Keys Alive!

Check the AB thread here...

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847

With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber Izzy.

I had previously killed Uber Duriel with an AB group.

Uber Andy = Diablo's Horn
Uber Izzy = Mephisto's Brain
Uber Duriel = Baal's Eye

I hear that once you take them all to Tristram and transmute them, you
have to fight Uber Meph, Diablo, and Baal (wow, if this is true!).

- Samiel
19 answers Last reply
More about keys alive

    I guess this makes Hammerdins even more powerful. I presume that the
    "ignores undead resistances" still applies.

    And maybe I should really start on that Conviction Pally I keep saying
    I'm making.

    "Samiel" wrote...
    > Check the AB thread here...
    >
    > http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847
    >
    > With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber Izzy.
    >
    > I had previously killed Uber Duriel with an AB group.
    >
    > Uber Andy = Diablo's Horn
    > Uber Izzy = Mephisto's Brain
    > Uber Duriel = Baal's Eye
    >
    > I hear that once you take them all to Tristram and transmute them, you
    > have to fight Uber Meph, Diablo, and Baal (wow, if this is true!).

    So it's real. It is not a hoax. Wow...

    Thanks, Samiel.

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:32:33 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

    >Check the AB thread here...
    >
    >http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847
    >
    >With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber Izzy.

    BTW, I want to thank all those that came and helped!

    Also, remember those quintuple immunes?

    Immune to Magic
    Immune to Fire
    Immune to Cold
    Immune to Lightning
    Immune to Poison

    Did someone try Conviction? I don't recall. Did it help?

    I know my KickSin worked in this case... though she really needs more
    life... Izzy hit me hard!!!

    - Samiel

    chaliban wrote:
    > I guess this makes Hammerdins even more powerful. I presume that the
    > "ignores undead resistances" still applies.

    The bosses aren't undead. They are demons.

    It would be awesome if they had a high chance to drop an uber,
    class-specific item, like a Windforce perhaps? ;-P

    Dave S.

    Samiel wrote:
    > Check the AB thread here...
    >
    > http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847
    >
    > With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber Izzy.
    >
    > I had previously killed Uber Duriel with an AB group.
    >
    > Uber Andy = Diablo's Horn
    > Uber Izzy = Mephisto's Brain
    > Uber Duriel = Baal's Eye
    >
    > I hear that once you take them all to Tristram and transmute them, you
    > have to fight Uber Meph, Diablo, and Baal (wow, if this is true!).

    Here's the complete info in German, no time for translation from my side
    though as I have to go to work soon.
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.php
    Included are the stats of all new superunique monsters.

    "Gundemarie Scholz" wrote...
    > Samiel wrote:
    >> Check the AB thread here...
    >>
    >> http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847
    >>
    >> With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber Izzy.
    >>
    >> I had previously killed Uber Duriel with an AB group.
    >>
    >> Uber Andy = Diablo's Horn
    >> Uber Izzy = Mephisto's Brain
    >> Uber Duriel = Baal's Eye
    >>
    >> I hear that once you take them all to Tristram and transmute them, you
    >> have to fight Uber Meph, Diablo, and Baal (wow, if this is true!).
    >
    > Here's the complete info in German, no time for translation from my side
    > though as I have to go to work soon.
    > http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.php
    > Included are the stats of all new superunique monsters.

    Babel Fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) was most useful. Thank you,
    Gundemarie!

    I suppose that it is useless to consider that such denizens could be taken
    down solo.

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >> BTW, I want to thank all those that came and helped!

    >No problem, it was fun. Since then I faced Izzy again and Uber Duriel.
    >Duriel was easy, mind you we had eight players, all with their clone-killers
    >there.

    Hehehe. Heck, at this point I don't even know which character is my
    designated clone killer, since I haven't seen him spawn for a year. So I
    just happened to be driving whatever character I had loaded up at the time,
    which happened to be a sorceress (the one short, Jabber and I collected our
    keys with - Jabs and short alternated between various chars for our nih
    runs,and I collected the other two keys easily enough, after many many runs,
    from countess and summoner). And there were lots of monsters down there that
    were immune to everything she could dish out.

