Keys

Now what am i to do? Where do i locate them? I've heard alot of pplz saying
that they are from Countess, Summoner and Nihlithak. Is this correct? If so
do they drop when you kill them or luck of the draw? Random Spawn.

Also, these Charms that you apparently get once you've defeated the Uber
Army of Evil, are they like Gheeds and Anni? Uniques that you can only have
1 of?

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

In article <42f17517@news.comindico.com.au>,
Jake Mysterio <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>Now what am i to do? Where do i locate them? I've heard alot of pplz saying
>that they are from Countess, Summoner and Nihlithak. Is this correct? If so
>do they drop when you kill them or luck of the draw? Random Spawn.

Yes, those are the bosses. Story has it there's about a 1/43 chance they
will drop a key when you kill them. So keep running them.

Yesterday-evening I did combined Countess/Summoner runs using my FO/CL
sorc, and in about 25 runs, I found 2 Keys of Terror from the Countess and
1 Key of Hate from the Summoner. Traded the Terror one for a Hate one, and
finally managed to trade the Hate key for a Key of Destruction (which is
what's dropped by Nihlatak, by far the most difficult boss to run of the
three mentioned..)

>Also, these Charms that you apparently get once you've defeated the Uber
>Army of Evil, are they like Gheeds and Anni? Uniques that you can only have
>1 of?

Only one Hellfire Torch drops when you defeat the Ueber-Brothers in
Ueber-Tristram, and apparently, just like Anni and Gheeds, any character
can only carry 1 at a time...

Regards,

Patrick.

~misfit~ wrote:
> Jake Mysterio wrote:
>
>>Now what am i to do? Where do i locate them? I've heard alot of pplz
>>saying that they are from Countess, Summoner and Nihlithak. Is this
>>correct? If so do they drop when you kill them or luck of the draw?
>>Random Spawn.
>>Also, these Charms that you apparently get once you've defeated the
>>Uber Army of Evil, are they like Gheeds and Anni? Uniques that you
>>can only have 1 of?
>

> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1123142527.jpg
>
> I understand you can only have one per character and I know you can't put
> them in the trade window.
wrong. You can have as many as you find, and they are transferable.
I got the 3 third key I missed by trading. We then did uberduriel with 4
people (HC). One death, not so bad :)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Patrick Vervoorn
<patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl>, supreme ruler of bunnies,
hopped and flopped and said:

>In article <42f17517@news.comindico.com.au>,
>Jake Mysterio <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>>Now what am i to do? Where do i locate them? I've heard alot of pplz saying
>>that they are from Countess, Summoner and Nihlithak. Is this correct? If so
>>do they drop when you kill them or luck of the draw? Random Spawn.
>
>Yes, those are the bosses. Story has it there's about a 1/43 chance they
>will drop a key when you kill them. So keep running them.

The following drop chances were calculated by Adekye over in the Amazon Basin,
and I've just confirmed the same numbers from having a look in the data myself
(odds are in a single player game):

Countess key drop = 5 in 68 = 1 in 13.6
Nihlathak key drop = 5 in 61 = 1 in 12.2
Summoner key drop = 5 in 56 = 1 in 11.2

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

Just a quick terminology correction, the final part is the average number of
runs to get a key:

Countess key drop = 1 every 13.6 runs, on average
Nihlathak key drop = 1 every 12.2 runs, on average
Summoner key drop = 1 every 11.2 runs, on average

ZoombyWoof wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
> > http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1123142527.jpg
> >
> > I understand you can only have one per character and I know you
> > can't put them in the trade window.
> wrong. You can have as many as you find, and they are transferable.
> I got the 3 third key I missed by trading. We then did uberduriel
> with 4 people (HC). One death, not so bad :)

I think misfit referred to the charm, not the keys.

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> The following drop chances were calculated by Adekye over in the
> Amazon Basin, and I've just confirmed the same numbers from having a
> look in the data myself (odds are in a single player game):
>
> Countess key drop = 5 in 68 = 1 in 13.6
> Nihlathak key drop = 5 in 61 = 1 in 12.2
> Summoner key drop = 5 in 56 = 1 in 11.2

I went for some runs in act 1 and 2 only, and as I had the feeling the
summoner always hides in the fourth arm of the Arcane Sanctuary I decided to
write that down too. I usually started with the upper left (ul) arm, then
upper right (ur). Sometimes I went then for lower left (ll), sometimes for
lower right (lr).

My little statistics corner:

run | key | arm in AS
------+-------+------------
1 | - | ll (#3)
2 | - | ur (#2)
3 | - | lr (#3)
4 | - | ll (#3)
5 | - | ll (#4)
6 | - | lr (#3)
7 | - | ul (#1)
8 | - | ul (#1)
9 | H/T | ll (#4)
10 | - | ll (#4)
11 | - | ll (#4)
12 | H/T | ll (#3)
13 | - | lr (#3)
14 | - | ur (#2)
15 | T | ur (#2)
16 | H | ll (#3)
17 | - | ll (#3)
18 | - | ur (#2)
19 | - | lr (#4)
20 | - | ur (#2)

I have by now:
3 keys of terror
5 keys of hate
1 key of destruction

Tomorrow I would like to have a look at all those uber monsters to get a
good laugh before my character dies, so I need two more keys from Nihlathak,
but not today.