Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Patch 1.11 is coming

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 7:37:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Look at Mark's post in AGD.

More about : patch coming

July 29, 2005 7:44:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Alex Holtz wrote:
> Look at Mark's post in AGD.

The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be to
allow poison and open wounds to stack. The idea of hitting twice per
second, and each hit delivering 600 poison over 7 seconds is just too
cool. By the seventh second we'd have over 1,028 damage/second going.
THAT would make the necro's poison skills actually viable, and not so
much as a joke as they are now.

-Jason
July 29, 2005 7:56:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Mark wrote:
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1122677092.849137.5600@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be to
>
> FIX TPPK DAMNIT!

Yeah, that too. I've pretty much given up on the realms, so I keep
forgetting about TPPK, spambots, pickit, maphack (which I don't really
mind), duping, and general whining and begging in general. Sometimes,
it's nice to be a hermit. LOL

-Jason
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 29, 2005 8:17:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Jason wrote:
> Alex Holtz wrote:
> > Look at Mark's post in AGD.
>
> The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be to
> allow poison and open wounds to stack. The idea of hitting twice per
> second, and each hit delivering 600 poison over 7 seconds is just too
> cool. By the seventh second we'd have over 1,028 damage/second going.
> THAT would make the necro's poison skills actually viable, and not so
> much as a joke as they are now.
>
> -Jason

I prefer stacking poison as it makes every strike count
and with considerable lower numbers you could still do more
damage over all plus its fun seeing the life go down faster and
faster.I think the reason they dont use this method is the
amount of processing it would require as you could have dozens
of layers of poison going off for just one enemy.Sacred has this
kind of stacking of damage/attacks and it can cause tremendous
slow
down.
July 30, 2005 2:49:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1122677092.849137.5600@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be to

FIX TPPK DAMNIT!
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:03:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:coyGe.22$GN5.18@trndny08...
>
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1122677092.849137.5600@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be to
>
> FIX TPPK DAMNIT!
>

And botting.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 6:57:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

This, along with lag, botting, and hacking is why I'm happy in SP now.
Granted, I've been using hacked items to rush my own characters, at least
I'm "hurting" no one but myself.

Dave S.

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:coyGe.22$GN5.18@trndny08...
>
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1122677092.849137.5600@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be to
>
> FIX TPPK DAMNIT!
>
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 2:10:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be

Somewhat scaled down difficulty again. Not 1.09 easiness, but no longer 1.10
craziness either. In that case I might even return to playing...
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:29:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <dcfclj$nlb$04$1@news.t-online.com>,
Dirk Dreidoppel <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> The ONLY thing I would like to see in another D2 patch would be
>
>Somewhat scaled down difficulty again. Not 1.09 easiness, but no longer 1.10
>craziness either. In that case I might even return to playing...

Huh? I've soloed the game with several builds, all of which did fine.

If they're scaling down, there's one thing that is a candidate for that:
The Hell Ancients. These are very difficult to solo for a lot of builds,
though it should be doable with enough patience... I usually don't have
that.

Which builds did you strand with in 1.10 Hell?

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 7:02:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> Which builds did you strand with in 1.10 Hell?

All. Even in 1.09 my Sorc was the only one that could solo Hell Ancients.
1.10 was my reason to quit D2. Too many one-hit deaths. I went to Sacred,
which was rather ridiculously easy in the beginning, but has meanwhile been
well balanced overall. Though there still are some skills that are uber if
played right and some still useless.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 7:57:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Dirk Dreidoppel wrote:
>> Which builds did you strand with in 1.10 Hell?
>
> All. Even in 1.09 my Sorc was the only one that could solo Hell
> Ancients.
> 1.10 was my reason to quit D2. Too many one-hit deaths. I went to
> Sacred, which was rather ridiculously easy in the beginning, but has
> meanwhile been well balanced overall. Though there still are some
> skills that are uber if played right and some still useless.

The only build I've been able to get through hell was my skellimancer.
Every other build I tried got stuck in Act 1. I'm sure I could have gotten
through it with SOME of them, but I didn't find it fun.

Though, to be honest I always thought nightmare was a lot more fun than
Normal or Hell.

Though, I never did try a BH Paladin, or a sorc. (standard paladin,
con/berz barbarians, amazons)
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:57:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Patrick Vervoorn,
(patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl) said...

