A unique I'd like to see in 1.12

A plain gold ring called "The One." There would be only one for each realm.

It's properties while being held (but not worn) are as follows:

-Increased radius of perception (the overhead perspective is increased by
50%, so you become smaller, but you can see twice as far on the map)
-All enemies stop and bow to you as you pass, then die and give double the
experience
-Stamina is reduced by 50%
-FRW is reduced by 25%
-5 to life (or whatever that timed life drain thing is called, I'm thinking
of the Ring of Constriction)
-Length of time while carried slowly increases chances of players' character
transforming into hideous amalgalm of Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.

Properties while equipped:

-Invisibility (except for your shadow, which though ethereal, may give you
away)
-Invincibility
+10 to all skills
+20 to all attributes
-Length of time while equipped exponentially increases chances of players'
character transforming into hideous amalgalm of Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.

Those hardy adventurers who can defeat this nightmarish apparition (which
will require one of each character class at lvl 99 working in concert) will
be given the opportunity (or temptation) to take The One for themselves.

And so it goes . . .

Dave S.

Whaddaya think?

I just finished reading LOTR for like the 4th or 5th time, so I'm just
letting my geek loose for a few days!

Nah! He'd probably drop it in the nearest volcano and destroy ALL the
monsters in one fell swoop ;-)

Not a bad idea, but there will always be some little barstad that tosses
the thing away (or, more likely, just sells it) and loses it for
everybody.
;)
--
Not 1337.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Polarhound wrote:
> David Simmons wrote:
> > A plain gold ring called "The One." There would be only one for each realm.
>
> The Ring of Power 'The One Ring' (+15,+15)
> It increases all your stats by 5. It increases your speed by 5. It
> provides immunity to acid, lightning, fire, and cold. It provides
> resistance to poison, fear, blindness, nether, and disenchantment. It
> sustains all your stats. It speeds your regeneration. It grants you the
> power of telepathy and the ability to see invisible things, but it also
> aggravates creatures around you, drains experience, and is permanently
> cursed. It activates for bizarre things every 30+d30 turns. It cannot be
> harmed by the elements.
> Level 100, Rarity 100, 0.2 lbs, 5000000 AU

Nah. How 'bout this:

Cannot be sold, dropped or traded. Grants permanent decrepify (on
self!) when carried (including stash). Grants permanent level 20 fade &
cloak of shadows when worn. Cannot be removed once equiped.

1/10 chance per day of spontaneously dissapearing from character, even
if not played.
1/60 chance per minute of spontaneously dropping, leaving you stunned
for 10 seconds.

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>A plain gold ring called "The One." There would be only one for each
>realm.
>
> It's properties while being held (but not worn) are as follows:
>
> -Increased radius of perception (the overhead perspective is increased by
> 50%, so you become smaller, but you can see twice as far on the map)
> -All enemies stop and bow to you as you pass, then die and give double the
> experience
> -Stamina is reduced by 50%
> -FRW is reduced by 25%
> -5 to life (or whatever that timed life drain thing is called, I'm
> thinking of the Ring of Constriction)
> -Length of time while carried slowly increases chances of players'
> character transforming into hideous amalgalm of Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.
>
> Properties while equipped:
>
> -Invisibility (except for your shadow, which though ethereal, may give you
> away)
> -Invincibility
> +10 to all skills
> +20 to all attributes
> -Length of time while equipped exponentially increases chances of players'
> character transforming into hideous amalgalm of Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.
>
> Those hardy adventurers who can defeat this nightmarish apparition (which
> will require one of each character class at lvl 99 working in concert)
> will be given the opportunity (or temptation) to take The One for
> themselves.
>
> And so it goes . . .
>
> Dave S.
>
> Whaddaya think?
>
> I just finished reading LOTR for like the 4th or 5th time, so I'm just
> letting my geek loose for a few days!

Invincibility? You cant be serious.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, "David Simmons" wrote:

>> -All enemies stop and bow to you as you pass, then die and give double the
>> experience

This item must have a -100% experience penalty. NOT ONE person to wear
and use it learned anything while wearing it.

(except not to wear it)

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Shiflet wrote:
> "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>

> > I just finished reading LOTR for like the 4th or 5th time, so I'm just
> > letting my geek loose for a few days!
>
> Since I'm reading the Elric saga, here's another fantasy weapon for you:
>
> Stormbringer
> Champion Sword
> Indestructible
> +400% Enhanced Damage
> +50-100 damage
> +2 all skill levels
> 30% Increased Attack Speed
> 20% life stolen per hit
> +40 Strength
> +40 Vitality
> +25% Attack Rating
> Requirements reduced by 50%
> +15 life per kill
> 5% chance to cast lvl 3 Howl upon striking

2% chance to silently go "hostile" upon a nearby ally without intending
to.
-10 Life Regeneration
-10% To Experience Gained

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:47:21 -0500, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>
wrote:

>> "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>

>> > I just finished reading LOTR for like the 4th or 5th time, so I'm just
>> > letting my geek loose for a few days!
>>
>> Since I'm reading the Elric saga, here's another fantasy weapon for you:
>>
>> Stormbringer
>> Champion Sword
>> Indestructible
>> +400% Enhanced Damage
>> +50-100 damage
>> +2 all skill levels
>> 30% Increased Attack Speed
>> 20% life stolen per hit
>> +40 Strength
>> +40 Vitality
>> +25% Attack Rating
>> Requirements reduced by 50%
>> +15 life per kill
>> 5% chance to cast lvl 3 Howl upon striking

This doesn't look even close to Stormbringer...
100% Crushing Blow
100% chance to cast level 20 bash upon striking
(stormbringer's victims were not able to strike back as though they'd
only suffered a flesh wound...)