Opinions - Best Char for MF

Hi there,

Am interested to hear opinions vis-a-vis the best\preferred character
for Magic Find runs. With the coming ladder reset my guild and I will
be looking to restock both our armory and personal equipment sets.

I'm primarily a Paladin\Bowazon kinda guy; was thiking of building a
hammerdin for the initial MFing. His stats would be something like
this:

Concentration - Max
Vigor - Max
Blessed Hammer - Max
Holy Shield - Max

Str: Enough to equip reasonable gear
Dex: Enough to maintain max blocking %
Vit: Everything else
Eng: Nothing

Opinions, comments, critiscm, suggestions?

My primary goal\purpose is to help my guildies and myself restock our
armory. Have never played a sorc before (am a stand-up fight\melee
kinda guy). However, this new ladder season enables a damn good reason
to start over and try new things.

Guess I'll zip over to The Amazon Basin and check out the char guides
for Sorceresses\LF 'Zons...

Thanks!

> Opinions, comments, critiscm, suggestions?

a sorc, hands down... until theres some mass dupes and enigmas become
available again =)

peace,
kyle

On 5 Aug 2005 13:12:50 -0700, "Pendraig" <noirawjh@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Am interested to hear opinions vis-a-vis the best\preferred character
>for Magic Find runs. With the coming ladder reset my guild and I will
>be looking to restock both our armory and personal equipment sets.

I've built both a MF sorceress and a MF LF zon in the past, and they
were both very good.

MF Sorceress is probably #1 in my book, at least for a new character
because of the ability to teleport. MF Sorceress and Hell Mephisto =
good MF items.

My MF LF zon was great vs. Shenk/Pindle/Eldritch and NM anything.

I ran both with +400% MF or more.

My MF Sorceress found some of the better stuff due to being able to
farm Hell Mephisto quite quickly. Also, the Pit posed very little
problems for her.

My MF zon did cow running and Super Uniques well.

I suppose it's all in whether you want a Hell-worthy build or just a
build for specific MFing.

The next ladder season I am thinking about building a Blizzard
Sorceress and a MF Kick/Trap Assassin Hybrid.

The ability to Teleport makes a huge, huge difference I'd say...

- Samiel

If you play HC you may want to consider a necro for better protection.

Dave S.

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> If you play HC you may want to consider a necro for better protection.
>
> Dave S.
>
> "Pendraig" <noirawjh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Am interested to hear opinions vis-a-vis the best\preferred character
> > for Magic Find runs. With the coming ladder reset my guild and I will
> > be looking to restock both our armory and personal equipment sets.
> >
> > I'm primarily a Paladin\Bowazon kinda guy; was thiking of building a
> > hammerdin for the initial MFing. His stats would be something like
> > this:
> >
> > Concentration - Max
> > Vigor - Max
> > Blessed Hammer - Max
> > Holy Shield - Max
> >
> > Str: Enough to equip reasonable gear
> > Dex: Enough to maintain max blocking %
> > Vit: Everything else
> > Eng: Nothing
> >
> > Opinions, comments, critiscm, suggestions?

I may be in the minority, but I use multiple mf chars, I get bored fast
using the same char and skill set over and over, I need to change to another
char and play a different style of play every couple of hours. So I will do
some runs with my sorc, then my LF zon then my necro. All in different
areas, so that I don't face the same monsters all the time.