merc leveling PDQ

Is it me or does the merc seem to level very quickly?
I am in Nm and I joined a Baal game and got about few levels above my merc.
I was around level 68 and my merc was at 62. I did a solo Anya quest and my
merc did about 3 levels at the passage and 2 at the frozen river ( He is a
HF Act 2 merc). Now it could be I am a golomancer and he is doing a big
chuck of killing, but I've rarely seen my merc keep up with me so much.
Anyone else noticed this?

EB

Yeah, come to think of it my mercs (tend to use NM Act 2's for the aura
stack) *have* been leveling a lot faster lately! Nice trend I say!
The majority of my chars are melee paladins (Fanatic Zealots\Avengers)
or Bowazons. Strangely I haven't really noticed any appreciable
difference\correlation between kill ratio (who's carrying the load) and
merc leveling rate. Either way I *like* it! Keep 'em well equipped
(love those ethereal weapons & armor ... unlimited durability on a merc
.... heh) and throw down baby!

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:12:32 +0100, "Eric Blake" <me@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is it me or does the merc seem to level very quickly?
>I am in Nm and I joined a Baal game and got about few levels above my merc.
>I was around level 68 and my merc was at 62. I did a solo Anya quest and my
>merc did about 3 levels at the passage and 2 at the frozen river ( He is a
>HF Act 2 merc). Now it could be I am a golomancer and he is doing a big
>chuck of killing, but I've rarely seen my merc keep up with me so much.
>Anyone else noticed this?

Yup. It's a feature, not a bug - it's in the readme for the patch.
In the last few days of 1.10, I'd spent a bunch of tedious hours
leveling my merc from 28 to 32 (I was 38, and he was getting almost no
experience in the areas I was in). After 1.11, he caught me by level
42, in normal play (i.e. my CE and skeletons were doing most of the
killing).

--Craig

--
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - The Replacements
Craig Richardson (crichard-tacoma@worldnet.att.net)

RJ

It's nice isn't it? I think that the valk and shadow master seem
stronger too but I might be halucinating again...lol