Fastest Hell Baal Killer

Hi,

I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so
good when facing baal.
I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
of time.
any suggestions?

"zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
> My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so good
> when facing baal.
> I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
> of time.
> any suggestions?

Probably hammerdin

In article <vlrBe.48507$oJ.31150@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Vladesch <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:
>"zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
>> My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so good
>> when facing baal.
>> I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
>> of time.
>> any suggestions?
>
>Probably hammerdin

For purely killing Baal himself (without looking a the minion packs, I'd
look at something like a Fanatic Zealot with loads of Crushing Blow.

However, getting there is a bit of a problem with that build.

When I do Hell Baal runs, I do that with my skelliemancer, the minion
packs are toast once the first body drops, and I can CE the rest to tiny
bloody bits...

And using a merc with plenty of CB, Baal himself also goes down rather
quickly...

Regards,

Patrick.

Vladesch wrote:
> "zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
>>My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so good
>>when facing baal.
>>I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
>>of time.
>>any suggestions?
>

> Probably hammerdin

Have one of those. lvl 46. killer but truly boring. but i guess that he
could kill baal(and his minions) really, really fast.

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> In article <vlrBe.48507$oJ.31150@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> Vladesch <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:

> For purely killing Baal himself (without looking a the minion packs, I'd
> look at something like a Fanatic Zealot with loads of Crushing Blow.
>
> However, getting there is a bit of a problem with that build.
>
> When I do Hell Baal runs, I do that with my skelliemancer, the minion
> packs are toast once the first body drops, and I can CE the rest to tiny
> bloody bits...
>
> And using a merc with plenty of CB, Baal himself also goes down rather
> quickly...
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick.
Once I watched a friend go mf baal with a skelliemancer. brutal with CE
and 11 skellies (baal minions) but baal took some time to kill. hmm...
but it would probably go a lot faster with crushing blow.
my lvl 39 skelliemancer is just entering NM so it will be some time
until hell baal. and the merc is going to like gulliames face :)
thanks for the info

just remembered. someone here once wrote his hell exp with an assasin. i
think it was dragon talon assasin and she killed hell baal under 20
sec(if i remember correctly).
how can a dragon talon assasin do 50k+ damage with kick?
can someone point me to a guide?

i think the trick to that is crushing blow and more crushing blow :),
problem is killing the minions
my smiter can take baal himself down in under 20 secs easy (i use him to
kill Dclone also... 10-20 secs to kill him)

a CS zon with infinity on merc can kill minions+baal fast also

Clincher

In article <db5hpm$c2g$1@ss405.t-com.hr>,
zekopeko <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Once I watched a friend go mf baal with a skelliemancer. brutal with CE
>and 11 skellies (baal minions) but baal took some time to kill. hmm...

My Skelliemancer with the full army going has 14 skeletons, 7 mages, and
something like 13 revives going. Accompanied by a might merc, the minion
packs are easy.

>but it would probably go a lot faster with crushing blow.

For a while I had my merc equipped with the (in my eyes) optimal
Boss-killing setup:

- Upgraded ethereal 198%ED Hone Sundan with Amn-Shael-Shael
- Guillaume's Face (no sockets yet)
- Duress runeworded ethereal elite armor

CB was at 95% (the cap), and he also dealt a boatload of raw physical
damage.

Since then I've been experimenting a bit: replaced the Duress with the
Fortitude armor I made for my Fanatic Zealot, which removed 15% CB, but
added a _lot_ of raw physical damage.

Later on I, my Paladin was old enough for his Fortitude, I moved a Duress
back, but equipped him with an above-average Insight in a non-ethereal
Thresher. Damage went down, no more life-leech, but the unlimited
mana-supply allows my skelliemancer keep spamming his maxed CE all day
long. He still had the CB from Guillaume's+Duress, which allowed him to
make dents in Hell Baals life-bar, and the Insight also allows the necro
to bombard Baal with Bone Spirits (maxed), synergized by the Marrowalk bug
and several hard points in Bone Spear. This certainly shows a noticable
effect.

Only problem is the raw damage from the Insight Thresher: it was a bit
low.

The current setup has has the Duress replaced with another Fortitude. This
removed 15% CB, but adds 300%ED, so he can now one-hit kill most monsters
again, including most minions (except Lister's pack). However, this only
leaves me with the CB on Guillaume's Face, and no life-leech at all.
Luckily he's protected by the skeleton cloud, so her rarely dies.

Still getting some Life Leech somewhere on him would be nice, but I have
no idea how to get that without losing the much-needed CB for my regular
Hell Baal runs, or losing the enhanced ED provided by the armor, or losing
the nice mana regen from Insight. :)

Perhaps I should move back the ethereal Hone Sundan again, and gulp down a
ready supply of mana potions when CE-ing: CB would be 80% again, raw
physical would phenomenal, and he would have life leech again. Hmmm.

