Input voltage of Inspirion 3000 or Inspiron 7000?

Can someone please tell me the input voltage of the Inspiron 3000 and
Inspiron 7000? I ask because I have an iGo and a plug that will
physically fit my Inspiron 2200 and which is listed as supporting the
Inspiron 3000 and 7000, but I want to make sure the voltage is
compatible with my 2200.

The voltage is listed on the underside of the laptop and on the
transformer.

Thanks.

-Joel

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <joel@exc.com> wrote in message

> Can someone please tell me the input voltage of the Inspiron 3000 and
> Inspiron 7000? I ask because I have an iGo and a plug that will
> physically fit my Inspiron 2200 and which is listed as supporting the
> Inspiron 3000 and 7000, but I want to make sure the voltage is
> compatible with my 2200.
>
> The voltage is listed on the underside of the laptop and on the
> transformer.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Joel

If you'd have taken my advice and purchased the auto/air adapter from Dell,
this thread wouldn't exist at all.

Good luck.

Stew

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pcyc/specs.htm
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptwist/specs.htm
3000=19VDC 2.4A 45W
7000=20VDC 3.5A 70W

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <joel@exc.com> wrote in message

> Can someone please tell me the input voltage of the
> Inspiron 3000 and
> Inspiron 7000? I ask because I have an iGo and a plug
> that will
> physically fit my Inspiron 2200 and which is listed as
> supporting the
> Inspiron 3000 and 7000, but I want to make sure the
> voltage is
> compatible with my 2200.
>
> The voltage is listed on the underside of the laptop and
> on the
> transformer.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Joel

>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pcyc/specs.htm
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptwist/specs.htm
>3000=19VDC 2.4A 45W
>7000=20VDC 3.5A 70W

Curious. Makes one wonder how the same adapter works with both the
3000 and the 7000.

Thanks.

-Joel

If it's 19.5 VDC then it is well within specs and hopefully
over powered for the 3000.

> >http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pcyc/specs.htm
>>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptwist/specs.htm
>>3000=19VDC 2.4A 45W
>>7000=20VDC 3.5A 70W
>
> Curious. Makes one wonder how the same adapter works with
> both the
> 3000 and the 7000.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Joel

>If it's 19.5 VDC then it is well within specs and hopefully
>over powered for the 3000.
>
>"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <joel@exc.com> wrote in message
>> >http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pcyc/specs.htm
>>>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptwist/specs.htm
>>>3000=19VDC 2.4A 45W
>>>7000=20VDC 3.5A 70W
>>
>> Curious. Makes one wonder how the same adapter works with
>> both the
>> 3000 and the 7000.

All that delicate machinery, and a 2.5% or perhaps 5% variation in
input voltage is okay. Good to know (if true).

-Joel

Think about it. The batteries in those machines are
somewhere in the 14 volt region
and the electronics run on 12/5/3.3/1.xx. The lumps are
merely supplying the power
to the on board regulators.