CEmod - fresh start

Yep, started a Hardcore character, but, guess what, my bulging shared
stash is SC. That's right, HC shall not talk to SC here, dang. I knew I
was in trouble as soon as it jumped right in to the loading screen, when I
start a SC game it takes a minute and a half, in HC it takes 3 seconds.
lol Ah well, this time I can start organizing stuff 'from the get go'.
--
Not 1337.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

ArtDent wrote:
> Yep, started a Hardcore character, but, guess what, my bulging shared
> stash is SC. That's right, HC shall not talk to SC here, dang. I knew I
> was in trouble as soon as it jumped right in to the loading screen, when I
> start a SC game it takes a minute and a half, in HC it takes 3 seconds.
> lol Ah well, this time I can start organizing stuff 'from the get go'.
> --
> Not 1337.

Dump your items to *.d2i files. Then load them back in. This allows you
to share between HC/SC without problems. (unless CE won't work with
Atma).

On 2-Aug-2005, "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dump your items to *.d2i files. Then load them back in. This allows you
> to share between HC/SC without problems. (unless CE won't work with
> Atma).

AFAIK, no, it does not, but it is ok. I was getting almost bored with my
totally twinked SC guy. _Too_ easy. But now there is actually some
tension while playing again. Keeps me more interested. Besides, now I
can start collecting all over again, heck, I have gotten a couple low
level uniques already that I never even saw in SC since I was so strong
(high level) before I switched from 7.51 to 7.55
--
Not 1337.

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:09:28 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 2-Aug-2005, "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dump your items to *.d2i files. Then load them back in. This allows you
>> to share between HC/SC without problems. (unless CE won't work with
>> Atma).
>
>AFAIK, no, it does not, but it is ok. I was getting almost bored with my
>totally twinked SC guy. _Too_ easy. But now there is actually some
>tension while playing again. Keeps me more interested. Besides, now I
>can start collecting all over again, heck, I have gotten a couple low
>level uniques already that I never even saw in SC since I was so strong
>(high level) before I switched from 7.51 to 7.55

i'm confused. Does the Chaos Empire mod work with the new 1.11 patch?

what do i have to do? un-install Chaos Empire, apply the patch, then
re-install Chaos Empire?

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:44:33 -0400, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com>
wrote:

>> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:09:28 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
>> wrote:

>> >AFAIK, no, it does not, but it is ok. I was getting almost bored with my
>> >totally twinked SC guy. _Too_ easy. But now there is actually some
>> >tension while playing again. Keeps me more interested. Besides, now I
>> >can start collecting all over again, heck, I have gotten a couple low
>> >level uniques already that I never even saw in SC since I was so strong
>> >(high level) before I switched from 7.51 to 7.55
>>

>> i'm confused. Does the Chaos Empire mod work with the new 1.11 patch?
>>
>> what do i have to do? un-install Chaos Empire, apply the patch, then
>> re-install Chaos Empire?

Neg.

We're working (mostly CE himself) to adapt/adopt the 1.11 stuff to CE,
but atm you can make 2 installations of D2LOD on your system, with one
being 1.11BNet and the other being 1.10CE.

Alternate: go to the Wiki, look under how-to's and you'll see simple
instructions for switching a single installation from
1.11BNet <=> 1.10CE.

CE said he'd make this a batch file, but he's a tad busy getting ready
to migrate CE to 1.11.

(CE has some rune word name space collisions with 1.11)

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

On 3-Aug-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> i'm confused. Does the Chaos Empire mod work with the new 1.11 patch?

As Brian said, no. I am playing the CEmod at home on a machine that I did
not update to 1.11
--
Not 1337.

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:36:29 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 3-Aug-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
>
>> i'm confused. Does the Chaos Empire mod work with the new 1.11 patch?
>
>As Brian said, no. I am playing the CEmod at home on a machine that I did
>not update to 1.11

thank you, groovy. i cant connect to Battle net anyway to play
multiplayer anyway, so it doesnt affect me i guess.

when the CE mod is ported for 1.11, will there be any sort of
notification?

On 4-Aug-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> when the CE mod is ported for 1.11, will there be any sort of
> notification?

I imagine that Mr. Chaos Energy will at least post a notification at his
and Phrozenkeep's forums.
He (Mr. CE) doesn't seem to come here, probably Brian will make a post
if/when it comes out, I am not frequenting the forums as much anymore,
(read - not at all lately) since most of my questions about the mod have
been answered and the rest I have/am figuring out myself.
--
Not 1337.

howldog wrote:

> when the CE mod is ported for 1.11, will there be any sort of
> notification?

Well Mr. CE wont announce it here. It would be on www.chaosempire.info

However theres a bunch of us CEMOD players here and also on the CEMOD
Forum at aforementioned site and we will be going giddy and yaking
about it here so you would come to know. :)

Grim -waiting for CE MOD to be ported to 1.11, before i upgrade LOD to
1.11

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005, "ArtDent" wrote:

>> On 4-Aug-2005, howldog wrote:
>>
>> > when the CE mod is ported for 1.11, will there be any sort of
>> > notification?
>>
>> I imagine that Mr. Chaos Energy will at least post a notification at his
>> and Phrozenkeep's forums.
>> He (Mr. CE) doesn't seem to come here, probably Brian will make a post
>> if/when it comes out, I am not frequenting the forums as much anymore,
>> (read - not at all lately) since most of my questions about the mod have
>> been answered and the rest I have/am figuring out myself.

It appears that adapting CE to 1.11 is non-trivial, and may require
assembly surgery on various things... so don't hold your breath unless
you look real good in blue.

(and yes I'll pass along notes from the Forum about any adaptation of CE
to 1.11)