>my lvl 39 skelliemancer is just entering NM so it will be some time
>until hell baal. and the merc is going to like gulliames face :)
>thanks for the info

Guilaumme's Face is a very nice hat, if you use your merc for taking down
bosses that is.

Regards,

Patrick.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:21:33 +0200, zekopeko <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
>My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so
>good when facing baal.
>I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
>of time.
>any suggestions?

KickSin would do well with lots of CB.

- Samiel

In a parallel universe, Anti-Samiel said exactly the opposite of:

> KickSin would do well with lots of CB.

Indeed.

5 kick dragon talon with nice crushing blow means dead baal in seconds.

My kicker uses Ribcracker and upgraded gore riders, giving her 65% crushing
blow, and baal doesn't last long. Unfortunately, she goes down extremely
fast to IM!

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

zekopeko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
> My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so
> good when facing baal.
> I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
> of time.
> any suggestions?

A good javazon can handle it all rather easily. Baal itself will go down
in few seconds with charged strike, depending on how many players there
in the game at the moment. The problem can and will be lightning immune
monsters in WSK and Throne, but that problem can be solved by equipping
merc with Infinity polearm (if rich) ;)

I have such a javazon in EU SCL. Doing a baalruns even in a full game
alone is a breeze. You get all the experience and drops that way too :)

She is also very capable Diablo clone killer, last time I got the chance
to meet him he went down in 5-6 seconds. Conviction aura and items with
- xx% enemy lightning resistance will make DC cry ;)

zekopeko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what would be the fastest Hell Baal Killer build?
> My meteorb sorc is great for mf mephisto but I feel that she isn't so
> good when facing baal.
> I need a build that can kill baal and his minions in the shortest amount
> of time.
> any suggestions?

Many builds can accomplish this, I have never conducted a thorough
research as which one is the absolute fastest. However, I will share
my experience with the characters I have tried to give you an idea.
First of all, builds such as Zealots, Concentrate Barb, KickSin, and
other heavy melee units are out because the obvious reason.

You did not mention what items you have to work with, so I will assume
you have all possible items available at your disposal. I will also
assume you will Teleport across WSKs. With non Sorceress builds,
Enigma is required. If you use Teleport charges, you will need repair
after every run, unless you are in Single Player mode, in which the
stairs locations do not change.

My favorite is the FOrb-FireBall Sorceress. My setup is Facet'ed Death
Fathom, Facet'ed Nightwing's Veil, Chains of Honor, Spirit, Arachnid
Mesh, Magefist, 2x Jordan, Mara's, 8 Cold Skill Grand Charms. My
Orb-Ball sorc has an Annihilus as well, resulting in very close to 1000
Orb damage, Cold Mastery is 120%, rest goes to FireBall & synergies.
At an 8 player game, Baal goes down in less than 15 seconds. At a 1
player game, the splash rips through everything. My average runtime is
5 minutes in a 6-8 player game and 3 minutes in a 1 player game (there
is no way to tell Baal to hurry up when throwing up the 5 groups of
monsters). If I could afford another Infinity, I would expect my
runtime to go down quite significantly.

HammerDin is the most popular. Merc just needs to provide aura, my
favorite is normal Prayer with Insight to provide virtually unlimited
health. My average time is similar to the Sorceress above.

Another build is Lightning TrapSin with Infinity runeword on merc.
Infinity is required to remove the immunity of Black Souls. I like to
stack all my traps in one location, therefore they will all attack in
one direction. I usually employ 4 Lightnings and 1 Death. My average
time is 1-2 mins more than the Sorc or Din, because Baal takes longer.

Even though I have not tried them, I will expect that the Lightning
Fury JavaZon and Lightning Sorceress will be as effective as the
Lightning Trapsin.

Another one is the SkeleMancer. Apply generous servings of C.
Explosion. Revives are not needed, I personally prefer to use the
corpses for Explosion than to revive them. As such, I don't use Mages
either. Merc needs to have sufficient Crushing Blow to take Baal down
at a reasonable pace. Perhaps the Pride runeword will also work, I
have not tried this myself. My average time is approximately the same
as the Sin.

Other good runners that I have tried are BoneMancer and BlizzSorceress.
BoneMancer has to rely on merc for Achmel. BlizzSorceress has to rely
on merc for cold immunes (and there are MANY of them, but once the 5
super uniques start rolling, it will be a breeze for her).

Nova-Enchantress is one more good runner, but she needs to be high
level first, just because she needs a lot of skill points to satisfy
all the required skills (100 + prerequisites + Static Field + Teleport
+ Cold Armor).

