Mephisto's soulstone ??

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 3, 2005 5:54:39 AM

Ok, after nights of hacking and slashing I finally get to act IV but
now I seem to be stuck. I cannot find the hellforge where I am supposed
to destroy mephisto's soulstone though I have reached the end of the
flame-filled underground level which is guarded by somebody who forbids
me from entering diablo's lair until I destroy the soulstone..

So where is the hellforge ?? Which level and which part of the level
(directions) ?

More about : mephisto soulstone

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:45:10 AM

aVheretic schrieb:

> Ok, after nights of hacking and slashing I finally get to act IV but
> now I seem to be stuck. I cannot find the hellforge where I am supposed
> to destroy mephisto's soulstone though I have reached the end of the
> flame-filled underground level which is guarded by somebody who forbids
> me from entering diablo's lair until I destroy the soulstone..
>
> So where is the hellforge ?? Which level and which part of the level
> (directions) ?

IF you have been to the River of Flame, your map should indicate where
it is, just as it indicates where the orb is in Act III or the place in
Act II where you put the Staff of the Horadrim. If it ain't on that map
you missed exploring a place in the River of Flames.
August 3, 2005 10:39:06 AM

Christian Winter wrote:
> aVheretic schrieb:
>
> > Ok, after nights of hacking and slashing I finally get to act IV but
> > now I seem to be stuck. I cannot find the hellforge where I am supposed
> > to destroy mephisto's soulstone though I have reached the end of the
> > flame-filled underground level which is guarded by somebody who forbids
> > me from entering diablo's lair until I destroy the soulstone..
> >
> > So where is the hellforge ?? Which level and which part of the level
> > (directions) ?
>
> IF you have been to the River of Flame, your map should indicate where
> it is, just as it indicates where the orb is in Act III or the place in
> Act II where you put the Staff of the Horadrim. If it ain't on that map
> you missed exploring a place in the River of Flames.

Isn't this cheating?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 3, 2005 10:46:59 AM

Nah it isnt cheating more co-op play but in single-player mode.
Anyway right after I posted this message I decided to re-track my path
in the River of flame and noticed the unexplored branch. Well after
destroying the soulstone and killing off all the minions I finally came
face to face with Diablo. No surprises, I got my ass kicked prompting
me to leave this level for another day. I dont know if it has been my
choices in the skill tree or the items that I have been collecting but
my barbarian never seems to get any stronger. This has led to a
constant re-doing of entire levels leading to much frustration.. The
concentrate skill is just not working and bash too doesnt do much
damage. Any tricks for skill upgradation with the barbarian character ??
August 3, 2005 12:40:41 PM

aVheretic wrote:
> Nah it isnt cheating more co-op play but in single-player mode.
> Anyway right after I posted this message I decided to re-track my path
> in the River of flame and noticed the unexplored branch. Well after
> destroying the soulstone and killing off all the minions I finally came
> face to face with Diablo. No surprises, I got my ass kicked prompting
> me to leave this level for another day. I dont know if it has been my
> choices in the skill tree or the items that I have been collecting but
> my barbarian never seems to get any stronger. This has led to a
> constant re-doing of entire levels leading to much frustration.. The
> concentrate skill is just not working and bash too doesnt do much
> damage. Any tricks for skill upgradation with the barbarian character ??

What level are you? I typically face Big D. at around level 30, since I
want the Natural Resists skill.

Are you gambling for rare items? If you are only wearing store bought
blue stuff, that might be your problem. Do you have any magic damage
resistance? Even a simple +3 MDR from a Nagelring will help, a lot,
when standing in D's fire hose.

Do you have a shield? Is it socketed with diamonds? What is your % to
block? You might need more dex.

Do you have any life leech? What is you attack rating, % to hit?

How about fire & lightning resists? They should be > 50 for Diablo.

How much life do you have? Have you invested in Battle Orders? I like
to have > 600 life when facing Diablo for the first time.

