Passion Enchantress

Hi,

so now I'm working on an Enchantress using a Passion Phaseblade with Zeal
attack. From what I've read on several boards, she needs 65%IAS to reach
the full 7-8fpa speed possible?

An orb with +3 Shiver armor provides the defense bonus, atm. I'd like to
throw in Energy Shield, as she already has max Warmth. Pre-buffed with
Memory Staff and other stuff, ES would be about level 15 (no skill points
invested). How much Telekinesis would be needed to make it work?

I'm partial between a Prayer or Defiance merc? With Insight, the Prayer
guy would provide endless mana and restore life, but does that work quick
enough? OTOH, Defiance would be a real nice boost to her defense?

Let's look at the skill layout:

20 Warmth
20 Enchant
10+ Fire Mastery

20 Frozen Orb
10+ Glacial Spike

1 Cold Mastery
1 Static Field
11 pre-reqs

That's 93 skill points up to now, turning her level 84. She's level 48
now, with 20 Enchant, 10 Warmth, 7 FM. She'll start filling FO now..

With her Memory Staff (built-in +3 Enchant), she can cast a level 34
Enchant already.

What about the shield? I don't think I can achieve max blocking there.
I'm thinking about a Sanctuary shield with 50-70 res all and 20 dex? Any
good base shield for this? 70 res all would be a good starting point for
max resists in Hell..

Thanx,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel wrote:

> An orb with +3 Shiver armor provides the defense bonus, atm. I'd like to
> throw in Energy Shield, as she already has max Warmth. Pre-buffed with
> Memory Staff and other stuff, ES would be about level 15 (no skill points
> invested). How much Telekinesis would be needed to make it work?

> Let's look at the skill layout:
>
> 20 Warmth
> 20 Enchant
> 10+ Fire Mastery
>
> 20 Frozen Orb
> 10+ Glacial Spike
>
> 1 Cold Mastery
> 1 Static Field
> 11 pre-reqs

Not sure why you have the points in Glacial Spike. I would just put
those points in either Cold Mastery or Telekinesis.

There's a reason that ES sorcs aren't good for melee enchantresses but
I forget what it is. Probably on one of those boards you looked at
though.

> What about the shield? I don't think I can achieve max blocking there.
> I'm thinking about a Sanctuary shield with 50-70 res all and 20 dex? Any
> good base shield for this? 70 res all would be a good starting point for
> max resists in Hell..

Troll Nest would be good I think. Otherwise an up'ed Visceratuant for
Block.
Moser's wouldn't be too bad either.

mark

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message

> Let's look at the skill layout:
>
> 20 Warmth
> 20 Enchant
> 10+ Fire Mastery

For a melee Enchantress maxed Fire Mastery is a must. This is because it
counts double. Once, when you cast the Enchant, it boosts the damage. Then
when you hit with a melee weapon, Mastery enhances the relevant elemental
damage. So skimping on Fire Mastery is a major blunder, IMO.

Similarly, a single point in Lightning Mastery (with plus skills) will boost
the (admittedly minor) lightning damage on the Passion phase blade. But also
any lightning damage you may have from charms or other sources, like a
Tiamat's Rebuke shield.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

So would Hydra from the Tiamats Rebuke be boosted Damage wise?

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote:

>> So would Hydra from the Tiamats Rebuke be boosted Damage wise?

Yes, any CtC fire spell gets the boost from your fire mastery.

skystrike's Meteors, any CtC fireball or firebolt... etc.

If only it affected your fire golem... if you had a fire golem...

g'night.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>
> >> So would Hydra from the Tiamats Rebuke be boosted Damage wise?
>
> Yes, any CtC fire spell gets the boost from your fire mastery.
>
> skystrike's Meteors, any CtC fireball or firebolt... etc.
>
> If only it affected your fire golem... if you had a fire golem...

Since she would be casting a lvl 34 enchant and can enchant the golem, the
damage added to the golems attack would be more than the addition via the
firemastery of its own attack.

Hi,

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in
> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>
>> Let's look at the skill layout:
>>
>> 20 Warmth
>> 20 Enchant
>> 10+ Fire Mastery
>
> For a melee Enchantress maxed Fire Mastery is a must. This is because
> it counts double. Once, when you cast the Enchant, it boosts the
> damage. Then when you hit with a melee weapon, Mastery enhances the
> relevant elemental damage. So skimping on Fire Mastery is a major
> blunder, IMO.

good tip. I was trying to save points for other skills..

> Similarly, a single point in Lightning Mastery (with plus skills) will
> boost the (admittedly minor) lightning damage on the Passion phase
> blade. But also any lightning damage you may have from charms or other
> sources, like a Tiamat's Rebuke shield.

One-point-wonder, yeah, right. Also I think it doesn't help Static?

Regards,

Oliver

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:00:18 -0500, "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net>
wrote:

>> "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message

>> > Yes, any CtC fire spell gets the boost from your fire mastery.
>> >
>> > skystrike's Meteors, any CtC fireball or firebolt... etc.
>> >
>> > If only it affected your fire golem... if you had a fire golem...
>>
>> Since she would be casting a lvl 34 enchant and can enchant the golem, the
>> damage added to the golems attack would be more than the addition via the
>> firemastery of its own attack.

I was "waving my chalk in thin air" meaning I don't know of a way for a
sorc to get a fire golem, so the question is strictly conjectural.

If she could, I wonder whether the Enchant would change the golem's
life, or just the damage (the thing is living fire, and she enhances
fire... so...)

The Golem's base damage (and AR) would gain the Enchant bonus, the
golem's innate fire and the enchant would be boosted by the Mastery...
it would be a pretty sight (if you weren't on the receiving end of it)

but I've always stuck with the clay golem. Slowing monsters (amplified
by Decrep) lets my skellie army (oops shifted from sorc to
skelliemancer) shred anything that isn't Immune To Physical.

--

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> "Mark" wrote
>> > "Oliver Wenzel" wrote

>> > For a melee Enchantress maxed Fire Mastery is a must. This is because
>> > it counts double. Once, when you cast the Enchant, it boosts the
>> > damage. Then when you hit with a melee weapon, Mastery enhances the
>> > relevant elemental damage. So skimping on Fire Mastery is a major
>> > blunder, IMO.
>>
>> good tip. I was trying to save points for other skills..

That one point gets you an enormous boost.

Figure: that 1 point climbs to 1 + all-skills + sorc-skills +
fire-skills, an increase in fire damage of 50+%

Or save that 1 point for something else and get 0% boost.

>> > Similarly, a single point in Lightning Mastery (with plus skills) will

be likewise worth it.

>> One-point-wonder, yeah, right. Also I think it doesn't help Static?

It does not help static in any way.