Creation of SP characters in 1.11

Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
start a SP/MP game?

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:28:52 +0200, Gundemarie Scholz wrote:

> Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
> you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
> save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
> start a SP/MP game?

No, this works fine for me. Just downloaded it (6:30am CEST), so perhaps
they changed it between your download and mine. It still says 1.11, though.

M.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Gundemarie Scholz"
<spamyousilly@inbox.ru>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
said:

>Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
>you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
>save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
>start a SP/MP game?

Confirmed.

Now that's one heck of a bug for them to miss...

Testing? Whazzat?

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Christian Winter" <cwinter@gmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> The 1.11 patch only took a few minutes to download over 56K dialup.

>Anyone notice anythinge else strange besides BNet being inaccessable
>and the Char creation being blurred out? How are the new hirlings? I
>would like to stop chasing my guy around to catch up with my level.

From a quick glance, the vendor screens seem the same, so still no elite items
on sale in act 1 hell, for example. I haven't done much more than have a
quick wander around act 1 hell, since I've been busy reading the forums, hehe.

Okay, I took a level 77 single player amazon back to act 1 normal, and all the
mercenaries that Kashya had listed for sale had a minimum level 72 (which,
thankfully, is what I speculated the change might be in another group), so no
more level cap based on act/difficulty.

I'm uncertain if the amount of experience that mercenaries need to level up
has changed. Someone with 1.10 still installed would need to check.

Level 77 Holy Freeze mercenary from act 2 nightmare - listed as needing
57,676,320 experiencem, in 1.11. Is that less than 1.10?

Nope, no such problem.

On that special day, Gundemarie Scholz, (spamyousilly@inbox.ru) said...

> Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
> you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
> save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
> start a SP/MP game?

Huh? I patched, created a sorc named "test", and off she went.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:28:52 +0200, Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
>
>> Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is greyed out, so
>> you cannot create any new characters unless you remove all files from the
>> save directory which dumps you directly into the creation screen when you
>> start a SP/MP game?
>
>No, this works fine for me. Just downloaded it (6:30am CEST), so perhaps
>they changed it between your download and mine. It still says 1.11, though.

My version is working as well now, too. Spooky. I've been on battle.net a
few times today, but don't recall seeing a second patch download, so it looks
like the thing just fixed itself automagically...

.... or maybe Gunde and I should stop stealing from Bing's stash.

Michael Vondung wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:28:52 +0200, Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
>
> > Can anybody confirm the "Create character" button in SP/MP is
> > greyed out, so you cannot create any new characters unless you
> > remove all files from the save directory which dumps you directly
> > into the creation screen when you start a SP/MP game?
>
> No, this works fine for me. Just downloaded it (6:30am CEST), so
> perhaps they changed it between your download and mine. It still says
> 1.11, though.

As soon as Hannes and I were able to access our characters in closed bnet
the button in SP became normal again.