What kind of merc do you have? What level is it? Have you given it
better gear than the default?

Post your level, stats, skills, and summarise your items. There are
LOTS of folks here who can help you with advise on barbarians.

-Jason
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:32:21 PM

Very Strange.

It's in the area called "Rivers of Flame".
It's just behind the place where you killed
Hephasto. It's placed on a small plateau.
Move your mouse over this plateau and
then you'll notice it.
But you should have seen it before, because
it's hard to miss.

"aVheretic" <amitsaraff@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ok, after nights of hacking and slashing I finally get to act IV but
> now I seem to be stuck. I cannot find the hellforge where I am supposed
> to destroy mephisto's soulstone though I have reached the end of the
> flame-filled underground level which is guarded by somebody who forbids
> me from entering diablo's lair until I destroy the soulstone..
>
> So where is the hellforge ?? Which level and which part of the level
> (directions) ?

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:16:52 PM

On 3 Aug 2005 06:46:59 -0700, "aVheretic" <amitsaraff@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Nah it isnt cheating more co-op play but in single-player mode.
>Anyway right after I posted this message I decided to re-track my path
>in the River of flame and noticed the unexplored branch. Well after
>destroying the soulstone and killing off all the minions I finally came
>face to face with Diablo. No surprises, I got my ass kicked prompting
>me to leave this level for another day. I dont know if it has been my
>choices in the skill tree or the items that I have been collecting but
>my barbarian never seems to get any stronger. This has led to a
>constant re-doing of entire levels leading to much frustration.. The
>concentrate skill is just not working and bash too doesnt do much
>damage. Any tricks for skill upgradation with the barbarian character ??

lots of people, including me, get their ass kicked by Diablo in
normal, especially their first time into the game.

If I find my character isnt strong enough, i play more on the other
areas of Act 4, and try to level up a few times. Also look to increase
fire and lightning protection, especially fire.

Basically, what you have to do with Diablo, is load up your belt with
purple pots and maybe some anti-freeze potions and just keep chipping
away at him. It will take some time. The big fire blast he breathes
right at you will kill you dead if you dont have enough fire
protection. You may have to flee quite often, either around the corner
(he wont chase you) or back to town to get healed and stock up on more
purple pots. you know how to make the full purple pots dont you?

Concentrate is a good skill for Barbarian. I use it constantly unless
my Barb is cursed with iron maiden and maybe one other i cant recall.
bash i seldom use once i get concentrate going, altho bash has its
proponents.

Do you have any points in a skill called Battle Orders?
August 3, 2005 3:35:47 PM

Hawklan wrote:
> How do you give your merc equipment? Can you access his inventory
> screen? WHen I double click on him it doesn't offer an inventory.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

( This is only LOD, not Classic. )

Check you key mappings using <esc>. On my setup it's the 'o' key. Yours
might be different. Once you open his inventory, you can give him a
weapon, shield (act 3 merc only), body armor & helmet. Even if yuo
don't use your merc, they are a great way to store extra stuff. They
keep their items even after they die and get resurected, as long as you
don't replace them while they are wearing items.

Sometimes I give my merc specialty items, like Smoke armor. If I need
more resists we swap gear right in the middle (actually, right before)
of a battle, then swap back after the baddies are dead.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:43:27 PM

In article <1123059279.712495.128150@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
aVheretic <amitsaraff@gmail.com> wrote:
>Ok, after nights of hacking and slashing I finally get to act IV but
>now I seem to be stuck. I cannot find the hellforge where I am supposed
>to destroy mephisto's soulstone though I have reached the end of the
>flame-filled underground level which is guarded by somebody who forbids
>me from entering diablo's lair until I destroy the soulstone..
>
>So where is the hellforge ?? Which level and which part of the level
>(directions) ?

It's probably in a branch of the 'River of Flame' which you didn't explore
yet. Just go through the entire 'River of Flame' part again, this time
explore it all, and you should find the Hellforge.