    Honestly, I'm kind of overwhelmed with the whole concept of having to farm
    certain bosses over and over to get the keys. From the 1.10 patch notes:

    - Encouraged players to play in more of the Diablo II
    areas/locations/levels.

    I'm not convinced it's really a step in that direction, in 1.11. Instead of
    just baal and mephisto runs over and over, it's now countess, summoner and nih
    over and over as well. Never mind. Once the novelty wears off, I guess I
    can just carry on questing characters instead, and forget about uber charms.

    Brian Kastel wrote:
    > "Gundemarie Scholz" wrote...
    >> Samiel wrote:
    >>> Check the AB thread here...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847
    >>>
    >>> With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber
    >>> Izzy. I had previously killed Uber Duriel with an AB group.
    >>>
    >>> Uber Andy = Diablo's Horn
    >>> Uber Izzy = Mephisto's Brain
    >>> Uber Duriel = Baal's Eye
    >>>
    >>> I hear that once you take them all to Tristram and transmute them,
    >>> you have to fight Uber Meph, Diablo, and Baal (wow, if this is
    >>> true!).
    >>
    >> Here's the complete info in German, no time for translation from my
    >> side though as I have to go to work soon.
    >> http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.php
    >> Included are the stats of all new superunique monsters.
    >
    > Babel Fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) was most useful. Thank
    > you, Gundemarie!

    Yes, thanks Gunde. However, I'm unable to completely understand this by
    bablefish:

    "Tap: If one wuerfelt three keys, a coincidental portal appears. If one
    provides however all three portals in a play, then the three chambers of the
    guards appear successively in coincidental order. Thus one comes with the
    minimum of keys to its three parts of the body."

    Are they talking nine keys here, three of each, giving you each guardian of
    a body part so you don't have to re-run areas?
    --
    ~misfit~ <confused>

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:47:54 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:

    >Brian Kastel wrote:

    >>> Here's the complete info in German, no time for translation from my
    >>> side though as I have to go to work soon.
    >>> http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.php
    >>> Included are the stats of all new superunique monsters.
    >>
    >> Babel Fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) was most useful. Thank
    >> you, Gundemarie!
    >
    >Yes, thanks Gunde. However, I'm unable to completely understand this by
    >bablefish:
    >
    > "Tap: If one wuerfelt three keys, a coincidental portal appears. If one
    >provides however all three portals in a play, then the three chambers of the
    >guards appear successively in coincidental order. Thus one comes with the
    >minimum of keys to its three parts of the body."
    >
    >Are they talking nine keys here, three of each, giving you each guardian of
    >a body part so you don't have to re-run areas?

    If you transmute 3 keys you get a random portal, but if you open 3
    portals in one game you will always get 3 different portals, meaning,
    if you bring 3*3 keys you always get the three different body parts
    instead of stacking up on one. Nice to know.

    Cecilie

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 04:03:25 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:32:33 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Check the AB thread here...
    >>
    >>http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58847
    >>
    >>With the help of KaytieKat and some other AGDers, we killed Uber Izzy.
    >>
    >BTW, I want to thank all those that came and helped!
    >
    >Also, remember those quintuple immunes?
    >
    >Immune to Magic
    >Immune to Fire
    >Immune to Cold
    >Immune to Lightning
    >Immune to Poison
    >
    >Did someone try Conviction? I don't recall. Did it help?
    >
    >I know my KickSin worked in this case... though she really needs more
    >life... Izzy hit me hard!!!
    >
    >- Samiel

    Yup. I was the pally with level 27 Conviction and that didn't seem to
    help at all. Perhaps if we had a necro with high level Lower Resist
    along with Conviction then it might have broken through their
    immunities.

    That was a fun fight. We got hammered the first time going down but
    once we realized what we were up against, then it was no big deal.
    Uber Duriel seemed so much easier than Uber Izzy, but perhaps it was
    because Duriel was right up against the portal so we didn't have to
    walk through Phys Immune swarms just to get to Duriel.

    Now, I just need to fight Uber Meph. Seems the Hammerdin is still one
    of the best ways to go as far as fighting these Uber Bosses... a high
    level CB on a melee char wouldn't hurt either but if it's the Izzy
    portal, then beware the Oblivion Knights.

