Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wholesaler/distributors for startup computer repair company

Last response: in Business Computing
November 5, 2012 7:50:44 PM

Hey guys,

I'm starting a computer repair shop. I'm in need of some distributor companies that provide good deals to companies.

I only know of places like tigerdirect and newegg for products. But unfortunately i will not be able to use them as their prices are pretty much on the average price range in which people sell at.

Does anyone have any wholesale/distributor companies they deal with that they can recommend?

Thanks!

More about : wholesaler distributors startup computer repair company

November 5, 2012 8:41:24 PM

Hi :) 

I own computer shops in the UK...

You have just come up with a problem all small computer shop owners have to face....

Its this.... NO matter what price you buy from the TRADE , there will ALWAYS be someone on the net selling the same item CHEAPER even though its a retail site... :( 

You CANNOT and SHOULD NOT try and compete on price, its a VERY good way to go bankrupt FAST....

You make your profit on repairs , servicing, Labour, and SERVICE.... all the things the big retailers and net sites CANNOT do...

All the best Brett :) 
November 5, 2012 8:54:06 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I own computer shops in the UK...

You have just come up with a problem all small computer shop owners have to face....

Its this.... NO matter what price you buy from the TRADE , there will ALWAYS be someone on the net selling the same item CHEAPER even though its a retail site... :( 

You CANNOT and SHOULD NOT try and compete on price, its a VERY good way to go bankrupt FAST....

You make your profit on repairs , servicing, Labour, and SERVICE.... all the things the big retailers and net sites CANNOT do...

Thanks Brett! That info is helpful. I didn't really expect to make anything off of the items as my main business will be computer service such as pc optimizations, virus removal, the usual stuff. I just wanted a better distributor that wasn't online and open to the public like TD/NE

again, thanks for the help:)  Always nice seeing a fellow owner help a noob start out:) 
Related resources
November 5, 2012 9:03:48 PM

chowdan said:
Thanks Brett! That info is helpful. I didn't really expect to make anything off of the items as my main business will be computer service such as pc optimizations, virus removal, the usual stuff. I just wanted a better distributor that wasn't online and open to the public like TD/NE

again, thanks for the help:)  Always nice seeing a fellow owner help a noob start out:) 

Always willing to help, ask any questions you wish...

No idea who TD/NE are as I am in England...lol

ALL distributors ARE online these days, the days of trade only suppliers have long gone i am afraid, the best you can hope for is a trade discount off their site prices, BUT it will take a while of using the SAME supplier to spend enough to get that discount, and 10% is a max discount...

To get 10% I have to spend over £10,000 a month for my shops....

November 8, 2012 9:20:55 AM

chowdan said:
Hey guys,

I'm starting a computer repair shop. I'm in need of some distributor companies that provide good deals to companies.

I only know of places like tigerdirect and newegg for products. But unfortunately i will not be able to use them as their prices are pretty much on the average price range in which people sell at.

Does anyone have any wholesale/distributor companies they deal with that they can recommend?

Thanks!

Hi, I can supply new parts like CPU's & Hard Drives at a VERY competitive wholesale price.

You can see my stock here: http://www.reddingocomputers.com
November 8, 2012 4:21:10 PM

RedDingoComputers said:
Hi, I can supply new parts like CPU's & Hard Drives at a VERY competitive wholesale price.

You can see my stock here: http://www.reddingocomputers.com

Your site is down...not a good start lol :) 

November 8, 2012 4:31:35 PM

Seeing that as well. Homepage is live, however the store link is down.

Got a temp website up and running. Brett have any advice on the site?

www.remotecomputerguru.com
November 8, 2012 5:00:19 PM

chowdan said:
Seeing that as well. Homepage is live, however the store link is down.

Got a temp website up and running. Brett have any advice on the site?

www.remotecomputerguru.com

I like the rest of the site, but the first page is awful (IMHO)

Lose the spinning world (it does nothing but distract from the text)

Increase the text size for both the page and the links, and add some colour lol...

Also that picture on the ABOUT page.... I seem to have seen it somewhere (a Dell advert maybe) ?

In the UK, (Different laws maybe) on our ABOUT page we HAVE to put who we are...Legal name of company, FULL Business address, Telephone numbers, VAT number etc etc....

November 8, 2012 5:09:30 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I like the rest of the site, but the first page is awful (IMHO)

Lose the spinning world (it does nothing but distract from the text)

Increase the text size for both the page and the links, and add some colour lol...

Also that picture on the ABOUT page.... I seem to have seen it somewhere (a Dell advert maybe) ?

In the UK, (Different laws maybe) on our ABOUT page we HAVE to put who we are...Legal name of company, FULL Business address, Telephone numbers, VAT number etc etc....

Thank you Brett:) 

Always nice getting honest answers from people. I fully support people stating the truth. It will benefit for the better:) 

Will be making updates and changes throughout the next week or so, I know I have some grammar errors to fix as well.

As for the photo. It was a stock photo that I got since I do not have any of my area. I will have to look into the other things such as legal name, vat and such for the USA(which I assume would be required for here)

Again, thanks for the help:) 
November 8, 2012 5:52:40 PM

You are very welcome.... :) 

November 9, 2012 7:43:11 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Your site is down...not a good start lol :) 

It's back up now, had to swap a server out.
!