Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which Uber-Gear/Build?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 8:36:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

as I'm playing SP only, I have (or can get) access to uber-stuff like high-
level runewords and such.

Every now and then I get the urge to try some of these - though I play w/o
cheating normally.

So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if you
could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really improves
a specific build?

I was thinking about doing a Strafezon with ICE bow and Fortitude armor,
accompanied by a Rogue with FAITH bow? We'd have Fana and Holy Freeze auras
and a bunch of physical damage..

Thanks,

Oliver

More about : uber gear build

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 8:46:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> I was thinking about doing a Strafezon with ICE bow and Fortitude armor,
> accompanied by a Rogue with FAITH bow? We'd have Fana and Holy Freeze auras
> and a bunch of physical damage..

I have never made an Ice bow, but if memory serves right, it has 200%
ED. Faith, on the other hand, has 330% ED. I'd use Faith on the
Amazon and Ice on the Rogue. If you just want high physical damage,
then why not Might merc, and if you want the Holy Freeze, Doom will do.

Strafe is not the fastest skill to kill with. I've done a Faith
StrafeaZon, even though I didn't get a good roll, level 13 Fanaticsm,
+2 skill, on a +2 Bow Skill Grand Matron Bow. I am playing East
Hardcore Ladder, and she is very safe to play with even in a large
game, but her killing speed is considerably much slower compared to
other builds.

Other common builds kill faster than the Faith StrafeZon. I have tried
the following. Annihilus and skill charms are implied.

Lightning TrapSin.
Mara's Kaleidoscope
2x SoJ
Sandstorm Trek for Strength boost
Whatever gloves, with some +Assassin Tree Skill perhaps
Arachnid Mesh
Enigma or CoH
HotO
Spirit
Harlequin or +2 Trap / FCR tiara
Max Light, C Bolt, Shockwave, Death, Shadow Master.
normal Prayer or Holy Freeze merc, Infinity is a must

HammerDin.
Mara's Kaleidoscope or +2 Combat / FCR
2x SoJ
Sandstorm Trek for Strength boost
Magefist or Trang Oul for FCR
Arachnid Mesh
Enigma or CoH
HotO
HoZ
Harlequin or +2 Combat / FCR tiara
Max Conc, BH, BA, Vigor, 1+ HS
normal Prayer merc with ethereal Insight

FOrb / FBall Sorc.
Mara's Kaleidoscope
2x SoJ
Sandstorm Trek for Strength boost
Magefist
Arachnid Mesh
CoH
Death Fathom with Facet
Spirit
Nightwing's Veil with Facet
Cold charms only, Fire are not as useful for this build
Max FOrb, FBall, FBolt, Meteor, 1+ FM, 1+ CM
normal Prayer merc with ethereal Insight, Infinity is useless as it
doesn't break most CI.

BoneMancer
Mara's Kaleidoscope or +2 Bone / FCR
2x SoJ
Marrowwalk is a must for bug exploitation
Trang Oul gloves
Arachnid Mesh
Enigma or CoH
White or HotO
Homunculus or Darkforce Spawn
Harlequin or +2 Bone / FCR tiara
Max Spear, Wall, Spirit, Teeth
normal Prayer merc with ethereal Insight

The TrapSin and HammerDin are friend's, so I do not know the optimal
build sequence to reach that state. I can give you the detailed build
sequence on the Sorceress and Necromancer, as well as the statistics of
the end product, if you want.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 4:01:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Dual Dream Passion chant Sorc. Max LM. Lightning damage that is silly,
_over_ the border of ludicrous.

CoH
Dream shield
Dream helm
Passion phase blade

Or is that more of a "because you could" build?
Related resources
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:09:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In a parallel universe, Anti-Oliver Wenzel said exactly the opposite of:

> Hi,
>
> as I'm playing SP only, I have (or can get) access to uber-stuff like
> high- level runewords and such.
>
> Every now and then I get the urge to try some of these - though I play
> w/o cheating normally.
>
> So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if
> you could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really
> improves a specific build?

Something I'd like to try someday would be a kicker with a Phoenix shield
and a Fortitude armor. That would be 300% ED from Fortitude, 350-400%
from Phoenix and probably crazy damage.

