ce mod question

Hello everyone,

I dont normally post here.Just do alot of lurking, I have been reading alot
of post about the CE mod.So I decided to download it and give it a try.I
have version 7.55 downloaded and ready to install (I hope).so onto my
question:

Is there anything I need to do before I install this mod?
For example do fresh install of diablo lod?Or will i be good to go with my
exisiting installation of diablo lod?

My concern about this is:
We have 4 copies of diablo / diablo lod and I dont remember which copy goes
to what computer(s).Which isnt a really big issue since i have downloaded
the program to obtain the cd key, other than the fact that I am feeling a
little bit lazy and dont want to have uninstall diablo and reinstall it just
to try out the Ce mod that I may or may not like.

Also if memory serves me right this Mod can be played offline correct????

Thank you for time and your kind answers.

You shouldn't have any problem installing 7.55. I didn't have any
problem at all.

I had problems with 7.51 and still haven't figured out how to get 7.59
to install. If you want to play online ladder play, I believe you have
to install 7.59

seadog wrote:
uestion:

> Is there anything I need to do before I install this mod?
> For example do fresh install of diablo lod?Or will i be good to go with my
> exisiting installation of diablo lod?

Make sure your D2LOD 1.10 install is clean, no hacks or cracks. CE wont
run otherwise.

> My concern about this is:
> We have 4 copies of diablo / diablo lod and I dont remember which copy goes
> to what computer(s).Which isnt a really big issue since i have downloaded
> the program to obtain the cd key, other than the fact that I am feeling a
> little bit lazy and dont want to have uninstall diablo and reinstall it just
> to try out the Ce mod that I may or may not like.
> Also if memory serves me right this Mod can be played offline correct????

Yes sir it can be played offline and i have been playig it mostly
offline. Yesterday night for the first time i ventured on to Chaos Core
Community asia realm and it was nice. Much much better than Bnet, nicer
and kinder players there. Oh about the 4 computers...get it cleared by
chaos energy first.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, "seadog" wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I don't normally post here. Just do alot of lurking, I have been reading alot
>> of post about the CE mod. So I decided to download it and give it a try. I
>> have version 7.55 downloaded and ready to install (I hope).so onto my
>> question:

Current version is 7.59 but when downloaded and running it says 7.58...

>> Is there anything I need to do before I install this mod?

Disable/remove any cheats/hacks/etc. This is not a statement about
them, but the Mod requires what is in effect a virgin install of 1.10
LOD. Otherwise the CE installer (being a blind script) puts hooks
(function pointers) to CE stuff at the wrong addresses in the LOD stuff
and the only thing that is guaranteed to work right is The Blue Screen
Of Death. Usually it simply fails to run.

>> For example do fresh install of diablo lod?
>> Or will i be good to go with my
>> exisiting installation of diablo lod?

If your installation of D2 LOD v1.10 is 'clean', you're good to go.
Install the 7.55 you've got, THEN ACTIVATE THE MOD, then install the
7.59 patch.

>> My concern about this is:
>> We have 4 copies of diablo / diablo lod and I dont remember which copy goes
>> to what computer(s). Which isnt a really big issue since i have downloaded
>> the program to obtain the cd key, other than the fact that I am feeling a
>> little bit lazy and dont want to have uninstall diablo and reinstall it just
>> to try out the Ce mod that I may or may not like.

Idea: go to each machine and run the showcdkeys, writ it on a paper, and
save that paper!

>> Also if memory serves me right this Mod can be played offline correct????

Affirmative!
And several machines can LAN together for home partying.

If you go online, inform ChaosEnergy himself that you have 4 machines
behind the same router; those machines may not be logged in online games
from the same account (4 machines, 4 accounts, 4 different people
playing).

CE (the online servers) are donated, and are not as robust as
Battle.Net. Multiple computers running multiple characters from the
same account at the same time can crash the servers. (what I loved to do
on b.net with 4 machines to get 3 mules from the mule account to hell
with the help of one 'player' character is forbidden/harmful).

B.Net had a limit of 8 chars / account and no limit on the number of
accounts. CE allows 18 chars / account, and 1 account per person.

>> Thank you for time and your kind answers.

I'll be looking for you, SeaDog. Make a "SeaDog" posting in the
"inhabitant" section of the forum to introduce yourself to the
community, make your "SeaDog" account, and join the family.

I'm (mentally) stuck in HCL on the Europe server (there's no US server
yet), so you'll meet me there if you're there.

Brian/Webwalker

Joe

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:36:17 -0400, MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack
Sky) wrote:

>You shouldn't have any problem installing 7.55. I didn't have any
>problem at all.
>
>I had problems with 7.51 and still haven't figured out how to get 7.59
>to install. If you want to play online ladder play, I believe you have
>to install 7.59

IIRC you have to overwrite the new files 7.59 give you into your 7.55
I didn't have any problem installing 7.55 and upgrading to 7.59 but
when I wanted to go back to 7.55 I had to reinstall the whole D2 kit
for some odd reasons so if you just intall 7.55 and

yes 7.55 is good and I''d say ideal for Single Player that's all I
play with it and I like the extra teddy bears and the stronger
warcries

Thank you to everyone that helped out with my question.

Later tonite I will be going ahead with the install onto my computer,If we
all like it than I will do as suggested and contact chaos energy and let
them know about the multiple computers.

Also thank you brian, once I am up and running with the CE mod I will make a
post and introduce myself.Naturally my account name will be seadog if we go
online with it (or something close to that).

As far as my installation of d2 lod being clean the only thing I have added
to my machine (computer) is hero editor v0.80, the only reason I downloaded
that was:
At that time I still played online alot and wanted to try out some different
characters (skellimencer).

Personally I love my paladins and my singer barbs.

Thank you all agian,

Seadog

seadog wrote:

>Personally I love my paladins and my
>singer barbs.

If you like singer barbs, you're gonna love this mod. Warcry is a very
viable killing skill. With maxed synergies my two barbs do 74-77K
damage per warcry. That's probably the max damage for that skill, since
with skiller charms howl, taunt, battlecry and warcry are all at level
100. I have one SC and one HC barb and they both do the same amount of
damage.

If you like paladins you're gonna love this mod as well since a lot of
the equipment you find has the paladins auras on it when equiped. I
think between my barb and my merc, there are about 6 paly auras going
at any one time. Plus BO and shout. I found a shield that has 4 to
holy shield which my barb loves.

I started making a FOH paly but once I started running into the
lightning immune monsters I decided to scrap that project for a while.

TRENDING THREADS