Another candidate could be PoisonMancer, since many items provide
+Poison skill damage, Trang Oul shield & gloves, Bramble, Death Web, to
name several. I have not found Death Web, hence I have not tried this
build.

Strafer with Faith runeword could also be a good runner.

Alex Holtz wrote:

> [...]
> as the Sin.
>
> Other good runners that I have tried are BoneMancer and BlizzSorceress.
> BoneMancer has to rely on merc for Achmel. BlizzSorceress has to rely
> on merc for cold immunes (and there are MANY of them, but once the 5
> super uniques start rolling, it will be a breeze for her).
>
> Nova-Enchantress is one more good runner, but she needs to be high
> level first, just because she needs a lot of skill points to satisfy
> all the required skills (100 + prerequisites + Static Field + Teleport
> + Cold Armor).
>
> Another candidate could be PoisonMancer, since many items provide
> +Poison skill damage, Trang Oul shield & gloves, Bramble, Death Web, to
> name several. I have not found Death Web, hence I have not tried this
> build.
>
> Strafer with Faith runeword could also be a good runner.

thnx for the advice but i play only SP. got decent equipment. occy,
kira's guard. , stormshield/spirit, naj plate, verdungo's hearty cord ,
2x dwarf stars(no luck with rings and ammy's), magic ammy with 82 life
and 114 mana , frostburns, aldurse advance.
i'm playing here as my main mf char. then the set up is spirit forge
with 2 ptopaz, 2x nagels, chance gloves max mf, gull, milabrega shield ,
ammy with 33 mf and a lot
sm of luck 5-7 mf and geeds with 22 mf. thats some 370+ mf.
just wondering whats your mf when mfing? the sorc is brutal(yours) but i
wanted to now how to kill baal fast enough with mf for those nice elites.

zekopeko wrote:
> Alex Holtz wrote:
> >
> thnx for the advice but i play only SP. got decent equipment. occy,
> kira's guard. , stormshield/spirit, naj plate, verdungo's hearty cord ,
> 2x dwarf stars(no luck with rings and ammy's), magic ammy with 82 life
> and 114 mana , frostburns, aldurse advance.
> i'm playing here as my main mf char. then the set up is spirit forge
> with 2 ptopaz, 2x nagels, chance gloves max mf, gull, milabrega shield ,
> ammy with 33 mf and a lot
> sm of luck 5-7 mf and geeds with 22 mf. thats some 370+ mf.
> just wondering whats your mf when mfing? the sorc is brutal(yours) but i
> wanted to now how to kill baal fast enough with mf for those nice elites.

If time is your main concern, then Sorceress is your only option with
the items you mentioned above. If you have / can make an Insight for
your merc, try FireBall-FOrb instead of Meteorb. Fireball greatly
increases your killing speed. Even without Insight, I believe the
FireBall build is still feasible with some investment in Energy and/or
+Mana items. Your goal with the Sorceress is to accumulate the
complete Tal Rasha set. This set provides decent +Skill (very
important for Sorceress), +Life, +Resistance, and MF.

If time is not your first priority, then I'd suggest SkeleMancer. He
can virtually wear all MF items, with low resistance, no blocking, and
just enough life to survive several hits. If you have them,
Harlequin/Tarnhelm, Alibaba/Gull, Skullders/Wealth, Rhyme (or is it
Splendor?), Upgraded Goldwrap, Chance Guard, War Traveler, and Nagel
rings. Get some resistances from charms, single element are as good.

In the meantime, try to get a hang of HammerDin. He is grossly
overpowered, and also can survive by wearing only MF items. But, if
you do wear only MF items, this build will be comparable to a glass
cannon, kills fast, dies fast. But that's okay, as continue MFing with
your main MFers, you should find better items for your HammerDin too.
More on this later.

MFing in SP, despite having the advantage of fixed stairs locations, I
believe is much slower compared to in MP, just because you can trade in
MP. When playing MP, usually one of the early goals is to make Enigma
and build a HammerDin around it. Two most popular choices are the
Meteorb to MF and build up enough resources to trade for Enigma's
runes, and JavaZon to collect Perfect Gems, by running the Cow Level,
to trade for runes.

Once you have HammerDin going with Enigma, you can MF anywhere you want
with relative ease and fast. Standard setup includes Harlequin, Heart
of the Oak or Wizardspike or Gull or Alibaba, Herald of Zakarum, Chance
Guard or Trang Oul gloves or Magefist, Upgraded Goldwrap or Arachnid
Mesh, War Traveller, many choices for rings and amulet.

It is therefore in my opinion that the fastest Baal MFer is the
HammerDin with Enigma. The above setup for example will give you
around 300% MF.