Crafting

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure as to how the crafting comes to be. I know that it has its
item requirements like the magic belt, tal rune, perfect ruby and any jewel
and it adds the little combo that it crafts.. But if the magic item has alot
of benefits aswell, does the crafted item keep those benefits aswell?

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Jake Mysterio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not 100% sure as to how the crafting comes to be. I know that it
> has its item requirements like the magic belt, tal rune, perfect ruby
> and any jewel and it adds the little combo that it crafts.. But if
> the magic item has alot of benefits aswell, does the crafted item
> keep those benefits aswell?

Nope, the item is just to determine the base item type. All mods are
rerolled. So use items you would just sell anyway, instead of ubergear ;)

Devast8or

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Jake Mysterio wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not 100% sure as to how the crafting comes to be. I know that it
>> has its item requirements like the magic belt, tal rune, perfect ruby
>> and any jewel and it adds the little combo that it crafts.. But if
>> the magic item has alot of benefits aswell, does the crafted item
>> keep those benefits aswell?
>
> Nope, the item is just to determine the base item type. All mods are
> rerolled. So use items you would just sell anyway, instead of ubergear ;)
>
> Devast8or

Yep, see also:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Jake Mysterio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not 100% sure as to how the crafting comes to be. I know that it has its
> item requirements like the magic belt, tal rune, perfect ruby and any jewel
> and it adds the little combo that it crafts.. But if the magic item has alot
> of benefits aswell, does the crafted item keep those benefits aswell?

Oh, yeah! I just crafted some cool Blood gloves for my barb. He's quite
happy now...

Fiend Knuckle
Sharkskin Gloves
Defense: 39
Durability: 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 46
14% Chance to cast lvl 5 Charged Bolt when struck
3% Mana stolen per hit <----- :D (I got mana leech too!)
3% Life stolen per hit
10% Chance of crushing blow <----- :D (10%! That's the max!)
+20 Life <----- :D (+20 life is also the max!)
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

If only there had been some resists or MDR. That would have been
perfect.

-Jason

Jason wrote:

> 10% Chance of crushing blow <----- :D (10%! That's the max!)
> +20 Life <----- :D (+20 life is also the max!)

Actually, these can be higher. Besides the set mods, there is a chance
to roll the same mods in the random part, which would stack.