Hello Everyone!

This is my system.

ECS Mainboard K7S5A
Duron 1200mhz
Chaintech Gf3 Ti200 128mb DDR
384mb PC-2100 DDR
SB Live! 5.1
on Win98 SE

I have a strange question. Maybe not so strange. Before this video card I was using a Gf2 MX 400 64mb. I was getting about the same amount of FPS in counterstrike with that card as I am now. All the OpenGL properties are set. *Always 16bpp, v-sync off*, but still I get the same lame fps. My monitor only supports 75hz refresh rate, could that be a reason?

NOW TO THE MAIN THING. I KNOW THIS CARD IS AN AGP CARD, but in my details when i right click the desktop, and click
SETTINGS then ADVANCED then the tab that says GEFORCE3 Ti200, it says BUS: AGP (PCI Mode). What the heck does this mean? I didnt pay for PCI.

Click here and read this article i found:
http://members.hyperlink.net.au/~chart/agpinfo.htm
if u cant click it... copy an paste it in yur browzer.

I think both video cards were in PCI mode but anyways.. I dont understand why I have noticed not alot of performance increase goin from a gf2 mx 64mb to a gf3 128mbDDR.

Anyone that knows about this, plz help, thanks alot,

Kevbo

kevbodian

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2002
after reading another post i downloaded the shareware version of powerstrip.

from that article, i have my card supporting 66mhz, and i now have 4x speed selected. when i click on ADAPTER INFORMATION in powerstrip, it shows my GF3 adapter info under the sub-heading "PCI device configuration". In my bios the video is set to AGP (there is no place to change whether its 1 or 2 or 4x). Allocate IRC to VGA is OFF.

kevbo

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
Why not try downloading the Nvhardpage from guru3D.com and enable all the coolbits. Then on your display properties advance setting for your geforce card and at the tranfer rate tab, set it manually to 4X. If 4X is not available, most probably your mobo does not support 4X.