I'd do 20 Venom, Tiger Strike, Dragon Tail, Dragon Talon, 1 in all the
other Shadow skills, 1 or more in death sentry, 1 in BF and maybe Blade
Shield too.

If you really want the 'go broke' version, you can add a Dream helm and
Dream shield on switch. (1-648 with just the helm, 1-1668 with both helm
and shield so the switch should be fine for non-LI PIs.

If you have Stormlash, it's quite possibly the best kicker weapon around.
If you go runewords only, a lot of stuff seems tasty; Doom in a 1H
hammer, Beast 1H hammer for the fanat, CB and OW, etc...

For boots, any myrmidon greaves will do, but possibly none as nicely as
upgraded gore riders.

Gloves you should use Trang's for the poison damage, and rings are to
your taste. Basically you need to have a minimum of 24 to Dragon Talon
for the 5 kicks and anything above that is gravy. +all/assassin skills
are preferable as they help BoS/Venom/Shadow Master/Death Sentry. You
should try to have +3 Shadow claws on switch, they can be had with a bit
of patience stepping in and out of Pindle's garden looking at claws at NM
Anya's shop.

Don't use charge ups with Talon, they're wasted time as Talon is like a
faster zeal that only targets one enemy. Elemental damage, Crushing Blow
and CTC on striking stuff is very useful because of the speed you can
achieve with the kicks. Mine uses a Ribcracker and upped gore riders and
she kills Baal ridiculously quick. She's the only one of my characters
that dispatches Izual in secondes (I don't have a hammerdin so I don't
know if they're as fast).

You can use Tiger Strike with Dragon Tail for groups of non-PI non-FI
enemies, when maxxed it will do sickening amounts of damage, and always
keep a couple of sentries on the floor to blow up corpses as soon as they
fall and also to act as advance warnings of oncoming enemies.

If you want insane raw damage you can hire a might merc and give him a
pride stick for concentration on top of his might. I don't know if +
skills on the merc would boost one or both or none of the auras, but
since you'd be experimenting with edited stuff maybe you could try and
tell us ( or me at least... ;-P) because if +skills count that could mean
lots of damage as it would boost both his might and his concentration.
But to be honest I'd think it would only help with his might.

Wow, look at me rambling on and on and on... Can you tell I'm a bit of an
assassin fan? :-)
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
July 29, 2005 2:59:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I'm playing SP only, I have (or can get) access to uber-stuff like high-
> level runewords and such.
>
> Every now and then I get the urge to try some of these - though I play w/o
> cheating normally.
>
> So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if you
> could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really improves
> a specific build?

Frenzy barb.

Upgraded Vamp Gaze,
Gladiator's Bane
Upgraded String of Ears
Dracul's Grasp
Upgraded War Traveler's
Highlor's Wrath amulet
Bul Katho's Wedding Band ring
rare 8%LL/+16 all resists ring
2x Fury Elegant Blades
Plus, and Anihilus charm

All perfect, of course.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:01:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Jason wrote:
> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as I'm playing SP only, I have (or can get) access to uber-stuff like high-
> > level runewords and such.
> >
> > Every now and then I get the urge to try some of these - though I play w/o
> > cheating normally.
> >
> > So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if you
> > could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really improves
> > a specific build?
>
> Frenzy barb.

Oliver said: <quote> if you could afford everything </quote>

> Upgraded Vamp Gaze,

Why not perfect upgraded ethereal Zodded Arreat's Face?

> Gladiator's Bane

Why not Fortitude for the extra damage? Or ethereal Zodded Glad Bane
if DR is important. Or simply CoH for the resist.

> Upgraded String of Ears

I prefer Verdungo if I can get decent leech somewhere else.

> Dracul's Grasp
> Upgraded War Traveler's

Why not upgraded Gore Riders?

> Highlor's Wrath amulet
> Bul Katho's Wedding Band ring
> rare 8%LL/+16 all resists ring
> 2x Fury Elegant Blades

Why not on berserker axe for faster weapon speed? At least, I think
berserker axe is fastest one handed weapon. Why not switch one weapon
to Beast for the Fanaticsm aura?

