Help with Sorc

RJ

Started a BowSorc using Kuko and max enchant/warmth. Currently at clvl
50 she is doing over 2500 damage. I need some advice. I know that my
fire damage will become ineffective in hell so I was thinking of going
with another skill/damage on switch but I want to stay with a bow. So
if I could do a lightning damage bow on the switch and then max
lightning mast. Would this work and be good in hell? Can I get 2500
damage on the other bow? Or I could give a bow to a rogue merc. The
thought of two bows one with lightning and other with fire interests
me. What setup would work best on this rogue? If I put + skills on
the rogue does it benefit my sorc? Has any one done this build?

RJ wrote:
> Started a BowSorc using Kuko and max enchant/warmth. Currently at clvl

If I recall, the explosion from Kuko does not carry the fire damage
from Enchant. I could be wrong since I haven't tried BowSorc yet.

> 50 she is doing over 2500 damage. I need some advice. I know that my
> fire damage will become ineffective in hell so I was thinking of going
> with another skill/damage on switch but I want to stay with a bow. So

Another option to consider is to have Sorceress Orb & Shield on switch
and pick a secondary skill to become like standard Sorceress when
facing Fire Immunes. With 60 points tied up at Enchant, the easiest
2ndary skill to get is Frozen Orb. Such build can be done as early as
lvl 79, with 1 point each in Cold Mastery, Static Field, and Teleport.
Or with Nova as 2ndary skill, can be done as early as lvl 92.

> if I could do a lightning damage bow on the switch and then max
> lightning mast. Would this work and be good in hell? Can I get 2500

Lightning mastery will indeed boost the lightning damage from your
bow(Hellrack, if I recall, does lightning damage?). However, with low
life, no blocking, and low resistance (due to lack of shield),
survivability could be an issue for a BowSorc.

> damage on the other bow? Or I could give a bow to a rogue merc. The

I had a rogue merc using Windforce to accompany my BearDruid. She did
poorly in Hell in terms of killing speed. I don't think you should
choose a rogue merc to accompany your BowSorc.

> thought of two bows one with lightning and other with fire interests
> me. What setup would work best on this rogue? If I put + skills on
> the rogue does it benefit my sorc? Has any one done this build?

The +skills on your rogue merc will not benefit your sorc directly. It
will benefit the rogue herself I would strongly suspect.

If you can afford them, Dream Hat + Dream Shield, and maximum level
Lightning Mastery can do wonder. The two Holy Shock auras stack up.

On 14 Jul 2005, "RJ" wrote:

>> Started a BowSorc using Kuko and max enchant/warmth. Currently at clvl
>> 50 she is doing over 2500 damage.

max Fire Mastery and *greatly* increase that.

>> I need some advice. I know that my
>> fire damage will become ineffective in hell so I was thinking of going
>> with another skill/damage on switch but I want to stay with a bow. So
>> if I could do a lightning damage bow on the switch and then max
>> lightning mast. Would this work and be good in hell? Can I get 2500
>> damage on the other bow? Or I could give a bow to a rogue merc. The
>> thought of two bows one with lightning and other with fire interests
>> me. What setup would work best on this rogue? If I put + skills on
>> the rogue does it benefit my sorc? Has any one done this build?

With a Dream hat you add lightning damage to every shot. Io/Jah/Pul
isn't cheap...

However, if you have points in Lightning Mastery, it multiplies the
effect of any lightning damage charms you have, making each bow show a
dual-element attack. Another bow on switch (6 Tal runes or a Buriza Do
Kyanon) puts another type of damage into the target (which still uses
the AR boost of the Enchant).

Dress up your merc to fill in the gap. I'd go with a Holy Freeze merc
set up for max Crushing Blow meaning Guillaumes Face, Hone Sundan
(shael/amn/amn), and Duress (ShaelUmThul) armor, which will give good
leech and killing speed.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

<snip>

> Dress up your merc to fill in the gap. I'd go with a Holy Freeze merc
> set up for max Crushing Blow meaning Guillaumes Face, Hone Sundan
> (shael/amn/amn), and Duress (ShaelUmThul) armor, which will give good
> leech and killing speed.
>

> --
>
> Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
> USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Hi,

My level 91 Sparkler Sorcs Merc is based around Crushing Blow. I went the
Holy Freeze and suited him up with Andariels Visage (for the Life Leech),
Obedience in an Ethereal Cryptic Axe (Hel, Ko, Thul, Eth, Fal), Duress Armor
(Shael, Um, Thul). He's very destructive. Ofcourse he's level 91 also.

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Alex Holtz wrote:

> RJ wrote:
>
>>Started a BowSorc using Kuko and max enchant/warmth. Currently at clvl
>

> If I recall, the explosion from Kuko does not carry the fire damage
> from Enchant. I could be wrong since I haven't tried BowSorc yet.

Crowds of Fallen would drop when I hit one of them using Kuko.

~misfit~ wrote:

> Bob I wrote:
>
>>Alex Holtz wrote:

>>>If I recall, the explosion from Kuko does not carry the fire damage
>>>from Enchant. I could be wrong since I haven't tried BowSorc yet.
>>>

>>Crowds of Fallen would drop when I hit one of them using Kuko.
>

> Yes, the damage from enchant is carried over to the splash damage. That's
> what makes Ravenclaw, Kuko and Demon Machine such good weapons for an
> enchantress (or a character who has been enchanted).
> --
> ~misfit~

But it's only for a character tho. A rogue does not get enchanted
splash. :-(