FarStone GameDrive

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

< Are there other programs (maybe Freeware?) that can run
games off a HD instead of CD-ROM? >

GameDrive is a revolutionary software that emulates your physical
CD/DVD-ROM drive. Its innovative technology turbo charges your game
speed by running the game directly from your hard drive. GameDrive
allows you to create up to 23 virtual CD/DVD-ROM drives and an
unlimited number of CD/DVDs on your hard drive. A MUST HAVE FOR
GAMERS. Run CD/DVD-ROMs at a higher performance, without having to
carry CD/DVDs. Enhances your notebook battery performance, efficiency
and CD/DVD archiving capabilities. With the live update feature,
GameDrive will provide you with the latest update. Take all your games
with you on your GameDrive!

http://www.venturaes.com/farstone/gamedrive.html

===
"I don't feel the need to be famous. It's all bullshit anyway....Having people around me just because I'm famous makes me feel really bad about myself. So I give 10% to my agent to do the fame thing, and I go focus on whatever I love."
-- Jessica Alba

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:18:08 -0700, Ablang
<HilaryDuffPerfectMan@ablang-duff.com> wrote:

> < Are there other programs (maybe Freeware?) that can run
>games off a HD instead of CD-ROM? >
>
>GameDrive is a revolutionary software that emulates your physical
>CD/DVD-ROM drive. Its innovative technology turbo charges your game
>speed by running the game directly from your hard drive. GameDrive
>allows you to create up to 23 virtual CD/DVD-ROM drives and an
>unlimited number of CD/DVDs on your hard drive. A MUST HAVE FOR
>GAMERS. Run CD/DVD-ROMs at a higher performance, without having to
>carry CD/DVDs. Enhances your notebook battery performance, efficiency
>and CD/DVD archiving capabilities. With the live update feature,
>GameDrive will provide you with the latest update. Take all your games
>with you on your GameDrive!
>
>http://www.venturaes.com/farstone/gamedrive.html

Since you seem to be unable to set your computers date/time/time zone
correctly it's doubtful that you will be able to use this type of
program.

--
Roger J.

"Ablang" <HilaryDuffPerfectMan@ablang-duff.com> wrote in message
> < Are there other programs (maybe Freeware?) that can run
> games off a HD instead of CD-ROM? >
>
> GameDrive is <snip>

Game Drive is $23.95...not exactly freeware then.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

"Ablang" <HilaryDuffPerfectMan@ablang-duff.com> wrote in message
> < Are there other programs (maybe Freeware?) that can run
> games off a HD instead of CD-ROM? >
>
> GameDrive is a revolutionary software that emulates your physical
> CD/DVD-ROM drive. Its innovative technology turbo charges your game
> speed by running the game directly from your hard drive. GameDrive
> allows you to create up to 23 virtual CD/DVD-ROM drives and an
> unlimited number of CD/DVDs on your hard drive. A MUST HAVE FOR
> GAMERS. Run CD/DVD-ROMs at a higher performance, without having to
> carry CD/DVDs. Enhances your notebook battery performance, efficiency
> and CD/DVD archiving capabilities. With the live update feature,
> GameDrive will provide you with the latest update. Take all your games
> with you on your GameDrive!
>
> http://www.venturaes.com/farstone/gamedrive.html

I like Daemon Tools myself. It emulates a DVD or CD-ROM drive on your hard
drive and is free. Works perfectly.

- Cryo