Grush possible?

RJ

Is g-rush still possible with 1.11? If so, you have to have just
Diablo2 and not LOD when you create your char. Is this correct? Then
what happens at Baal? Is there Baal in Diablo2 (non LOD)?

What is a G-Rush?

RJ wrote:

> Is g-rush still possible with 1.11? If so, you have to have just
> Diablo2 and not LOD when you create your char. Is this correct? Then
> what happens at Baal? Is there Baal in Diablo2 (non LOD)?

::smacks Sliver:: stop that and answer my question...

How far into Hell do these G-rushes go? I presume they are either for
people who really are very lazy and will then go level in normal then
nm then hell. Or are they mainly for LLD who want the Izzy and Anya
quests to get those resists and extra skill points.

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"RJ" <rjjensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is g-rush still possible with 1.11? If so, you have to have just

Yeah people are still doing g-rushes.

> Diablo2 and not LOD when you create your char. Is this correct? Then

No it can be done with LoD chars.

> what happens at Baal? Is there Baal in Diablo2 (non LOD)?

You get someone who needs the Baal quest to be in the game at same time as
rushee and rusher. There is no Baal in classic d2.

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"The Shadow" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> What is a G-Rush?

It's called Glitch rushing. Someone who is actually too lazy to play the
game will come to the chat channel and beg for a grush usually offering all
forges as incentive to rusher. Rusher takes rushee through all difficulties.
Then rushee goes and lvl's in chaos runs. These types of rushes are not
always easy as you need someone else in the game who needs certain quests to
get to the next difficulty. Ancients and Baal I do believe. Could be just
baal. I've helped someone finish a grush once but never did a the whole
she-bang. (runs off on a tangent now she bang she bang she moves.....)

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ::smacks Sliver:: stop that and answer my question...
>
> How far into Hell do these G-rushes go? I presume they are either for
> people who really are very lazy and will then go level in normal then
> nm then hell. Or are they mainly for LLD who want the Izzy and Anya
> quests to get those resists and extra skill points.

Grush is all difficulties, one rush from norm straight through hell. The
rushee's level in chaos hell runs. Thats why you see like a lvl5 char
running behind a lvl 85 in hell sometimes. I presume the rushee is doing it
so they can use the char to mule in hell, make cows in all difficulties or
too damn lazy to actually play through norm and nightmare and just wanna be
in hell asap (which sometimes I can sorta agree with but plod along and do
them anyway). Skill quests etc aren't part of the rush usually. So that's
why ya find high lvls in norm begging for wps and doing missing quests lol

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ::smacks Sliver:: stop that and answer my question...
>
> How far into Hell do these G-rushes go? I presume they are either for
> people who really are very lazy and will then go level in normal then
> nm then hell. Or are they mainly for LLD who want the Izzy and Anya
> quests to get those resists and extra skill points.

G-rushes contain the following (this is from memory so I MAY have missed
summit):

Act 1
* Anderial
* (rushee goes east from Warriv)

Act 2
* Grab staff from maggots (unless they have finished one stored)
* Grab amulet from vipers
* Give them your cube if on Normal (nne drops in Travincal for you later)
* (rushee talks to cain & drognan)
* Kill Summoner (then rushee talks to cain)
* Kill Duriel (then rushee talks to meshif & jerhyn)
* (rushee sails west from meshif)

Act 3
* Kill council in Travincal (cube drops for everyone without one)
* (rushee talks to cain)
* Kill Mephisto (rushee goes through red portal to act 4)

Act 4
* (rusher takes forge if in NM / Hell)
* Kill Diablo (rushee goes to act 5 from Tryael)

* Act 5
* (create public game named along the lines of "Baal quest here")
* (when someone needing Baal dead for quest enters... party them)
* (make sure the noob that entered is above ancients level and close to
Baal)
* Kill baal
* (rushee can then goto next level and continue g-rush for NM/Hell)

(Skips act 5 ancients & level requirement by using a glitch at baal)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Sliver wrote:
> > How far into Hell do these G-rushes go? I presume they are either for
> > people who really are very lazy and will then go level in normal then
> > nm then hell. Or are they mainly for LLD who want the Izzy and Anya
> > quests to get those resists and extra skill points.

Yes, there are LLD who want Grush for that purpose described above.

> Grush is all difficulties, one rush from norm straight through hell. The
> rushee's level in chaos hell runs. Thats why you see like a lvl5 char
> running behind a lvl 85 in hell sometimes. I presume the rushee is doing it
> so they can use the char to mule in hell, make cows in all difficulties or
> too damn lazy to actually play through norm and nightmare and just wanna be
> in hell asap (which sometimes I can sorta agree with but plod along and do
> them anyway). Skill quests etc aren't part of the rush usually. So that's
> why ya find high lvls in norm begging for wps and doing missing quests lol

The Grush I know is commonly done by professional gamers. Even though
they are usually between the age of 16-22, I consider them
professionals, as they make money off of it. In this version of Grush,
skill quests, Lam Essen, Golden Bird, and Anya are completed. Larzuk &
sometimes Charsi rewards are intact, HellForges are not touched. The
goal is to create 8 level 85 characters with zero attribute and skill
points spent. Level 85, because most - if not all - items are
equippable at this char level. Most common character selections is one
of each class plus an extra Paladin or an extra Sorceress. Value of
such account in eBay around the 6th month of Season 2 was USD 100-500.
I heard it went as high as USD 900 on some occasions.

As far as I know, Hell Chaos runs are only done in the USEast server.
Leveling does not come as rapidly in the USWest and Europe, since they
would have to go through Tristram runs, Tomb runs, Cow runs, and Baal
runs. Each of these runs only net at most 2 levels, whereas Hell Chaos
runs can net 8 levels per run. USWest and Europe players who play in
the public games can probably say more if this is true.

