Creation of SP characters in 1.11

Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
start a SP/MP game?
7 answers Last reply
More about creation characters

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:28:52 +0200, Gundemarie Scholz wrote:

    > Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
    > you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
    > save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
    > start a SP/MP game?

    No, this works fine for me. Just downloaded it (6:30am CEST), so perhaps
    they changed it between your download and mine. It still says 1.11, though.

    M.

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Gundemarie Scholz"
    <spamyousilly@inbox.ru>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
    said:

    >Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
    >you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
    >save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
    >start a SP/MP game?

    Confirmed.

    Now that's one heck of a bug for them to miss...

    Testing? Whazzat?

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Christian Winter" <cwinter@gmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >> The 1.11 patch only took a few minutes to download over 56K dialup.

    >Anyone notice anythinge else strange besides BNet being inaccessable
    >and the Char creation being blurred out? How are the new hirlings? I
    >would like to stop chasing my guy around to catch up with my level.

    From a quick glance, the vendor screens seem the same, so still no elite items
    on sale in act 1 hell, for example. I haven't done much more than have a
    quick wander around act 1 hell, since I've been busy reading the forums, hehe.

    Okay, I took a level 77 single player amazon back to act 1 normal, and all the
    mercenaries that Kashya had listed for sale had a minimum level 72 (which,
    thankfully, is what I speculated the change might be in another group), so no
    more level cap based on act/difficulty.

    I'm uncertain if the amount of experience that mercenaries need to level up
    has changed. Someone with 1.10 still installed would need to check.

    Level 77 Holy Freeze mercenary from act 2 nightmare - listed as needing
    57,676,320 experiencem, in 1.11. Is that less than 1.10?

    Nope, no such problem.

    On that special day, Gundemarie Scholz, (spamyousilly@inbox.ru) said...

    > Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
    > you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
    > save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
    > start a SP/MP game?

    Huh? I patched, created a sorc named "test", and off she went.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:28:52 +0200, Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
    >
    >> Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
    >> you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
    >> save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
    >> start a SP/MP game?
    >
    >No, this works fine for me. Just downloaded it (6:30am CEST), so perhaps
    >they changed it between your download and mine. It still says 1.11, though.

    My version is working as well now, too. Spooky. I've been on battle.net a
    few times today, but don't recall seeing a second patch download, so it looks
    like the thing just fixed itself automagically...

    .... or maybe Gunde and I should stop stealing from Bing's stash.

    Michael Vondung wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:28:52 +0200, Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
    >
    > > Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is
    > > greyed out, so you cannot create any new characters unless you
    > > remove all files from the save directory which dumps you directly
    > > into the creation screen when you start a SP/MP game?
    >
    > No, this works fine for me. Just downloaded it (6:30am CEST), so
    > perhaps they changed it between your download and mine. It still says
    > 1.11, though.

    As soon as Hannes and I were able to access our characters in closed bnet
    the button in SP became normal again.

Games Video Games