GeForce 4 Ti4200

Catskill

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2002
I finally decided to swap out my trusty GeForce 2 Ultra with a GeForce 4 Ti, however after removing all the old Nvidia drivers and such when I boot up with the new card my pc powers up but hangs before it even starts to boot. I have and AMD xp2000 1.67 on a MSI K4 Ultra. The Geforce 2 runs fine. I will be bringing back the G4 for another one I'm just wondering if I missed anything in the setup. I have swapped out many cards in the past.

Thanks, CH

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Nope.

Make sure you're not overclocking, or overvolting.

If it ain't happening, then there a problem with the card.

A slim, slim chance it's a problem with your psu. Actually, since that GF4 pulls more power, if you're trying to use a 300w psu or something, there a very, very good chance it's your psu.

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser

Catskill

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2002
Thanks for the reply, I am not overclocking and my power supply is a 430w True Power unit. Voltages are set to auto in my BIOS. I returned the card and will be picking up another GF4Ti this weekend.
I am hoping with my CPU and motherborad setup I will see some increase in framerates as I believe the bottleneck in my system is now my GF2 Ultra.

Thanks CH

TRENDING THREADS