> >Somewhat scaled down difficulty again. Not 1.09 easiness, but no longer 1.10
> >craziness either. In that case I might even return to playing...
>
> Huh? I've soloed the game with several builds, all of which did fine.

But only with decent runewords; and several ladder runewords are realm
only, no way of getting them in SP. I wish they would finally transfer
them to SP.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 10:23:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> Though, to be honest I always thought nightmare was a lot more fun than
> Normal or Hell.

Normal is and stays tedious, because you don't have access to all skills
until Act V. And then you still have tobring them up to useable levels. This
is one thing where Sacred truly shines. You have full access to all skills
from the beginning, yet can't get too powerful too soon, since regeneration
times increase the higher you have your skills. Nightmare was fun breezing
through with all skills available and carefully tuning the char for Hell. I
used to like the challenge of Hell where it really mattered if you built
your char right. I've meanwhile remembered the other thing that really
bothered me in 1.10: The randomness of monsters in Act V. It was a good
thing to have broken the strict monotony of always having the same monsters
in the same areas, but bringing the other partly out of place monsters there
is where Blizz went overboard IMO. Synergies are also a hate-love thing,
especially with the Sorceress. 1.10 Hell requires specialization including
synergies, or you are too weak. Yet that forces you to take at least one
weakness, since skillpoints stay limited. So at least against one immunity
the Sorc may only run, unless you're in multiplayer and a party member can
take care of that.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 10:43:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <dcftp3$3b4$03$1@news.t-online.com>,
Dirk Dreidoppel <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> Which builds did you strand with in 1.10 Hell?
>
>All. Even in 1.09 my Sorc was the only one that could solo Hell Ancients.
>1.10 was my reason to quit D2. Too many one-hit deaths. I went to Sacred,
>which was rather ridiculously easy in the beginning, but has meanwhile been
>well balanced overall. Though there still are some skills that are uber if
>played right and some still useless.

Very strange. I've soloed 1.10 with two sorcs: one CL/FO, the other a
Blizzard/FB build. They did the entire game solo, except Hell Ancients
(I can agree if someone claims these are too hard for many characters to
solo). But I also soloed the entire game, including the Ancients, with a
Barbarian (IK) and a Zealot (rather good gear I admit).

Perhaps you should retry, and perhaps invest some more time/effort in
their gear...?

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 3:11:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

....no way of getting them in SP !

NOT true Gabi ! You CAN do that
with the CE Aurafix Patch.

"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:D cg80s$hff$01$3@news.t-online.com...
> On that special day, Patrick Vervoorn,
> (patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl) said...
>
>> >Somewhat scaled down difficulty again. Not 1.09 easiness, but no longer
>> >1.10
>> >craziness either. In that case I might even return to playing...
>>
>> Huh? I've soloed the game with several builds, all of which did fine.
>
> But only with decent runewords; and several ladder runewords are realm
> only, no way of getting them in SP. I wish they would finally transfer
> them to SP.
>
>
> Gabriele Neukam
>
> Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
>
>
> --
> Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:48:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> Perhaps you should retry, and perhaps invest some more time/effort in
> their gear...?

While it might work, it would not be fun, and I play games to have fun.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:50:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <dchong$nb8$00$1@news.t-online.com>,
Dirk Dreidoppel <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps you should retry, and perhaps invest some more time/effort in
>> their gear...?
>
>While it might work, it would not be fun, and I play games to have fun.

It's too bad you had such a bad experience with 1.10. I can only relate I
had a lot of fun going through Hell with the mentioned builds...

Anyway, to each his own, tastes differ, etc, etc. :) 

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 12:34:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:10:28 +0200, Dirk Dreidoppel wrote:

> Somewhat scaled down difficulty again. Not 1.09 easiness, but no longer 1.10
> craziness either. In that case I might even return to playing...

Same here. I did beat 1.10 a few times, but it wasn't fun ... just tedious.
I'm really surprised at the announcement (it's even at battle.net), but
yes, this does make me want to play more again, too. Might even make a new
HC character on USEast ... though I still think SP suits me more, after all
these years on the realms.

Anyway, this is great news. This is at hint at either D3 or Blizzard's
plans to port Diablo 2 to various next-generation consoles.

M.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 12:46:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Jens Marder, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

> ...no way of getting them in SP !
>
> NOT true Gabi ! You CAN do that
> with the CE Aurafix Patch.

I know, but then I can't join games on the battle.net server, because
this D2 is modded. And even if I do play only casually, I'd like to do
it when I like to.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 12:46:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

That's bad luck.

