!

>Thanks,
>--Britton

Regards,