Booting 2350

I messed up my brother in laws 2350 dell. It will not boot. He has never had
any problems with it. So we got out his disks. No recovery cd. what can I
do? Can I do a repair? I know there is no hidden partition. His probem
started out as a probelm with service pack 2 no updates could install. So I
thought uninstall service pack 2 and reinstall it. There was an error
message at the end of the uninstall. I just went on. No it won't boot.
What should I do? Thanks.

He should have an OS CD, likely labeled Dell Reinstallation CD. That should
reinstall the OS that it came with