Modified d2gfx.dll for 1.11 available

I downloaded the file here, and it works:
http://www.consorcia.de/diablo2/D2gfx.dll

Additionally I have uploaded it to here:
http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/D2gfx.zip

For anybody wondering what you need this file for:

How do I install D2 more than once on my PC?
- Install D2 and LoD with key set #1
- Copy the folder contents to a new folder
- Uninstall D2 and LoD in the original folder
- Install D2 and LoD with key set #2
- Exchange d2gfx.dll in both directories with the modified version
- Start both installations via game.exe and enjoy

mark

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message

Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a broken CD
drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a legit copy, just no
drive to run it).

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Mark wrote:
> Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a
> broken CD drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a legit
> copy, just no drive to run it).

You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an image from
that.

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> skrev i en meddelelse
>I downloaded the file here, and it works:
> http://www.consorcia.de/diablo2/D2gfx.dll
>
> Additionally I have uploaded it to here:
> http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/D2gfx.zip
>
> For anybody wondering what you need this file for:
>
> How do I install D2 more than once on my PC?
> - Install D2 and LoD with key set #1
> - Copy the folder contents to a new folder
> - Uninstall D2 and LoD in the original folder
> - Install D2 and LoD with key set #2
> - Exchange d2gfx.dll in both directories with the modified version
> - Start both installations via game.exe and enjoy

Thank you, you certainly made my day! :)

It didn't take long time for a new modified file.

Regards

Thomas

> Mark wrote:
>> Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a
>> broken CD drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a legit
>> copy, just no drive to run it).
>
> You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an image from
> that.

I tried that when this problem first arose using CloneCD and Daemon Tools.
But my computer skills are rudimentary, and after spending 4 frustrating
hours trying to do it I gave up and resorted to the hack. <hangs head> Mea
culpa, mea culpa. If you'd be so kind as to give me an idiots level walk
through I could try it again. Or I guess I'll have to wait till the updated
hack is out.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> > You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an image from
> > that.
>
> I tried that when this problem first arose using CloneCD and Daemon Tools.
> But my computer skills are rudimentary, and after spending 4 frustrating
> hours trying to do it I gave up and resorted to the hack. <hangs head> Mea
> culpa, mea culpa. If you'd be so kind as to give me an idiots level walk
> through I could try it again. Or I guess I'll have to wait till the updated
> hack is out.
>
> Regards-
> Mark

You would still need a CD drive to be able to rip an image from your
original CD set. You just need to pop your Play Disc into the drive,
run Nero, copy image [play.nrg] onto hard-disc, then using daemon
tools, mount said image. Voila you are set to go, this also works for
mounting images of all three discs, or four.

Grim
After i burnt my fingers with scratched discs [install disc] i have got
images of all 4 discs plus a new disc set. meh.

Of course if you have a dead cd-drive...maybe you can borrow one, which
plugs into your USB port? just for a couple hours so you can make
images and mount them?

Mark wrote:
> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> > Mark wrote:
> > > Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a
> > > broken CD drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a
> > > legit copy, just no drive to run it).
> >
> > You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an
> > image from that.
>
> If you'd be so kind as to give me
> an idiots level walk through I could try it again.

Sorry, I have no idea how to do it. But you might find older instructions
via Google, I think some other people in here had explained it before.

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> > Mark wrote:
> >> Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a
> >> broken CD drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a legit
> >> copy, just no drive to run it).
> >
> > You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an image
from
> > that.
>
> I tried that when this problem first arose using CloneCD and Daemon Tools.
> But my computer skills are rudimentary, and after spending 4 frustrating
> hours trying to do it I gave up and resorted to the hack. <hangs head> Mea
> culpa, mea culpa. If you'd be so kind as to give me an idiots level walk
> through I could try it again. Or I guess I'll have to wait till the
updated
> hack is out.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

I use Alcohol 120%, i also tried with Daemon Tools, couldn't get it to
work.

Regards

Thomas

"Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message

> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> >
> > "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> > >
> > > You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an image
> from
> > > that.
> >
> > I tried that when this problem first arose using CloneCD and Daemon
Tools.
> > But my computer skills are rudimentary, and after spending 4 frustrating
> > hours trying to do it I gave up and resorted to the hack. <hangs head>
Mea
> > culpa, mea culpa. If you'd be so kind as to give me an idiots level walk
> > through I could try it again. Or I guess I'll have to wait till the
> updated
> > hack is out.
> >
> > Regards-
> > Mark
> >
> > Bongo-Fury
> >

> I use Alcohol 120%, i also tried with Daemon Tools, couldn't get it to
> work.

Alcohol 120% is not available from their site anymore as they got slapped
with a lawsuit regarding people using it to bypass copy-protected software
or summit.