> Plus, and Anihilus charm
>
> All perfect, of course.
July 29, 2005 5:17:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Alex Holtz wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> > Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > as I'm playing SP only, I have (or can get) access to uber-stuff like high-
> > > level runewords and such.
> > >
> > > Every now and then I get the urge to try some of these - though I play w/o
> > > cheating normally.
> > >
> > > So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if you
> > > could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really improves
> > > a specific build?
> >
> > Frenzy barb.
>
> Oliver said: <quote> if you could afford everything </quote>
>
> > Upgraded Vamp Gaze,
>
> Why not perfect upgraded ethereal Zodded Arreat's Face?
>

Because I prefer Vamp Gaze. The 20% reduced damage, dual leech and 15
MDR are more valuable than the +2 skills, +2 combat skills, 5% LL that
Arreats give me. Plus, the skull looks so cool!

> > Gladiator's Bane
>
> Why not Fortitude for the extra damage? Or ethereal Zodded Glad Bane
> if DR is important. Or simply CoH for the resist.
>

I like this armor for the "Cannnot be frozen" mod. Plus, the DR/MDR are
fantastic. I also like the 50% reduced poison length. Why not etherial?
I don't like the look of etherial items, and plugging in a Zod rune
would be ugly.

> > Upgraded String of Ears
>
> I prefer Verdungo if I can get decent leech somewhere else.
>

String has 10% DR, and 10 MDR. The leech is secondary to those, IMHO.

> > Dracul's Grasp
> > Upgraded War Traveler's
>
> Why not upgraded Gore Riders?
>

That is a good question. I could have easily gone with Gore Riders too.

> > Highlor's Wrath amulet
> > Bul Katho's Wedding Band ring
> > rare 8%LL/+16 all resists ring
> > 2x Fury Elegant Blades
>
> Why not on berserker axe for faster weapon speed? At least, I think
> berserker axe is fastest one handed weapon. Why not switch one weapon
> to Beast for the Fanaticsm aura?

I prefer swords to axes, and I think that elegant blades are cool.
Besides, no one else uses them, so why not me? As for Beast, I prefer
+10 to frenzy.

>
> > Plus, and Anihilus charm
> >
> > All perfect, of course.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 5:18:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Oliver Wenzel wrote:

> well, I have a Passion/Zeal Enchantress in the making. She's level 54 atm
> and just old enough to equip her Passion blade.. Gonna build her some more
> and try these Dual DREAMs. But I guess her resists will drop below zero
> with no resists in helmet/shield.

Let's see:
Anya - 30
2x Dream, take the average - 25
CoH - 65

That's already 20% in Hell, 10% to start with. I'm sure you can easily
scrounge up more resistances from Amulet and/or rings. Yes, without
CoH, resistances will probably be in the red zone.

2x Dream Sorceress can indeed has very high damage. A group of people
in East Softcore Ladder collaborated on creating a character with the
highest possible damage several months ago. 2x Dream Enchantress came
on top, with a maximum damage of 100,000. They have probably ebayed
the account then.

> Regards,
>
> Oliver
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:31:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:1122659978.186186.103750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>> So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if
>> you could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really
>> improves a specific build?
>
> Frenzy barb.
>
> Upgraded Vamp Gaze,
> Gladiator's Bane
> Upgraded String of Ears
> Dracul's Grasp
> Upgraded War Traveler's
> Highlor's Wrath amulet
> Bul Katho's Wedding Band ring
> rare 8%LL/+16 all resists ring
> 2x Fury Elegant Blades
> Plus, and Anihilus charm
>
> All perfect, of course.

well, I dunno why all these items have to be upgraded, but two FURY blades
sure are a nice idea. But I guess +5 Frenzy will be capped to +3 if used
on a barb?

Also, Elegant Blades only can get 2 sockets..

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:31:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

"Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:1122664197.367130.129360@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> Jason wrote:
>
>> Highlor's Wrath amulet
>> Bul Katho's Wedding Band ring
>> rare 8%LL/+16 all resists ring
>> 2x Fury Elegant Blades
>
> Why not on berserker axe for faster weapon speed? At least, I think
> berserker axe is fastest one handed weapon. Why not switch one weapon
> to Beast for the Fanaticsm aura?

Berserker Axe is weapon speed 0 and War Spike -10, but 'zerker has much
more damage. But with BEAST and level 9 Fana you'd be at highest speed
possible, I guess..

I have a level 76 Double Swing barb (20 Bash, 20 Axe Mastery, 13 BO/Shout)
and could try a BEAST/DEATH combo on him..

