recording D2

hi,
is it possible to record my LOD play?
i want the computer to record my chars kicking ass of evil monsters.
perhapse a program could run in background and record?
my computer is
amd 2600+
1 GB ram
1. hdd maxtor 120 GB
2. hdd maxtor 160 GB
ATI radeon 9600pro with 128 ram and tv out

thnx in advance
8 answers Last reply
More about recording

    "zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > is it possible to record my LOD play?
    > i want the computer to record my chars kicking ass of evil monsters.
    > perhapse a program could run in background and record?
    > my computer is
    > amd 2600+
    > 1 GB ram
    > 1. hdd maxtor 120 GB
    > 2. hdd maxtor 160 GB
    > ATI radeon 9600pro with 128 ram and tv out

    One of my machines has a 9200 AIW, so I tried several variations of how to
    record while playing. LOD doesn't like playing while ATI's video capture
    program is running. I did manage to use the tv out of another machine on the
    network with a voodoo 3 3000 and fed that into the video in of the 9200
    equipped machine. Not a very clear picture, nothing like it is on the comps
    monitor while playing.

    Perhaps if I had a video card with HD output and a HD capture card it might
    be as nice as when playing, but currently I gave up plans to make recordings
    to pass around to show others how much fun LOD is.

    The other solution you might try, is to check and see if the program
    Hypercam is still available, I never tried it, but did try their Hypersnap
    program for doing still caps.

    zekopeko wrote:
    > hi,
    > is it possible to record my LOD play?

    Two well known programs are FRAPS and Camtasia.
    Google them for exact URL.

    This may also help.
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=other;action=display;num=1122433146

    "zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > hi,
    > is it possible to record my LOD play?
    > i want the computer to record my chars kicking ass of evil monsters.
    > perhapse a program could run in background and record?

    > my computer is
    (snip)

    > and tv out

    It really looks like you can, given there's a vcr nearby :)

    HTH
    Rudi

    Falko Rudolph schrieb:
    > It really looks like you can, given there's a vcr nearby :)
    >
    > HTH
    > Rudi

    Not to mention a DVD recorder...man, you could be recording your
    character in style and then bring it back to the computer to edit.

    Falko Rudolph wrote:
    > "zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>hi,
    >>is it possible to record my LOD play?
    >>i want the computer to record my chars kicking ass of evil monsters.
    >>perhapse a program could run in background and record?
    >

    >>my computer is
    >
    > (snip)
    >

    >>and tv out
    >

    > It really looks like you can, given there's a vcr nearby :)
    >
    > HTH
    > Rudi

    the problem is that my vcr is some 15 meters (45 feet) from my computer.
    thats why i want to record it directly to disk

    (snip)

    > the problem is that my vcr is some 15 meters (45 feet) from my computer.
    > thats why i want to record it directly to disk

    I knew I must have missed something, it was too simple. I guess there's no
    cable long enough to connect and you are not allowed to move the vcr? Simple
    cinch-to-cinch cables should do it if you don't need highest quality.

    Rudi

    "Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > zekopeko wrote:
    >> hi,
    >> is it possible to record my LOD play?
    >
    > Two well known programs are FRAPS and Camtasia.
    > Google them for exact URL.
    >
    > This may also help.
    > http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=other;action=display;num=1122433146

    I seond the motion for Fraps. Real easy to use.

    --
    In a World full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    Alex Holtz wrote:
    > zekopeko wrote:
    >
    >>hi,
    >>is it possible to record my LOD play?
    >

    > Two well known programs are FRAPS and Camtasia.
    > Google them for exact URL.
    >
    > This may also help.
    > http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=other;action=display;num=1122433146

    thnx. tried fraps and it's great but the file sizes are huge! 6 min=4GB

Computers Hard Drives Maxtor Video Games