Msn Messenger 6.2 (Toy)

August 26, 2004 7:21:05 AM

Hi there,

I do hope i will be able to get some help. But i am positive about that.

I downloaded msn messenger so many times and still i experience the same
probs. The message i get when i want to log on is " We are unable to sign
you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the
serice or with the Internet connection. Please make sure that you are
connected to the Internet. 0x81000301."

I am connected to the Internet i am sure the connections are correct, so i
dont know where the problem is .. We have a firewall but i do not think thats
where the probs is cause the others in the building are able to go onto msn
messenger and we all using the same server.

Thanks.

Toy

More about : msn messenger toy

August 26, 2004 11:39:18 AM

Possibly a cookie problem? IE Tools/Internet Options/Privacy - click
"default".....just a suggestion.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I do hope i will be able to get some help. But i am positive about that.
>
> I downloaded msn messenger so many times and still i experience the same
> probs. The message i get when i want to log on is " We are unable to sign
> you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the
> serice or with the Internet connection. Please make sure that you are
> connected to the Internet. 0x81000301."
>
> I am connected to the Internet i am sure the connections are correct, so i
> dont know where the problem is .. We have a firewall but i do not think
> thats
> where the probs is cause the others in the building are able to go onto
> msn
> messenger and we all using the same server.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Toy
August 26, 2004 11:39:19 AM

Hi there Peter, thanks a mil babes, but i do have one prob i did what you
said and default was not highlighted only import and advanced and my privacy
settings for the internet zone is on Medium. I have XP. If you can assist i
will be greatfull.

Thanks a ton !!

Toy

"Peter" wrote:

> Possibly a cookie problem? IE Tools/Internet Options/Privacy - click
> "default".....just a suggestion.
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> Windows XP Home SP2.
> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I do hope i will be able to get some help. But i am positive about that.
> >
> > I downloaded msn messenger so many times and still i experience the same
> > probs. The message i get when i want to log on is " We are unable to sign
> > you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the
> > serice or with the Internet connection. Please make sure that you are
> > connected to the Internet. 0x81000301."
> >
> > I am connected to the Internet i am sure the connections are correct, so i
> > dont know where the problem is .. We have a firewall but i do not think
> > thats
> > where the probs is cause the others in the building are able to go onto
> > msn
> > messenger and we all using the same server.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Toy

Related resources
August 26, 2004 12:37:11 PM

Ok.. click "advanced" and click "override" and "always allow" - see if that
workd. If not you can then click default again.
The problem maybe in the advanced section of internet options, but I'm not
too sure what it might be.

--
> Hi there Peter, thanks a mil babes, but i do have one prob i did what you
> said and default was not highlighted only import and advanced and my
> privacy
> settings for the internet zone is on Medium. I have XP. If you can
> assist i
> will be greatfull.
>
> Thanks a ton !!
>
> Toy
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Possibly a cookie problem? IE Tools/Internet Options/Privacy - click
>> "default".....just a suggestion.
>>
>> --
>> Peter.
>> Toronto, Canada.
>> Windows XP Home SP2.
>> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
>> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I do hope i will be able to get some help. But i am positive about
>> > that.
>> >
>> > I downloaded msn messenger so many times and still i experience the
>> > same
>> > probs. The message i get when i want to log on is " We are unable to
>> > sign
>> > you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with
>> > the
>> > serice or with the Internet connection. Please make sure that you are
>> > connected to the Internet. 0x81000301."
>> >
>> > I am connected to the Internet i am sure the connections are correct,
>> > so i
>> > dont know where the problem is .. We have a firewall but i do not think
>> > thats
>> > where the probs is cause the others in the building are able to go onto
>> > msn
>> > messenger and we all using the same server.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Toy

August 26, 2004 12:37:12 PM

Thanks babes ... i just tried it NO LUCK, i wish i have the solution. If you
know of anything else i can try dont hesitate to tell me i will even catch a
raindrop and post it to you without it loosing the form if you can help me.
ehehheeheh

Thanks for trying babes.

Toy

"Peter" wrote:

> Ok.. click "advanced" and click "override" and "always allow" - see if that
> workd. If not you can then click default again.
> The problem maybe in the advanced section of internet options, but I'm not
> too sure what it might be.
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> Windows XP Home SP2.
> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there Peter, thanks a mil babes, but i do have one prob i did what you
> > said and default was not highlighted only import and advanced and my
> > privacy
> > settings for the internet zone is on Medium. I have XP. If you can
> > assist i
> > will be greatfull.
> >
> > Thanks a ton !!
> >
> > Toy
> >
> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> >> Possibly a cookie problem? IE Tools/Internet Options/Privacy - click
> >> "default".....just a suggestion.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter.
> >> Toronto, Canada.
> >> Windows XP Home SP2.
> >> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
> >> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

August 26, 2004 2:31:41 PM

After some research using Google.... one solution is to get into your .net
passport another way than thru' MSN Messenger... change the password.
The other "cure???" is this:
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP users
1) Click Start > Run
2) Type: %appdata%\Microsoft and press enter.
3) Right-click the MSN Messenger folder and delete it.

