If 1.11 is in fact real, then . . .

I would like to see two things changed/altered:

1. The over-boosted physical damage from ranged attacks. It's not
terrible, but it does, IMHO, create a real imbalance in the comparative
difficulty of defeating certain creatures.

2. Lessen or eliminate the monster randomization in Act 5. Perhaps confine
it to only the Worlstone Keep? I think the atmosphere of the Act 5 levels
is somewhat crashed by running into Cave Leapers and Undead Stygian Horrors.

Dave S.
2 answers Last reply
More about fact real

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:41:15 GMT, David Simmons wrote:

    > 2. Lessen or eliminate the monster randomization in Act 5. Perhaps confine
    > it to only the Worlstone Keep? I think the atmosphere of the Act 5 levels
    > is somewhat crashed by running into Cave Leapers and Undead Stygian Horrors.

    This is perhaps my single strongest issue with 1.10. I *liked* the themed
    areas, with appropriate monsters. I thought I'd get used to the
    randomization, but it never happened. I agree that it's acceptable for the
    WS, but I'd like to see Frozen Terrors in the caves, Enslaved in the
    Foothills, and so on.

    M.

    Michael Vondung wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:41:15 GMT, David Simmons wrote:
    >
    >> 2. Lessen or eliminate the monster randomization in Act 5. Perhaps
    >> confine it to only the Worlstone Keep? I think the atmosphere of
    >> the Act 5 levels is somewhat crashed by running into Cave Leapers
    >> and Undead Stygian Horrors.
    >
    > This is perhaps my single strongest issue with 1.10. I *liked* the
    > themed areas, with appropriate monsters. I thought I'd get used to the
    > randomization, but it never happened. I agree that it's acceptable
    > for the WS, but I'd like to see Frozen Terrors in the caves, Enslaved
    > in the Foothills, and so on.
    >
    > M.

    I don't mind the random monsters, but I'd like to see them as spawns mixed
    in with the normal monsters (maybe a 60 normal-40 random split).

    Figures, I just quit CoH after their massive Global Defense Nerf and out
    comes a new issue with potential nerfage. At least for this one I don't
    have to load the upgrade if I don't want to play online....

Games Video Games