Xabre 400 problems

UsHeR_564

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2002
I bought one of these last month and it did a good job on every game I play until UT2003 came out. I can't get this card to run correctly with UT2003. I've used every driver I could find from both Power Color and SiS and I even reduced the quality of the game to the point that I have blotches showing up on screen with nothing in them and it's still jerky. Anyone else have similar problems with UT2003 and this card? Did you fix the problem and if so, how?

I also have another computer (both are similar systems) with an ATI 8500LE card that runs UT2003 just fine.

Thanks, UsHeR_564

"You can run, but your punk ass will only die tired!"

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
did NOLF2 work with your Xabre...i also have a friend who has the Power Color xabre400...and he can play everything well on it..but NOLF2 crashes his pc after like 10 seconds. I play UT2003..but he never even installed it cuz he didnt like it..but just for the sake of your problem..will install it latter on his PC and check it out.

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
You need to contact the manufacturer and ask them for a fix. Problems like this shouldn´t exist, and it´s their duty to get it fixed.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

UsHeR_564

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2002
Well, I did go their site (Powercolor.com.tw) looking for support. As far as I can tell, there is none! You can correct me if I'm wrong on this but I didn't see anything on their site about support or help other than a FAQ, which didn't help. I sent an Email to the Vendor that I bought it from requesting help or an RMA. I, like you, think that these things should work as advertised! I guess one reason for this is that UT2003 wasn't out when I bought it so few ppl would have known it wouldn't run on the Xabre card. The way it acts indicates to me that the chipset doesn't have enough "balls" to do the job on UT2003.

Later.....................UsHeR_564

UsHeR_564

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2002
Sorry, don't know what NOLF2 is? I've run Quake2, Quake3, Uneal, Unreal Tournament, RTCW, MOHAA without any problems. .......................UsHeR_564

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
... and it´s fairly known already. In gaming circles anyway.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>