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:31:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

"Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:1122594366.837905.206750@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>> I was thinking about doing a Strafezon with ICE bow and Fortitude
>> armor, accompanied by a Rogue with FAITH bow? We'd have Fana and Holy
>> Freeze auras and a bunch of physical damage..
>
> I have never made an Ice bow, but if memory serves right, it has 200%
> ED. Faith, on the other hand, has 330% ED. I'd use Faith on the
> Amazon and Ice on the Rogue. If you just want high physical damage,
> then why not Might merc, and if you want the Holy Freeze, Doom will
> do.

well, ICE also has +25-30% cold damage and -20% enemy cold res, so a nice
addition to Frozen Arrow. ITD and 7%LL round it out.

>
> Strafe is not the fastest skill to kill with. I've done a Faith
> StrafeaZon, even though I didn't get a good roll, level 13 Fanaticsm,
> +2 skill, on a +2 Bow Skill Grand Matron Bow. I am playing East
> Hardcore Ladder, and she is very safe to play with even in a large
> game, but her killing speed is considerably much slower compared to
> other builds.

Well, I'm not really looking for the fastest killer, but for builds getting
a real advantage from high-level stuff.

>
> Other common builds kill faster than the Faith StrafeZon. I have
> tried the following. Annihilus and skill charms are implied.

[cookie-cutter builds snipped]
>
>
> The TrapSin and HammerDin are friend's, so I do not know the optimal
> build sequence to reach that state. I can give you the detailed build
> sequence on the Sorceress and Necromancer, as well as the statistics
> of the end product, if you want.

Exactly what I didn't want to do <g>. For example, Enigma Hammerdin..
What's the point of Enigma - teleport? I got a nice tp ammu for my
Hammerdin and can equip much better armor. +2 all skills? 2 skiller charms
can make up for it.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:31:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

"K.os" <K.osNO@SPAMvideotron.ca> wrote in
news:Xns96A1E19B7541DEwigeSchlangekraft@news.videotron.net:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-Oliver Wenzel said exactly the opposite
> of:

>> So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if
>> you could afford everything? But not because you could, but it really
>> improves a specific build?
>
> Something I'd like to try someday would be a kicker with a Phoenix
> shield and a Fortitude armor. That would be 300% ED from Fortitude,
> 350-400% from Phoenix and probably crazy damage.

would %ED in a Shield work or would you have to put it in a weapon? But it
sure would be crazy damage..
>
> I'd do 20 Venom, Tiger Strike, Dragon Tail, Dragon Talon, 1 in all the
> other Shadow skills, 1 or more in death sentry, 1 in BF and maybe
> Blade Shield too.
>
> If you really want the 'go broke' version, you can add a Dream helm
> and Dream shield on switch. (1-648 with just the helm, 1-1668 with
> both helm and shield so the switch should be fine for non-LI PIs.
>
Also, dual DREAM on a sorc would be awesome..

> If you have Stormlash, it's quite possibly the best kicker weapon
> around. If you go runewords only, a lot of stuff seems tasty; Doom in
> a 1H hammer, Beast 1H hammer for the fanat, CB and OW, etc...
>
> For boots, any myrmidon greaves will do, but possibly none as nicely
> as upgraded gore riders.
>
> Gloves you should use Trang's for the poison damage, and rings are to
> your taste. Basically you need to have a minimum of 24 to Dragon Talon
> for the 5 kicks and anything above that is gravy. +all/assassin skills
> are preferable as they help BoS/Venom/Shadow Master/Death Sentry. You
> should try to have +3 Shadow claws on switch, they can be had with a
> bit of patience stepping in and out of Pindle's garden looking at
> claws at NM Anya's shop.
>
> Don't use charge ups with Talon, they're wasted time as Talon is like
> a faster zeal that only targets one enemy. Elemental damage, Crushing
> Blow and CTC on striking stuff is very useful because of the speed you
> can achieve with the kicks. Mine uses a Ribcracker and upped gore
> riders and she kills Baal ridiculously quick. She's the only one of my
> characters that dispatches Izual in secondes (I don't have a hammerdin
> so I don't know if they're as fast).
>
[snip]
>
> Wow, look at me rambling on and on and on... Can you tell I'm a bit of
> an assassin fan? :-)

