CE mod - Lazarus and "No level name"

Has someone found Lazarus in CE mod? I've been searching him for a long
time with no success.

Another strange thing I did find though while searching him is this "no
level name" -area to which a portal is opened in corner of Blood Moor
close to the Rogue camp.

I have no idea what activates the portal, it just opened while I was
killing monsters "around it". The portal came out of nowhere just like
the Tristram portal opens. I was able to repeat this, but still I don't
know what actually opened it.

The area itself looks like to be a _vast_ plain with a lot of monsters
but nothing else of interest. Anyone got any idea what this place is for?

Oh, almost forgot to mention: I am playing CE mod version 7.59.
13 answers Last reply
More about lazarus level name

    AngelOfLight wrote:

    > Another strange thing I did find though while searching him is this "no
    > level name" -area to which a portal is opened in corner of Blood Moor
    > close to the Rogue camp.
    Does it only happen during online play? I have never had this happen
    earlier, yesterday online i had this happen. I had just killed a
    quillbear and it dies with a different effects animation, and then
    there was the blizard storm animation and the portal opened, i stepped
    through and was promptly wasted [killed]

    > Oh, almost forgot to mention: I am playing CE mod version 7.59.

    also playing 7.59 recently upgraded so it might be a 7.59 thing, not
    sure though.

    AngelOfLight wrote:

    > Another strange thing I did find though while searching him is this "no
    > level name" -area to which a portal is opened in corner of Blood Moor
    > close to the Rogue camp.

    Firstly sorry for double posting, i found the answer. On the chaos
    empire forums it is said that the no Name Level is a test area. And
    that it may be incorporated in a later version. It is supposedly deadly
    as most monsters there are high levels. Umm and someone also said that
    It happens after killing a quilbear. So i guess my poor level ones will
    have to stay away from quillbears..nah

    GrimBold wrote:
    > AngelOfLight wrote:

    > > Another strange thing I did find though while searching him is this "no
    > > level name" -area to which a portal is opened in corner of Blood Moor
    > > close to the Rogue camp.

    > also playing 7.59 recently upgraded so it might be a 7.59 thing, not
    > sure though.

    Could very well be. I've played 7.51 and 7.55, have heard about this
    secret level and am quite curious to see it. However, despite killing
    many a Quillbear in the Blood Moor I've never had any kind of portal
    appear.

    Jill

    AngelOfLight wrote:

    > Has someone found Lazarus in CE mod? I've been searching him for a long
    > time with no success.

    IIRC, Lazarus is found in the Halls of the Dead Level 3 where Blood
    Witch the Wild used to be. At least, that's where I found him.

    Jill

    On 15 Jul 2005 04:10:44 -0700, "neithskye"
    <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >GrimBold wrote:
    >> AngelOfLight wrote:
    >
    >> > Another strange thing I did find though while searching him is this "no
    >> > level name" -area to which a portal is opened in corner of Blood Moor
    >> > close to the Rogue camp.
    >
    >> also playing 7.59 recently upgraded so it might be a 7.59 thing, not
    >> sure though.
    >
    >Could very well be. I've played 7.51 and 7.55, have heard about this
    >secret level and am quite curious to see it. However, despite killing
    >many a Quillbear in the Blood Moor I've never had any kind of portal
    >appear.

    i've got the latest mod and it has opened for both characters i've
    created in Blood Moor. the first character went in and saw nothing,
    just ground and fog, and a couple of monster appeared, who immediately
    whacked her dead.

    The second character saw the portal, but remembering the fate of the
    first character, left it alone. Heh.

    On 15 Jul 2005 04:16:40 -0700, "neithskye"
    <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >AngelOfLight wrote:
    >
    >> Has someone found Lazarus in CE mod? I've been searching him for a long
    >> time with no success.
    >
    >IIRC, Lazarus is found in the Halls of the Dead Level 3 where Blood
    >Witch the Wild used to be. At least, that's where I found him.

    Yah, me too.

