CE Socketing Question

Joe

Is it possible to socket a yellow or blue (magic or rare) partizan to
have exactly 4 sockets in it and then to make an insight runeword with
it?

On 20-Jul-2005, Joe <caissy@nospamiprimus.com.au> wrote:

> Is it possible to socket a yellow or blue (magic or rare) partizan to
> have exactly 4 sockets in it and then to make an insight runeword with
> it?

Yes. Use 8 pgems.
--
Not 1337.

Joe wrote:
> Is it possible to socket a yellow or blue (magic or rare) partizan to
> have exactly 4 sockets in it and then to make an insight runeword with
> it?

No - you can only make runewords in ordinary socketted
(grey) items - this includes 'ordinary' ethereal items.

The (possibly not exhaustive) list of items you can't use:
Magic (blue), Rare (yellow), Unique (gold), Set (green),
Crafted (orange), Already runeworded (grey).

Ian

Oops, scratch that. Thought you were talking about plain LOD,
not a mod :-(

Ian

On 20 Jul 2005 08:45:57 -0700, "Ian Oversby" <oversby@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Oops, scratch that. Thought you were talking about plain LOD,
>not a mod :-(

I used Blue recently but not Yellow or Gold items, those have not
worked for me in Chaos Emprie.

On 20-Jul-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> I used Blue recently but not Yellow or Gold items, those have not
> worked for me in Chaos Emprie.

Yellow/rare should work the same as blue/magic, gold/unique and green/set
will NOT work.
What version are you playing?
--
Not 1337.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:58:32 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 20-Jul-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
>
>> I used Blue recently but not Yellow or Gold items, those have not
>> worked for me in Chaos Emprie.
>
>Yellow/rare should work the same as blue/magic, gold/unique and green/set
>will NOT work.
>What version are you playing?

according to the credits screen, 7.55

On 20-Jul-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> according to the credits screen, 7.55

I am also running 7.55 and have no trouble making runewords with
yellow/rare items. (I think every single runeworded item I own started as
a yellow, especially because on top of the runeword you can also do the
one time upgrade recipe with 3 body parts for even more mods)
Did it have the correct number of sockets?
Are you _sure_ it was not gold/unique? (on my new LED screen yellow and
gold look _very_ similar, much different than on my old CRT where you
could see the difference very easily)
Maybe try again?
--
Not 1337.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:04:18 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 20-Jul-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
>
>> according to the credits screen, 7.55
>
>I am also running 7.55 and have no trouble making runewords with
>yellow/rare items. (I think every single runeworded item I own started as
>a yellow, especially because on top of the runeword you can also do the
>one time upgrade recipe with 3 body parts for even more mods)
>Did it have the correct number of sockets?
>Are you _sure_ it was not gold/unique? (on my new LED screen yellow and
>gold look _very_ similar, much different than on my old CRT where you
>could see the difference very easily)
>Maybe try again?

maybe yer right. It was definitely yellow tho. and it would not work,
i tried it with blue, and it DID work.

Its not really neccessary for me, because i have been finding a wealth
of incredible stuff just gambling.

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
> yellow/rare items. (I think every single runeworded item I own started as
> a yellow, especially because on top of the runeword you can also do the
> one time upgrade recipe with 3 body parts for even more mods)

U know if u can do both the jawbone and horn upgrade with a weapon, or only
one of them ?

On 20-Jul-2005, "SoftMan Brian" <Brian_Hoey@hotmail.com> wrote:

> U know if u can do both the jawbone and horn upgrade with a weapon, or
> only
> one of them ?

I have only ever tried one or the other, if you try, let us know if it
works or not.
--
Not 1337.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, "SoftMan Brian" wrote:

>> "ArtDent" wrote
>> > yellow/rare items. (I think every single runeworded item I own started as
>> > a yellow, especially because on top of the runeword you can also do the
>> > one time upgrade recipe with 3 body parts for even more mods)
>>
>> U know if u can do both the jawbone and horn upgrade with a weapon, or only
>> one of them ?

Only one upgrade to any one item.

This not only means you can't add physical damage (horns) to an item
that already has the elemental damage (jawbones), you can't re-do a
tempering to see if you get better results.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper