  • Nextel
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
May 4, 2005 3:21:58 PM

Hello,

Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip? I
think it goes onto the gold colored shield on the board. I just don't
know if I should stick it anyplace or at a certain spot on the shield.
Or, if there was a link to a picture that would help too. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:21:58 AM

More about : nextel i730 grounding clip

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:27:22 PM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21:58 -0400, Breck Fontaine

I added a picture of the shield. Anyones help in telling me where to
position the clip would be appreciated.

<BreckFontaine@spu.edu> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip? I
>think it goes onto the gold colored shield on the board. I just don't
>know if I should stick it anyplace or at a certain spot on the shield.
>Or, if there was a link to a picture that would help too. Any help
>would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
>Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:21:58 AM
>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
>Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:22:14 AM
>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:27:22 AM
May 4, 2005 3:28:21 PM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21:58 -0400, Breck Fontaine
<BreckFontaine@spu.edu> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip? I
>think it goes onto the gold colored shield on the board. I just don't
>know if I should stick it anyplace or at a certain spot on the shield.
>Or, if there was a link to a picture that would help too. Any help
>would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
>Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:21:58 AM
>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
>Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:22:14 AM
>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:28:21 AM
May 4, 2005 8:56:56 PM

Breck Fontaine <BreckFontaine@spu.edu> wrote in

> Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip?

I tried emailing you the Motorola document that shows where to put the
ground clip, but the email bounced back. I sent it to your address
listed in this post.
May 5, 2005 12:32:19 AM

FYI............The grounding clip does not work. It is like the old antenna
boosters sticky that you used to add to you phone for better reception.

"Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
> Breck Fontaine <BreckFontaine@spu.edu> wrote in
>
>> Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip?
>
> I tried emailing you the Motorola document that shows where to put the
> ground clip, but the email bounced back. I sent it to your address
> listed in this post.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:32:20 AM

"Thomas" <reid99@comcast.net> wrote in

> FYI............The grounding clip does not work. It is like the old
> antenna boosters sticky that you used to add to you phone for better
> reception.

I don't think so. I've seen posts from quite a few people that said that
it helped their reception. There's also an official Motorola bulletin
out on it, that says it may not improve every phone but that some phones
did show improvement and they recommended adding the clip. I don't think
that falls into the same category of the "antenna booster" scam.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 3:45:18 AM

In message <Auadnc3CppJc9OTfRVn-iw@comcast.com> "Thomas"
<reid99@comcast.net> wrote:

>FYI............The grounding clip does not work. It is like the old antenna
>boosters sticky that you used to add to you phone for better reception.

That is not correct. You wouldn't see Motorola+Nextel doing it at no
charge (in other words, at their expense) if that were the case.

Not all phones suffered from the flaw, so in some cases it won't help,
but in many cases it definitely will help.

I noticed a huge improvement -- And to prove it wasn't a placebo effect,
I was aware of the issue, but I wasn't aware my phone had the clip
applied (it went in for a different reason and as far as my dealer and I
knew the fix only applied to Motorola phones, not TELUS phones)

--
Never try to extort more than it would cost to have you killed.
Anonymous

In message <HvqdndyQu9lsV-ffRVn-rA@comcast.com> "Thomas"
<reid99@comcast.net> wrote:

>I am a 1st and 2nd Echleon Motorola Repair Tech. that use to work in a
>Authorized Service Center before I went over to Engineering. We put
>countless number of these in and in some cases told people that they were
>already installed when they actually wasn't. But yet all claimed that helped
>with signal level, even with the one's we didn't install it in...Mind of
>matter. Anyways...We have completed bench level testing with a Motorola 2600
>"this is the actual test equipment that is used to check a radio with at
>Motorola" and there was no notice increase in signal reception with or
>without the ground clip in the phone.
>I am not trying to be a no it all by any means on this. If will make you
>feel better by all means install it. If you are not sure where to put it let
>me know and I will give you the place where Motorola says to.

Well perhaps -- But I noticed an improvement, and only later determined
that I had the clip installed (My phone had been in for an unrelated
fix)

The only real improvement I've noticed is that I haven't dropped a
single call since the clip was installed. I might have slightly better
signal strength in my house, but I believe that's a placebo effect.

--
Oh well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.
!