Video probs with new mobo

JokerNfear

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
i bought a MSI 648 MAX-l with a p4 2.4b cpu at 533 bus with 512DDR333 Samsung memory i put my old Abit Siluro Ti200 DVI card in it my cd rom and a Western Digital 40gig HD in it i installed a fresh copy of Win98 new Directx 8.1 with newest Nvidia drivers and using onboard lan and sound my problem is that i can play cs in openGL fine adn other games that way but if i go into a directX game like BlackHawk Down i get a completely black screen in menu this also happens in Mad Oroin benchmark the loading screen is all black and when it runs the benchmark its all messed up ive tried formating reinstalling different drivers everything and it just dosent wanna work in DirectX games dose anyone have a glue or a fix they know of for this board or video card ive tried WinXP and everything worked fine i think its a problem that can be fixed im hoping its not my video card tho it just dosent liek Win98 on this sytem if i take everything adn put it back on my p3 1gig 512ram abit SE6 board it works fineno problems adn i set it up 100% the same way i dont get it

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
Good god man, learn how to put periods and stuff in your text! That was messy as hell.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>