"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:D cj68r$bhl$05$2@news.t-online.com...
> On that special day, Jens Marder, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...
>
>> ...no way of getting them in SP !
>>
>> NOT true Gabi ! You CAN do that
>> with the CE Aurafix Patch.
>
> I know, but then I can't join games on the battle.net server, because
> this D2 is modded. And even if I do play only casually, I'd like to do
> it when I like to.
>
>
> Gabriele Neukam
>
> Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
>
>
> --
> Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:10:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:02:10 GMT, Ralf Baumhoefer wrote:

> That's bad luck.

No, it's poor design on Blizzard's end. :)  I do hope that 1.11 will add the
realm runewords to the SP portion of the game, too. There is really no
reason for this not being done.

M.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:30:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

When the patch information is released, somebody post it here for the
less fortunate of us who cannot play right away.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 2:58:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> Same here. I did beat 1.10 a few times, but it wasn't fun ... just
> tedious.
> I'm really surprised at the announcement (it's even at battle.net), but
> yes, this does make me want to play more again, too. Might even make a new
> HC character on USEast ... though I still think SP suits me more, after
> all
> these years on the realms.
>
> Anyway, this is great news. This is at hint at either D3 or Blizzard's
> plans to port Diablo 2 to various next-generation consoles.

Yup. Renewed interest here too. Would be great if our 1.09 characters were
playable again. I just didn't have time to go back and recreate all new
characters to take advantage of synergies...
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 7:04:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

OMG Charles is still here
YOU MUST MAKE NEW CHARS ON HCL (using jedi force)

so how are things with you and how are thing with education/work?

Clincher

"Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message
news:0fnHe.1266$ns.1115@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> Same here. I did beat 1.10 a few times, but it wasn't fun ... just
>> tedious.
>> I'm really surprised at the announcement (it's even at battle.net), but
>> yes, this does make me want to play more again, too. Might even make a
>> new
>> HC character on USEast ... though I still think SP suits me more, after
>> all
>> these years on the realms.
>>
>> Anyway, this is great news. This is at hint at either D3 or Blizzard's
>> plans to port Diablo 2 to various next-generation consoles.
>
> Yup. Renewed interest here too. Would be great if our 1.09 characters
> were playable again. I just didn't have time to go back and recreate all
> new characters to take advantage of synergies...
> --
> Charles C. Shyu
> http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html
>
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 11:24:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...

> When you say you can't join games on the battle.net server do you mean
> physically? Or do you mean there's a chance of having your CD key banned?

See the thread in alt.games.diablo, where Oliver reported how a modded
runeword went "poof". That's the real problem. You *can* play, but not
keep your precious runeword, because battle.net won't let you.

Message-ID: <dcju15$poc$05$1@news.t-online.com> in "ATMA and SP
questions"


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:58:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in
news:D cllqk$hra$03$3@news.t-online.com:

> On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...
>
>> When you say you can't join games on the battle.net server do you
>> mean physically? Or do you mean there's a chance of having your CD
>> key banned?
>
> See the thread in alt.games.diablo, where Oliver reported how a modded
> runeword went "poof". That's the real problem. You *can* play, but not
> keep your precious runeword, because battle.net won't let you.

but only for items you're currently carrying. You can haul off your
runeword items to ATMA and then connect to b-net.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:46:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...

> > See the thread in alt.games.diablo, where Oliver reported how a modded
> > runeword went "poof". That's the real problem. You *can* play, but not
> > keep your precious runeword, because battle.net won't let you.
>
> but only for items you're currently carrying. You can haul off your
> runeword items to ATMA and then connect to b-net.

I downloaded the 1.11 patch, and made a test. I had created a "spirit"
pally shield with aurafix, and backed this character up. Loaded him,
had him walk around, finished the game, loaded him again.

The spirit is accepted by the patch, and the stats are properly
displayed. That means, at least this ladder only runeword is by now
valid in Single Player.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 6:42:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hey Clincher -- FINALLY got around to d/l'ing 1.11 and I'm disappointed to
see no one on. You still playing? Things going well for me -- just busy
with extracurricular stuff, heh.
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

"Clincher" <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D cl6k4$sib$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> OMG Charles is still here
> YOU MUST MAKE NEW CHARS ON HCL (using jedi force)
>
> so how are things with you and how are thing with education/work?
>
> Clincher
!