    Alan - giving this "Boss Key Runs" another week or so then going back
    to his MFing mode.
    --

    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-7 Ladder SC

    Alan,

    when you fight UberMeph would you be able to let us all know if your
    conviction is higher than his. Obviously by seeing if you are affected
    by his Conviction or if he is affected by yours.

    Or if everyone has been "convicted", which would mean that the Meph
    conviction is not the same as the Pally conviction.

    Thanks in advance.

    In article <1123058848.842659.246400@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    chaliban <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >Alan,
    >
    >when you fight UberMeph would you be able to let us all know if your
    >conviction is higher than his. Obviously by seeing if you are affected
    >by his Conviction or if he is affected by yours.
    >
    >Or if everyone has been "convicted", which would mean that the Meph
    >conviction is not the same as the Pally conviction.

    I don't really get this: are you saying a monster's Conviction aura is
    overruled _if_ there's a Pally around with a higher Conviction aura
    operational?

    If this is the case, this is total news to me: I also don't see a Might
    aura of monsters being overriden by the Might aura of a Might merc: both
    are active at the same time, but the Boss' Might aura affects monsters,
    while my Merc's Might aura only affect myself and my minions (talking
    about a Skelliemancer here).

    I'd expect the same for Conviction: Ueber-Mephi's Conviction aura affects
    the players present, while the Paladin's Conviction aura affects the
    monsters present.

    No overriding at all...?

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    On 3 Aug 2005 01:47:28 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Alan,
    >
    >when you fight UberMeph would you be able to let us all know if your
    >conviction is higher than his. Obviously by seeing if you are affected
    >by his Conviction or if he is affected by yours.

    Even if his Conviction is only level 1, it will still affect me same
    as my level 27 will affect him. The difference in levels is the amount
    of resistance reduced by the level of Conviction. I suppose I could
    check what my resistances are before I meet him and what they are
    after then we could deduce from there what level Meph has.

    >Or if everyone has been "convicted", which would mean that the Meph
    >conviction is not the same as the Pally conviction.

    Ummm I don't think I understand what you mean here. If Uber Meph only
    had a level 1 Conviction, everyone fighting him will still show "green
    feet", much the same way if Meph had a level 27 Conviction.

    Alan
    --

    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-7 Ladder SC

    To Patrick and Alan,
    Alan Ladd wrote:
    > On 3 Aug 2005 01:47:28 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > Even if his Conviction is only level 1, it will still affect me same
    > as my level 27 will affect him. The difference in levels is the amount
    > of resistance reduced by the level of Conviction. I suppose I could
    > check what my resistances are before I meet him and what they are
    > after then we could deduce from there what level Meph has.

    Actually, a higher level conviction will cancel out a lower level one.
    Here is a link to a discussion on it at the AB. It is especially useful
    in duelling apparently. So, a conviction pally is useful coming up
    against those conviction bosses because the pally aura (assuming it's
    higher) will cancel out the boss aura. Apparently this only works for
    Conviction.

    http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=49382&hl=

    > >Or if everyone has been "convicted", which would mean that the Meph
    > >conviction is not the same as the Pally conviction.
    >
    > Ummm I don't think I understand what you mean here. If Uber Meph only
    > had a level 1 Conviction, everyone fighting him will still show "green
    > feet", much the same way if Meph had a level 27 Conviction.

    See above.

    If his aura is higher, then your party will have green feet and he
    won't.

    If your aura is higher, then he will have green feet and your party
    won't.

    I am unsure about equal levels.

    If his aura isn't conviction but is something similar then everyone
    will have green feet.

    Some have said that their resists were lowered by 180% by Meph. If this
    is the case, then either his Conviction is level 28 and has no cap, or
    it isn't really Conviction.

    Hope that clears it up.

    chaliban

    On 3 Aug 2005 15:47:37 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >To Patrick and Alan,
    >Alan Ladd wrote:
    >> On 3 Aug 2005 01:47:28 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Even if his Conviction is only level 1, it will still affect me same
    >> as my level 27 will affect him. The difference in levels is the amount
    >> of resistance reduced by the level of Conviction. I suppose I could
    >> check what my resistances are before I meet him and what they are
    >> after then we could deduce from there what level Meph has.
    >
    >Actually, a higher level conviction will cancel out a lower level one.
    >Here is a link to a discussion on it at the AB. It is especially useful
    >in duelling apparently. So, a conviction pally is useful coming up
    >against those conviction bosses because the pally aura (assuming it's
    >higher) will cancel out the boss aura. Apparently this only works for
    >Conviction.
    >
    >http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=49382&hl=

    Wow this is the first I've heard of this. Now that I think about it, I
    don't believe I've encountered a Conviction boss with my Conviction
    Pally. Hmmmm must do more testing on this.

