Radeon 9700 pro problem

kle1n

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2002
Hello
I have a P4s8x mobo and a Radeon 9700pro. I used to have a geforce2 gts. I have a 425watt good quality psu. Now to my problem: if i put my new radeon in my agp 8x for the first time my bios comes up and says that my cpu settings have been changed. after that i load up bios defaults and reboot after that my pc reboots and my monitor turns itself of and i dont have a screen anymore.
please help me! i know the card is not broken, do i pheraps need to change agp voltage setting cause both the card and the mobo support agp 8x?

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
Changing to AGP8x from the BIOS should have fixed that. Try updating the BIOS, if there´s a new one availeble.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

kle1n

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2002
mhh my monitor does not show anything right now with my radeon shall i pheraps change some voltage settings or something like that in my bios with my other gfx card and then put the radeon in?

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Camie, I hope you were kidding there. AGP slots now are 1.5V default. You can overvolt, but 1.5V is default.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

Check out my latest post in the thread on my 8500. There's a link. See the spec on the link. I report the news mate, I don't make it up.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=324" target="_new">My System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The P4S8X is a defective board. The problems it has with DDR400 for example caused SiS to pull DDR400 from their "Compatability list" for the chipset, even though another 648 board, the Gigabyte 8SG667 doesn't have this problem. And I've seen hundreds of complaints about the P4S8S crapping out with AGP8x cards.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
So maybe you should try taking the board back as defective and get a refund. I mean, it´s obviously not what you paid for.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>