If you want A120% then you'd have to download it from a peer2peer network.

If you are paranoid about p2p though then you could always let me know and
I'd email you a link to it on one of my websites :¬)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Mark schrieb:

> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
>
> Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a broken CD
> drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a legit copy, just no
> drive to run it).
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

You know, a new DVD drive only costs about $20. Can't imagine how much
a CD Drive is, especially if you can get it used from a computer resale
shop. You gotta buy a drive one of these days anyway and $20 is no
major expense for most people.

In article <3vTHe.7145$GN5.247@trndny08>, Mark <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote:

>"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
>> Mark wrote:
>>> Any word on a no CD patch for 1.11 yet. My second computer has a
>>> broken CD drive and I was using the no CD to run LoD (I have a legit
>>> copy, just no drive to run it).
>>
>> You could lend an original from somebody else and then make an image from
>> that.
>
>I tried that when this problem first arose using CloneCD and Daemon Tools.
>But my computer skills are rudimentary, and after spending 4 frustrating
>hours trying to do it I gave up and resorted to the hack. <hangs head> Mea
>culpa, mea culpa. If you'd be so kind as to give me an idiots level walk
>through I could try it again. Or I guess I'll have to wait till the updated
>hack is out.

I'm having the same problem, but I just made an image using Nero, using
the Image Drive option in Nero. Mounted the resulting image using Daemon
Tools, and no problems at all.

You could try to get Nero (you can download an evaluation copy from their
website probably), and see if that works.

Regards,

Patrick.

mark

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message

> Alcohol 120% is not available from their site anymore as they got slapped
> with a lawsuit regarding people using it to bypass copy-protected software
> or summit.
>
> If you want A120% then you'd have to download it from a peer2peer network.
>
> If you are paranoid about p2p though then you could always let me know and
> I'd email you a link to it on one of my websites :¬)

I've had no luck trying CloneCD or Nero. So could you please send me the
link where I can get Alcohol? Thanks.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Koile wrote:
> A new D2lang.dll for those who prefer to read
> the english item names is also availabel at
>
> http://www.planet-narg.de/etc/indiablo/dll/D2Lang.rar

I think it only works with the German version of the game. If anybody with a
non-English game version could give some feedback after trying I would
forward the feedback to him (user KingNarg in the forum at
diablo2.ingame.de). And if it doesn't work please provide me with your
original d2lang.dll, I will forward that too.

On 3-8-2005 13:10, Trammel wrote:

> Alcohol 120% is not available from their site anymore as they got slapped
> with a lawsuit regarding people using it to bypass copy-protected software
> or summit.
>
> If you want A120% then you'd have to download it from a peer2peer network.
>
> If you are paranoid about p2p though then you could always let me know and
> I'd email you a link to it on one of my websites :¬)

You can still download Alcohol 120% through the Alcohol-soft website -
you get linked to download.com. And Alcohol 52% is also still available
and that is actually all you need to create and mount images.

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/
--
Bow before me, for I am root.

"Chris de Bruin" <news@cdb.demon.nl-nospam> wrote in message
> On 3-8-2005 13:10, Trammel wrote:
> >

> > Alcohol 120% is not available from their site anymore as they got
slapped
> > with a lawsuit regarding people using it to bypass copy-protected
software
> > or summit.
> >
> > If you want A120% then you'd have to download it from a peer2peer
network.

> > If you are paranoid about p2p though then you could always let me know
and
> > I'd email you a link to it on one of my websites :¬)
> >
> You can still download Alcohol 120% through the Alcohol-soft website -
> you get linked to download.com. And Alcohol 52% is also still available
> and that is actually all you need to create and mount images.
>
> http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

Wow.... so you can!
Last time I was there was just a message saying they didnt support or offer
it anymore because of legal action, etc :¬/

Go visit the link above & save my bandwidth :¬P

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 22:32:29 +0200, "Gundemarie Scholz"
<spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote:

>I downloaded the file here, and it works:
>http://www.consorcia.de/diablo2/D2gfx.dll
>
>Additionally I have uploaded it to here:
>http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/D2gfx.zip
>
>For anybody wondering what you need this file for:
>
>How do I install D2 more than once on my PC?
>- Install D2 and LoD with key set #1
>- Copy the folder contents to a new folder
>- Uninstall D2 and LoD in the original folder
>- Install D2 and LoD with key set #2
>- Exchange d2gfx.dll in both directories with the modified version
>- Start both installations via game.exe and enjoy

Just wanted to chime in my thanks for this. I was getting really upset
about this new patch and losing the ability to play two instances of
D2 was the last straw. Thanks again for this DLL, now I'm back to my
regular MFing ways :)

Alan
--

USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-7 Ladder SC