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:17:09 PM

How do you give your merc equipment? Can you access his inventory
screen? WHen I double click on him it doesn't offer an inventory.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hawklan
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:32:50 PM

"howldog" wrote...
> [snip]
>
> purple pots. you know how to make the full purple pots dont you?
>
> [snip]

I know two ways:

1. Cube 3 regular Rejuv potions into one Full Rejuv.
2. Cube 3 Super Healing, 3 Super Mana, and 1 normal gem into one Full Rejuv.
Normal gem means NOT chipped, flawed, flawless, or perfect.

Is there another way?

I don't know about you guys and gals, but I never seem to find enough normal
gems or normal rejuvs to keep a full supply of full rejuvs. I actually
created a mule for purple pots so I'd always have enough. :)
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:32:51 PM

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:32:50 GMT, "Brian Kastel"
<be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>"howldog" wrote...
>> [snip]
>>
>> purple pots. you know how to make the full purple pots dont you?
>>
>> [snip]
>
>I know two ways:
>
>1. Cube 3 regular Rejuv potions into one Full Rejuv.
>2. Cube 3 Super Healing, 3 Super Mana, and 1 normal gem into one Full Rejuv.
>Normal gem means NOT chipped, flawed, flawless, or perfect.
>
>Is there another way?

not that i know of. I just keep scooping up the reds and blues and
then periodically transmute them into purples.

>I don't know about you guys and gals, but I never seem to find enough normal
>gems or normal rejuvs to keep a full supply of full rejuvs. I actually
>created a mule for purple pots so I'd always have enough. :)

I play single player mods with gigantic stashes.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:57:16 PM

In article <1123076819.117602.198970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
aVheretic <amitsaraff@gmail.com> wrote:
>Nah it isnt cheating more co-op play but in single-player mode.
>Anyway right after I posted this message I decided to re-track my path
>in the River of flame and noticed the unexplored branch. Well after
>destroying the soulstone and killing off all the minions I finally came
>face to face with Diablo. No surprises, I got my ass kicked prompting
>me to leave this level for another day. I dont know if it has been my
>choices in the skill tree or the items that I have been collecting but
>my barbarian never seems to get any stronger. This has led to a
>constant re-doing of entire levels leading to much frustration.. The
>concentrate skill is just not working and bash too doesnt do much
>damage. Any tricks for skill upgradation with the barbarian character ??

We might, if you told us where you put the skillpoints now, and what gear
you're wearing.

I've played a Barb, and don't recall having any problems with Normal
Diablo... Just whack away, guzzle some potions, and down he goes...

Post some stats and we'll see what you could improve...

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:24:05 PM

Thanks,

You mean you can't give a weapon or shield to the ever popular ACt 2
tank-merc. I seem to remember that there is some spell that allows you to
heal your merc? thought I used as a newbie paladin.

Anyhow I'm off to find that damn key!Thanks for answering my off-topic
query. With no mule this merc inventory thing could be very nice.

Cheers,

Hawklan
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:52:59 PM

What are you resistances ?
Especially those again Fire and LIGHTNING !

> Nah it isnt cheating more co-op play but in single-player mode.
> Anyway right after I posted this message I decided to re-track my path
> in the River of flame and noticed the unexplored branch. Well after
> destroying the soulstone and killing off all the minions I finally came
> face to face with Diablo. No surprises, I got my ass kicked prompting
> me to leave this level for another day. I dont know if it has been my
> choices in the skill tree or the items that I have been collecting but
> my barbarian never seems to get any stronger. This has led to a
> constant re-doing of entire levels leading to much frustration.. The
> concentrate skill is just not working and bash too doesnt do much
> damage. Any tricks for skill upgradation with the barbarian character ??