    GrimBold wrote:

    > Firstly sorry for double posting, i found the answer. On the chaos
    > empire forums it is said that the no Name Level is a test area. And
    > that it may be incorporated in a later version. It is supposedly deadly
    > as most monsters there are high levels. Umm and someone also said that
    > It happens after killing a quilbear. So i guess my poor level ones will
    > have to stay away from quillbears..nah

    I had it happen 3 times during single player / tcp/ip games. The
    monsters inside seem to be somewhat tough already in normal difficulty
    although they posed no threat to a lvl 95 hydrib amazon. There is a
    fence of somekind in the no name level near the portal, but the rest of
    the area looks to be empty except for the almost endless crowds of monsters.

    I tried this trick on nightmare and hell difficulty too but was unable
    to get the portal to appear.

    One other thing that bothers me is the Dungeon below Nihlatak. Last time
    I visited there in version 7.51 the portal at the lowest level was
    defunctional. There was some speculation that it might be activated in a
    later version, does anyone know whether it really works in the present
    version of the mod? It is a long way down there, just to check it out ... ;)

    neithskye wrote:

    > IIRC, Lazarus is found in the Halls of the Dead Level 3 where Blood
    > Witch the Wild used to be. At least, that's where I found him.

    Thanks for the information, I have to check it out :) Maybe I just
    missed it since I am quite sure I visited Hall of the Dead too.

    What version are you playing btw?

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:19:20 +0300, AngelOfLight
    <remedyinen@hotREMOVETHISmail.com> wrote:

    >> Has someone found Lazarus in CE mod? I've been searching him for a long
    >> time with no success.

    No problem... Just go (as if to) get the cube, and he's right there
    every time!

    >> Another strange thing I did find though while searching him is this "no
    >> level name" -area to which a portal is opened in corner of Blood Moor
    >> close to the Rogue camp.

    Random chance when you kill a quillbear.

    >> The area itself looks like to be a _vast_ plain with a lot of monsters
    >> but nothing else of interest. Anyone got any idea what this place is for?

    Leveling a char who is about 33... that's the level the monster are.

    It was a test level that got left in...

    >> Oh, almost forgot to mention: I am playing CE mod version 7.59.

    Welcome to the Friendly Nut House.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, AngelOfLight wrote:

    >> One other thing that bothers me is the Dungeon below Nihlatak. Last time
    >> I visited there in version 7.51 the portal at the lowest level was
    >> defunctional. There was some speculation that it might be activated in a
    >> later version, does anyone know whether it really works in the present
    >> version of the mod? It is a long way down there, just to check it out ... ;)

    It is functional in 7.59, that's where The Ancient Diablo is, and that
    is where (along with the other "A Nasty Place" areas) The Ubers drop.

    --

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    >It is functional in 7.59, that's where The
    >Ancient Diablo is, and that is where
    >(along with the other "A Nasty Place"
    >areas) The Ubers drop.

    I never found squat in the line of Ubers in any of the 17 dungeon levels
    including the "nasty places" as well as the last one with Ancient
    Diablo. And there was a trap door on that 17th level that I couldn't go
    through. What kind of stuff did you find?

    I seem to do better in cows after firing up a torch.

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    > On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, AngelOfLight wrote:
    >

    >>>One other thing that bothers me is the Dungeon below Nihlatak. Last time
    >>>I visited there in version 7.51 the portal at the lowest level was
    >>>defunctional. There was some speculation that it might be activated in a
    >>>later version, does anyone know whether it really works in the present
    >>>version of the mod? It is a long way down there, just to check it out ... ;)
    >

    > It is functional in 7.59, that's where The Ancient Diablo is, and that
    > is where (along with the other "A Nasty Place" areas) The Ubers drop.

    I visited there three times (hell difficulty) with a couple of my
    friends in a tcp/ip game but that was back in 7.51 version. However, in
    spite of clearing every level and monster out, we were unable to find
    any Uber items.

    The thing I was referring to is the functionality of portal / trap door
    at the 17th level where those Ancient creatures are located, close to
    the big hall in the center where Ancient Diablo himself lurks. Maybe I
    didn't put it out clearly enough ;)

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, AngelOfLight wrote:

    >> The thing I was referring to is the functionality of portal / trap door
    >> at the 17th level where those Ancient creatures are located, close to
    >> the big hall in the center where Ancient Diablo himself lurks. Maybe I
    >> didn't put it out clearly enough ;)

    Ah! That permanent portal thingie is decoration only. No 17th level,
    sorry. And uber drops are uber-rare.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper