Sign in with
Your question

New build boot problem

Last response: in Windows 7
July 31, 2010 9:40:11 PM

Hello,
64 bit windows 7 installed on new build, post says no drives found. Does anybody know why please. Also, windows start up keeps hanging. Motherboard is an Asus M4A89 TD pro/USB3

More about : build boot problem

a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2010 5:46:02 AM

hillbilly_48 said:
Hello,
64 bit windows 7 installed on new build, post says no drives found. Does anybody know why please. Also, windows start up keeps hanging. Motherboard is an Asus M4A89 TD pro/USB3

[#0005ff]How many drives and how long do they take to be recognised before Windows starts to load? How are they configured - is the C:\ Partition on a drive in SATA 1? Are you using a RAID array?[/#000ff]
m
l
August 1, 2010 4:21:39 PM

Hi,saga lout.One western digital oneT hdd. no raid.Yes C:\ partition is on this drive in SATA 1. Selecting performance for power option in bios seemed to help last night.Butwindows hung on first boot today.
overclock failed message now.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2010 5:35:12 PM

hillbilly_48 said:
Hi,saga lout.One western digital oneT hdd. no raid.Yes C:\ partition is on this drive in SATA 1. Selecting performance for power option in bios seemed to help last night.Butwindows hung on first boot today.
overclock failed message now.

Maybe resetting BIOS to default settings until the OS is sorted, then putting the overclocking in later would help things along.
m
l
December 4, 2010 11:54:05 PM

i have the same board and installed windows 7 with no issues on a SSHD. after restarting a few times to be sure all was well i loaded 2 WD 250GB drives and created a raid 0. when the computer starts to boot it reads both the sshd and the raided drives... but windows now does not read a drive at all. when trying to run the repair utility for win 7 there are no drives in the dial box to choose from.

i just unplugged the 2 WD Drives and still can get into the OS although it reads the sshd prior to win 7 staring.

any advise?

thanks

Hextro
m
l
!