If 1.11 is in fact real, then . . .

I would like to see two things changed/altered:

1. The over-boosted physical damage from ranged attacks. It's not
terrible, but it does, IMHO, create a real imbalance in the comparative
difficulty of defeating certain creatures.

2. Lessen or eliminate the monster randomization in Act 5. Perhaps confine
it to only the Worlstone Keep? I think the atmosphere of the Act 5 levels
is somewhat crashed by running into Cave Leapers and Undead Stygian Horrors.

Dave S.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:41:15 GMT, David Simmons wrote:

> 2. Lessen or eliminate the monster randomization in Act 5. Perhaps confine
> it to only the Worlstone Keep? I think the atmosphere of the Act 5 levels
> is somewhat crashed by running into Cave Leapers and Undead Stygian Horrors.

This is perhaps my single strongest issue with 1.10. I *liked* the themed
areas, with appropriate monsters. I thought I'd get used to the
randomization, but it never happened. I agree that it's acceptable for the
WS, but I'd like to see Frozen Terrors in the caves, Enslaved in the
Foothills, and so on.

M.

Michael Vondung wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:41:15 GMT, David Simmons wrote:
>
>> 2. Lessen or eliminate the monster randomization in Act 5. Perhaps
>> confine it to only the Worlstone Keep? I think the atmosphere of
>> the Act 5 levels is somewhat crashed by running into Cave Leapers
>> and Undead Stygian Horrors.
>
> This is perhaps my single strongest issue with 1.10. I *liked* the
> themed areas, with appropriate monsters. I thought I'd get used to the
> randomization, but it never happened. I agree that it's acceptable
> for the WS, but I'd like to see Frozen Terrors in the caves, Enslaved
> in the Foothills, and so on.
>
> M.

I don't mind the random monsters, but I'd like to see them as spawns mixed
in with the normal monsters (maybe a 60 normal-40 random split).

Figures, I just quit CoH after their massive Global Defense Nerf and out
comes a new issue with potential nerfage. At least for this one I don't
have to load the upgrade if I don't want to play online....