smiter pally - questions

After reading how smiters were the way to go vs the ubers, I tried starting
one since that is a pally build I had never tried.

The first thing I noticed was that enchant doesn't affect smite damage, so
no enchant rush using smite. What other gotchas are there with smiters?

Other than maxing smite, fanatacism, and holy shield what does he really
need?
3 answers Last reply
More about smiter pally questions

    1 point in zeal with + to skills ull have enuf there.
    U need a good high dmg shield.
    Smiters are really good 1 on 1 vs bosses. I am not sure how well they
    fare vs masses.
    john graesser wrote:

    > After reading how smiters were the way to go vs the ubers, I tried starting
    > one since that is a pally build I had never tried.
    >
    > The first thing I noticed was that enchant doesn't affect smite damage, so
    > no enchant rush using smite. What other gotchas are there with smiters?
    >
    > Other than maxing smite, fanatacism, and holy shield what does he really
    > need?

    Dex enough for max block. (optional but with max holyshield you may as
    well)
    Str for equipment.
    Vitality.

    Strength doesn't do much for your damage. I think most people ignore
    the str bonus for smite when calculating damage. So you are left with
    vitality. You can't leech with Smite but I can't imagine many people
    putting points in Energy.

    JG: You should probably try to get lifetap from somewhere since you
    can't leech. Drac's are very good apparently.

    No elemental damage gets transferred with Smite. Also weapon damage is
    irrelevant, although you do get CB, OW. DS doesn't transfer either.
    Something like "Grief" is good for the +damage.

    If you are taking on ubers I presume you already know to get high CB.

    And with max fana, it should be easy for you to get to 6 fpa, which is
    the quickest. Depending on weapon, you will need _at most_ 40 IAS I
    think.

    How about attributes... what to max?
    Thanks d.
    "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
    > After reading how smiters were the way to go vs the ubers, I tried
    > starting
    > one since that is a pally build I had never tried.
    >
    > The first thing I noticed was that enchant doesn't affect smite damage, so
    > no enchant rush using smite. What other gotchas are there with smiters?
    >
    > Other than maxing smite, fanatacism, and holy shield what does he really
    > need?

Games Build Video Games