Now restart MSN Messenger and try to sign in again...

--
> Thanks babes ... i just tried it NO LUCK, i wish i have the solution. If
> you
> know of anything else i can try dont hesitate to tell me i will even catch
> raindrop and post it to you without it loosing the form if you can help
> me.
> ehehheeheh
>
> Thanks for trying babes.
>
> Toy
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Ok.. click "advanced" and click "override" and "always allow" - see if
>> that
>> workd. If not you can then click default again.
>> The problem maybe in the advanced section of internet options, but I'm
>> not
>> too sure what it might be.
>>
>> --
>> Peter.
>> Toronto, Canada.
>> Windows XP Home SP2.
>> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
>> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there Peter, thanks a mil babes, but i do have one prob i did what
>> > you
>> > said and default was not highlighted only import and advanced and my
>> > privacy
>> > settings for the internet zone is on Medium. I have XP. If you can
>> > assist i
>> > will be greatfull.
>> >
>> > Thanks a ton !!
>> >
>> > Toy

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 3:10:50 PM

Greetings Toy,

Here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already:

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3. Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf to
something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I do hope i will be able to get some help. But i am positive about that.
>
> I downloaded msn messenger so many times and still i experience the same
> probs. The message i get when i want to log on is " We are unable to sign
> you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the
> serice or with the Internet connection. Please make sure that you are
> connected to the Internet. 0x81000301."
>
> I am connected to the Internet i am sure the connections are correct, so i
> dont know where the problem is .. We have a firewall but i do not think thats
> where the probs is cause the others in the building are able to go onto msn
> messenger and we all using the same server.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Toy
August 27, 2004 3:33:03 AM

Hi there Peter

Hope your day is wonderful so far. Well babes i will try anything i just
cant make out if its 96 or %. I really think its %. Would you mind letting
me know. That raindrop i post minutes ago .. eheheh .

Thanks for helping

Regards

Toy

"Peter" wrote:

> After some research using Google.... one solution is to get into your .net
> passport another way than thru' MSN Messenger... change the password.
> The other "cure???" is this:
> - Windows 2000 or Windows XP users
> 1) Click Start > Run
> 2) Type: %appdata%\Microsoft and press enter.
> 3) Right-click the MSN Messenger folder and delete it.
>
> Now restart MSN Messenger and try to sign in again...
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> Windows XP Home SP2.
> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks babes ... i just tried it NO LUCK, i wish i have the solution. If
> > you
> > know of anything else i can try dont hesitate to tell me i will even catch
> > raindrop and post it to you without it loosing the form if you can help
> > me.
> > ehehheeheh
> >
> > Thanks for trying babes.
> >
> > Toy
> >
> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> >> Ok.. click "advanced" and click "override" and "always allow" - see if
> >> that
> >> workd. If not you can then click default again.
> >> The problem maybe in the advanced section of internet options, but I'm
> >> not
> >> too sure what it might be.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter.
> >> Toronto, Canada.
> >> Windows XP Home SP2.
> >> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
> >> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

August 27, 2004 3:37:32 AM

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for helping, my clock is set my password is only 6 caracters and its
correct cause i can get into my hotmail account. The firewall i am not sure,
but i mean if the settings is incorrect or blocking it why does other have
access to theirs. I always clear my cookies. I did the Run and it was
successful. And the certifucate revocation was unchecked and the SSL was both
clicked on.

Thanks for trying to help angel.

I would appreciate if you can think of anything else.

Cheers

Toy

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Toy,
>
> Here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already:
>
> 1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
> the time and date are set.
> 2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
> correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
> 3. Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf to
> something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
> 4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
> that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
> upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
> if this is the case.
> 5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
> restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
> installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
> 6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
> Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
> Delete Cookies button.
> 7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
> Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
> for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
> 3.0' is checked, then click OK.
> 8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
> regsvr32 softpub.dll
> then click OK
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I do hope i will be able to get some help. But i am positive about that.
> >
> > I downloaded msn messenger so many times and still i experience the same
> > probs. The message i get when i want to log on is " We are unable to sign
> > you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the
> > serice or with the Internet connection. Please make sure that you are
> > connected to the Internet. 0x81000301."
> >
> > I am connected to the Internet i am sure the connections are correct, so i
> > dont know where the problem is .. We have a firewall but i do not think thats
> > where the probs is cause the others in the building are able to go onto msn
> > messenger and we all using the same server.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Toy

August 27, 2004 3:55:07 AM

Dear Peter

My apology i see it is "%" and thanks i did what you said.

xx

!