August 4, 2005 3:26:31 PM

ArtDent wrote:
> On 3-Aug-2005, "Brian Kastel"
> <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know about you guys and gals, but I never seem to find enough
> > normal
> > gems or normal rejuvs to keep a full supply of full rejuvs. I actually
> > created a mule for purple pots so I'd always have enough. :)
>
> Heh, I must play even more conservatively than I thought. I always have
> plenty of full rejuves, heck, I collect 'em and then go to a public or agd
> game and drop them for people. I even made a special character to give
> them away, she (assasin, just because I like to look at her, lol) is even
> named 'HavaDrink" (or something like that).

How very nice of you! My barb is the same way. He uses "Find Potion" on
all the maggots and flayers that abound. Usually he's got column 3 in
the belt full of full rejuvs, and another 10 or so in the stash. In
public games he pulls potions out of every moster that drops and the
rest of the party never has to go without (except for that one pally
who always screams "Pots," and then runs away to spam "Blessed Hammer"
without waiting for me to finish horking. (yeah, yeah, technically
"horking" is "Find Item". Details...)

-Jason
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:12:14 PM

On 4-Aug-2005, "Hawklan" <kris@nospamdnd.ca> wrote:

> You mean you can't give a weapon or shield to the ever popular ACt2
> tank-merc. I seem to remember that there is some spell that allows you
> heal your merc? thought I used as a newbie paladin.

Yes, you can give the act2 merc a weapon, it must be a polearm or spear
type.
Paladins can use Holy Bolt to heal party members or mercs, but you can
also heal him by dropping a heal potion (or rejuve) on his picture, which
works with any character class.
--
Not 1337.
Anonymous

On 3-Aug-2005, "Brian Kastel"
<be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> I don't know about you guys and gals, but I never seem to find enough
> normal
> gems or normal rejuvs to keep a full supply of full rejuvs. I actually
> created a mule for purple pots so I'd always have enough. :)

Heh, I must play even more conservatively than I thought. I always have
plenty of full rejuves, heck, I collect 'em and then go to a public or agd
game and drop them for people. I even made a special character to give
them away, she (assasin, just because I like to look at her, lol) is even
named 'HavaDrink" (or something like that).
Skellimancers are good that way, just hang back and let 'da boys' do all
the work.
--
Not 1337.
Anonymous

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:16:11 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 3-Aug-2005, "Brian Kastel"
><be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know about you guys and gals, but I never seem to find enough
>> normal
>> gems or normal rejuvs to keep a full supply of full rejuvs. I actually
>> created a mule for purple pots so I'd always have enough. :)
>
>Heh, I must play even more conservatively than I thought. I always have
>plenty of full rejuves, heck, I collect 'em and then go to a public or agd
>game and drop them for people. I even made a special character to give
>them away, she (assasin, just because I like to look at her, lol) is even
>named 'HavaDrink" (or something like that).
>Skellimancers are good that way, just hang back and let 'da boys' do all
>the work.

Same here. I generally have no free space in my stash or cube - I
fill it with full rejuves and drop them or sell them if necessary.
But then I have put in most of my time with skellimancers and singing
barbs, both of whom seem to be swimming in potions. When I play other
characters, I get noticeably fewer, but it's hardly a drought, either.

--Craig

--
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - The Replacements
Craig Richardson (crichard-tacoma@worldnet.att.net)

Good info,

Didn't know about the dropping a potion thing on the character icon.

thx,

Hawklan
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 6:35:41 PM

On 5-Aug-2005, "Hawklan" <kris@nospamdnd.ca> wrote:

> Didn't know about the dropping a potion thing on the character icon.

I forgot to mention, you can also hold down the shift key (left one only?)
and right click a potion to have it affect your merc. Also, you do know
you can hit the '1' key to drink or use what is in the leftmost spot on
your belt, well, same thing with the shift thing for the merc, hold shift
and hit 1 and that potion affects the merc, no need for lifting and
carrying.
--
Not 1337.
!