High End Laptop

Userx

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Hey I'm lookin to make a high end laptop mainly for 3d Graphics, Ill also be using it for 2d digital painting and some games=).

Display is really really important to me, how are laptop displays these days? What kind of specs should I be lookin for? Can laptop screens produce results almost as good as normal moniters? I've been lookin at alienware and dell... Ill most likely be using my laptop with an electricity outlet so battery time isnt a issue.

If anyone has some suggestions or websites that they could reccomend please let me know! My budget isnt insane but I dont mind paying for my moneys worth!

-Userx!

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well there alot of good notbooks. Problem with some Is this, More Power = battery loss.

But there some notbooks or laptops that have 3.4 chips or better Like the Pro-star 8794. 512 meggs to 2gb of ram. I think they have a 3.2 and such and they have a Radeon 8600 I think With 256 megs on the graphics card. 17 inch widescreen.

And the more stuff init you have the less battery life you have.

A idea for you check the desktop and read up on the graphics cards and the laptops graphics are just a hair slower.

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Hey userx, your friendly Dell tech here!

If your looking for transportable system for on the go use, and need it to be powerful yet affordable, I might recommend the Inspiron 8600. It's rather upgradeable, and you can't beat the Complete Care Next Day On-Site contract on the systems. If you drop it on accident, or even run over it on accident, we'll replace it! However, if you'd like to have american's for your support (Homeusers are sent to overseas support channels), you'll have to purchase your system through a school, business, anything besides calling the 1-800-buy-dell number. The school or business should have a Dell Purchase program.

If you need any more info, feel free to post back.

Your Friendly Government Dell Tech,
J.E.
DellTech Rep ID - 172946