    >> >Or if everyone has been "convicted", which would mean that the Meph
    >> >conviction is not the same as the Pally conviction.
    >>
    >> Ummm I don't think I understand what you mean here. If Uber Meph only
    >> had a level 1 Conviction, everyone fighting him will still show "green
    >> feet", much the same way if Meph had a level 27 Conviction.
    >
    >See above.
    >
    >If his aura is higher, then your party will have green feet and he
    >won't.
    >
    >If your aura is higher, then he will have green feet and your party
    >won't.
    >
    >I am unsure about equal levels.
    >
    >If his aura isn't conviction but is something similar then everyone
    >will have green feet.
    >
    >Some have said that their resists were lowered by 180% by Meph. If this
    >is the case, then either his Conviction is level 28 and has no cap, or
    >it isn't really Conviction.
    >
    >Hope that clears it up.

    It certainly does. I've never heard of higher level Conviction
    cancelling the lower one. I need to do a few more runs and
    definitively test this out. Now where can I go that has the best
    chance of encountering a boss with Conviction aura?

    Alan
    --

    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-7 Ladder SC

    In article <lpf3f1l8qas64b15ho4dmahqe9at61p89t@4ax.com>,
    Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
    >On 3 Aug 2005 15:47:37 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>To Patrick and Alan,

    [snip]

    >>Actually, a higher level conviction will cancel out a lower level one.
    >>Here is a link to a discussion on it at the AB. It is especially useful
    >>in duelling apparently. So, a conviction pally is useful coming up
    >>against those conviction bosses because the pally aura (assuming it's
    >>higher) will cancel out the boss aura. Apparently this only works for
    >>Conviction.
    >>
    >>http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=49382&hl=
    >
    >Wow this is the first I've heard of this. Now that I think about it, I
    >don't believe I've encountered a Conviction boss with my Conviction
    >Pally. Hmmmm must do more testing on this.

    This is indeed news for me too... I've never played a Conviction Paladin,
    so I'd also not have seen it.

    What's the concensus about this: a bug, or a feature of Conviction? It'd
    be very bad if you confidently enter Uber-Tristram with your Conviction
    Paladin in patch 1.11a, and suddenly the green swirl appear beneaths
    everynody's feet, and you're killed within seconds. ;-\

    >>If his aura is higher, then your party will have green feet and he
    >>won't.
    >>
    >>If your aura is higher, then he will have green feet and your party
    >>won't.
    >>
    >>I am unsure about equal levels.
    >>
    >>If his aura isn't conviction but is something similar then everyone
    >>will have green feet.
    >>
    >>Some have said that their resists were lowered by 180% by Meph. If this
    >>is the case, then either his Conviction is level 28 and has no cap, or
    >>it isn't really Conviction.

    So, is the verdict out yet? Is Uber-Mephisto's Conviction aura negated by
    a high enough Paladin-player aura?

    I see special Uber-Brothers builds popping up, and they usually sacrifice
    some killing speed for more resists. When I asked whether my Fanatic
    Zealot, outfitted with some rather nice gear (Fortitude, Stormlash
    (PSkulled), Andy's Face (Umed), Highlord's Wrath, HoZ, Goreriders, Raven
    Frost, Verdungo's, Wisp Projector and Draculs Grasp) could cut it in
    Uber-Tristram, the advice was: Replace Fortitude with Chains of Honor
    (still has 200% ED to Demons, and +65 all res), and replace Andy's Face
    with a (near-)perfect Um-ed Kira's Guardian (perfect one has +70 all-res).

    All apparantly meant to boost resists as high as possible, so you can keep
    some resists after being hit with Uber-Mephisto's Conviction aura...

    >It certainly does. I've never heard of higher level Conviction
    >cancelling the lower one. I need to do a few more runs and
    >definitively test this out. Now where can I go that has the best
    >chance of encountering a boss with Conviction aura?