> --
> In a World full of Insanity
> Here I Stand.
> Sliver

Just a minor correction, Trammel.

Trammel wrote:

> G-rushes contain the following (this is from memory so I MAY have missed
> summit):

At all times, only one rushee / quester needs to follow the rusher
through Town Portals.

> Act 1
> * Anderial
> * (rushee goes east from Warriv)
>
> Act 2

* (optional) Talk to Jehryn upon arriving in Lut Gholein. Only 1
rushee needs to do this talking.

> * Grab staff from maggots (unless they have finished one stored)
> * Grab amulet from vipers
> * Give them your cube if on Normal (nne drops in Travincal for you later)
> * (rushee talks to cain & drognan)

(Correction) Talking to Cain is NOT necessary. Talking to Drognan is
needed only if you skip to optional first step above. Only 1 rushee
needs to do this talking.

> * Kill Summoner (then rushee talks to cain)

(Correction) There is no need to talk to Cain.

> * Kill Duriel (then rushee talks to meshif & jerhyn)

Well, it's Jehryn and then Meshif, but it should be obvious. Tyrael
too before those two.

> * (rushee sails west from meshif)
>
> Act 3
> * Kill council in Travincal (cube drops for everyone without one)
> * (rushee talks to cain)
> * Kill Mephisto (rushee goes through red portal to act 4)
>
> Act 4
> * (rusher takes forge if in NM / Hell)
> * Kill Diablo (rushee goes to act 5 from Tryael)
>
> * Act 5
> * (create public game named along the lines of "Baal quest here")
> * (when someone needing Baal dead for quest enters... party them)
> * (make sure the noob that entered is above ancients level and close to
> Baal)

(Note) It is usually useful to offer the quester a ride on the next
difficulty once he or she kills Baal. Especially if you are Grushing
your own mules. That way, you don't need to drive your mule, just ask
that person to follow you through the TPs.

> * Kill baal
> * (rushee can then goto next level and continue g-rush for NM/Hell)
>
> (Skips act 5 ancients & level requirement by using a glitch at baal)
>
> --
> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
> (Please reply to group only)

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Alex Holtz wrote:
> The Grush I know is commonly done by professional gamers. Even though
> they are usually between the age of 16-22, I consider them
> professionals, as they make money off of it. In this version of Grush,
> skill quests, Lam Essen, Golden Bird, and Anya are completed. Larzuk &
> sometimes Charsi rewards are intact, HellForges are not touched. The
> goal is to create 8 level 85 characters with zero attribute and skill
> points spent. Level 85, because most - if not all - items are
> equippable at this char level. Most common character selections is one
> of each class plus an extra Paladin or an extra Sorceress. Value of
> such account in eBay around the 6th month of Season 2 was USD 100-500.
> I heard it went as high as USD 900 on some occasions.

Ah, this explains the plethora of poorly named and poorly played
characters out there! Simply using a high level char with godly items
is not enough. That char must be lovingly played from level 1, through
every quest, and every waypoint, in order to truly become truly ready
for hell. No two characters are ever the same, even if they share
identical items. It's a shame so few people seem to realise this.

-Jason

P.S. This is true for life too, and not just BNet.

"Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just a minor correction, Trammel.
>
> Trammel wrote:
>
> > G-rushes contain the following (this is from memory so I MAY have missed
> > summit):
> > Act 2
>
> * (optional) Talk to Jehryn upon arriving in Lut Gholein. Only 1
> rushee needs to do this talking.
>
> > * Grab staff from maggots (unless they have finished one stored)

This can also be skipped if you have a dedicated act 2 opener for that
difficulty, who was in game when the tomb was opened but left before the
fight with duriel. That char can start all Act 2 games in that difficulty
and you never have to go to maggot lair again. The tomb will already be open
when party gets there after doing viper and summoner.

> How do you skip the level requirements for Baal? I just tried and it
> doesn't work.

* Noob needs Baal but is level 7.
* Pro is doing rush
* Quester is right level to kill baal & can go there & needs quest

1) Noob makes a game named like "Baal quest here!!!"
2) Pro joins game "Baal quest here!!!"
3) Quester joins game "Baal quest here!!!"
4) All party-up
5) Noob stays in act5 town
6) Pro & Quester go kill Baal
*** Noob gets Baal quest without needing ancients ***

--

On that special day, RJ, (rjjensen@hotmail.com) said...

> How do you skip the level requirements for Baal? I just tried and it
> doesn't work.

Codeword "virgin"

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

CHUNKsteeldrunk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

Jason are you retarded? If you and I both have a level 85 sorc with all the same skill points, attributes, quest skill points/attributes, and all the same items. My sorc is rushed and yours was played through (not to mention the countless hours you are wasting your time). You are saying your character will do more damage than mine that is not true. Your sorc from version 1.0 to 1.11 may seem to have different stats but Blizzard "tweeks" these stats with every charac (how they are played and changes their skills) and monsters (not all monsters) and even changes items. Diablo 2 is a game of odds and numbers and people have this to science, hence why Blizzard changes things. So if our sorcs have all the same stuff mentioned above we both should be able to do the same damage and go through hell. What you say about being "truly ready for hell" is personal prefrence maybe you feel that G-rushing is cheating but it is not. Its 2009 D2 came out in 2000 its been 9 years and people have been G-rushed almost its whole existence. If G-rushing is cheating Blizzard would have put a stop to it years ago.

-CHUNK

PS. some people do what it takes to get ahead in life. some people watch from the sidelines. some people do as they're told

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
And some people can't read a date and revive threads that are 4 years old.

And what he's talking about is that the player who has played a character since lvl 1 will better know the ins and outs of a character, and thus play that character better.

TRENDING THREADS