The build sounds very interesting. I only have a Tiger Strike/DTail Kicksin
at level 82 so far. Gonna put it onto my to-do list.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:31:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1122618296.657282.318140
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Dual Dream Passion chant Sorc. Max LM. Lightning damage that is silly,
> _over_ the border of ludicrous.
>
> CoH
> Dream shield
> Dream helm
> Passion phase blade
>
> Or is that more of a "because you could" build?

well, I have a Passion/Zeal Enchantress in the making. She's level 54 atm
and just old enough to equip her Passion blade.. Gonna build her some more
and try these Dual DREAMs. But I guess her resists will drop below zero
with no resists in helmet/shield.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 8:47:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In a parallel universe, Anti-Oliver Wenzel said exactly the opposite of:

[snip Fortitude armor and Phoenix shield]

> would %ED in a Shield work or would you have to put it in a weapon?
> But it sure would be crazy damage..

For kicks, %ED only helps off-weapon.

I've never been rich enough to afford these things so I don't know what
the numbers would look like. For now my kicker does 732-1193 (882-1461
with the merc's aura) with Dragon Talon for 5 kicks, wearing upgraded
gore riders. Her Dragon Tail is not maxed yet (max TS and 11 [16 with
items] in Dragon Tail) and she does 11K-17K (12K-18K with Might) with
those. Dragon Tail seems to be very sensitive to + skills as a skill
shrine brings her damage to 13K-21K with the merc's aura. She still needs
9 points [7 levels and +2 from hell Izual] in Dragon Tail so I think the
damage there can be pretty good, and I'd love to hear what phoenix and
fortitude would do for that. I'm also missing 5 points in Venom (level 15
[25 with +5 shadow on switch]) and so far it's doing 706-731 over .4
seconds wearing Trang Oul's gloves.

Since she uses a Ribcracker she's having a bit of trouble with PIs but I
keep Astreon's Iron Ward in her stash (magic damage) and when I run into
swarms of ghosts I trade armor with the merc's Duress (she usually wears
a Vipermagi for the +skill and resists) and they go down rather fast.
Whenever I'm fighting PIs I make sure I have 5 Death Sentries at all
times because even though the lightning damage is pitiful (1-100 so far)
every little bit helps. and the fire damage from the corpse explosions (6
yards I think) is also a nice help.

> Also, dual DREAM on a sorc would be awesome..

Yes, but for completely different reasons. The sorc with dream would
benefit from lightning mastery making the numbers astronomical, but the
assassin would hit 5-6 times per second, making the damage over time
quite interesting. Especially when you add other goodies like CB, OW and
other kinds of elemental damage. BTW, don't look for Deadly Strike gear
for a kicker, it doesn't carry over.

> The build sounds very interesting. I only have a Tiger Strike/DTail
> Kicksin at level 82 so far. Gonna put it onto my to-do list.

So far mine is only level 78 and she's having some survivability issues
but I did put too much in strenght (210 without items) so maybe more in
vit would have helped. Then again, she's my staff assassin so I'm pretty
sure if I broke down and equiped her with a weapon/shield setup she'd be
more durable, but she would have failed as a staff assassin. ;-P

Tell us how yours works out. I'd be curious to hear some damage numbers
on that!

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 8:49:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In a parallel universe, Anti-Oliver Wenzel said exactly the opposite of:

> Hi,
>
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:1122659978.186186.103750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>>> So, what build and which high-level runewords would you look for if
>>> you could afford everything? But not because you could, but it
>>> really improves a specific build?
>>
>> Frenzy barb.
>>
>> Upgraded Vamp Gaze,
>> Gladiator's Bane
>> Upgraded String of Ears
>> Dracul's Grasp
>> Upgraded War Traveler's
>> Highlor's Wrath amulet
>> Bul Katho's Wedding Band ring
>> rare 8%LL/+16 all resists ring
>> 2x Fury Elegant Blades
>> Plus, and Anihilus charm
>>
>> All perfect, of course.
>
> well, I dunno why all these items have to be upgraded, but two FURY
> blades sure are a nice idea. But I guess +5 Frenzy will be capped to
> +3 if used on a barb?

Probably not, since they don't give frenzy to non-barbs. Only oskills
have that restriction as far as I can see from the discussions...

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
!