    I run into them all over Hell. Safest area where you might have soom
    margin left to experiment a bit is perhaps one of the Act I areas... Just
    run/teleport around (without Conviction active of course), and check to
    see if you get green feet.

    I believe Hephasto (the dude guarding the Hellforge) always has a
    Conviction aura, same goes for the first Council member you encounter in
    Durance 3, but these are not areas where I'd feel 'safe' experimenting
    around. So I'd try to find a random boss with Conviction in Act I Hell...
    (And I believe Conviction can also already spawn on a boss in NM...)

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:16:06 +0200, Patrick Vervoorn
    <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

    >In article <lpf3f1l8qas64b15ho4dmahqe9at61p89t@4ax.com>,
    >Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>It certainly does. I've never heard of higher level Conviction
    >>cancelling the lower one. I need to do a few more runs and
    >>definitively test this out. Now where can I go that has the best
    >>chance of encountering a boss with Conviction aura?
    >
    >I run into them all over Hell. Safest area where you might have soom
    >margin left to experiment a bit is perhaps one of the Act I areas... Just
    >run/teleport around (without Conviction active of course), and check to
    >see if you get green feet.
    >
    >I believe Hephasto (the dude guarding the Hellforge) always has a
    >Conviction aura, same goes for the first Council member you encounter in
    >Durance 3, but these are not areas where I'd feel 'safe' experimenting
    >around. So I'd try to find a random boss with Conviction in Act I Hell...
    >(And I believe Conviction can also already spawn on a boss in NM...)

    Oh yup... I completely forgot about Hephasto. He will be the easiest
    to get to with a high chance of encountering Conviction. Durance 3
    will take too much time to get to. Must get online and check this out.
    Thanks for the memory jog :-)

    Alan
    --

    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-7 Ladder SC

    In article <42f21749$1@news.orcon.net.nz>,
    ~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:
    >Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
    >> I see special Uber-Brothers builds popping up, and they usually
    >> sacrifice some killing speed for more resists. When I asked whether
    >> my Fanatic Zealot, outfitted with some rather nice gear (Fortitude,
    >> Stormlash (PSkulled), Andy's Face (Umed), Highlord's Wrath, HoZ,
    >> Goreriders, Raven Frost, Verdungo's, Wisp Projector and Draculs
    >> Grasp) could cut it in Uber-Tristram,
    >
    >This is very similar to the build I used today in Uber Tristram. Only
    >difference is Duress, Shako and Carrionwind (instead of Wisp). My Zealot is
    >a Holy Freeze which, luckilly, has Salvation as a synergy. (I had level 17,
    >18 with a shout from a barb) I teamed with a Fanatic with me using Salvation
    >and, with the help of some others, we beat them.

    Well, Wisp Projecter is on this Zealot more for show than for a really
    good reason: it provides some nice fireworks when the lightnings go off. I
    also have a Carrion Wind or two, so I could use that. But perhaps I'd be
    better off with (very good) rare, dual-leech, res-all rings.

    I don't have any point in Salvation (yet)...

    >> the advice was: Replace
    >> Fortitude with Chains of Honor (still has 200% ED to Demons, and +65
    >> all res), and replace Andy's Face with a (near-)perfect Um-ed Kira's
    >> Guardian (perfect one has +70 all-res).
    >
    >Good advice if you're not going to use Salvation.

    I don't have it (yet anyway), so I'd have to get the counter-resists from
    somewhere. And I'm not sure this Zealot will remain a good killer if I
    replace Fanaticism with Salvation, and start Zealing the Uber-Bros...

    This zealot does have around 25 spare unallocated skillpoints left, so I
    could max another skill. So Salvation is an option, to up his res, or
    perhaps start Zealing with Conviction active _if_ my Conviction cancels
    out Uber-Meph's Conviction that is...

    Or Holy Shield... I couldn't decide, and managed to finish the game solo
    with what I had, so I left it at that... :)

    If anyone has any tips, I'm open to them...

    >Have fun. The Stormlash takes the quintuple-immunes down pretty quickly.
    >Seems that maybe the lightning immunity doesn't carry over to Static field?

    Don't forget about the 33% CB on Stormlash...!

    Regards,

    Patrick.

World Of Warcraft Games Diablo Video Games