Info on Diablo 3

Some guy who claims to have a friend that works for Blizzard was
talking about the expansion for World of Warcraft, in the WOW forums.
He said he had proof in the form of screenshots that he was tellign the
truth. So he posted 4 screenshots of someones email box, that was a
Vivendi employee. What makes this all the more intesting is that his
posts kept getting deleted within a few minutes of being posted.
Anyway there was a list of folders at the top of the screenshots that
had game titles. One of the 4 was Diablo 3.

Here's hoping...

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

lastexit99 wrote:
> Some guy who claims to have a friend that works for Blizzard was
> talking about the expansion for World of Warcraft, in the WOW forums.
> He said he had proof in the form of screenshots that he was tellign the
> truth. So he posted 4 screenshots of someones email box, that was a
> Vivendi employee. What makes this all the more intesting is that his
> posts kept getting deleted within a few minutes of being posted.
> Anyway there was a list of folders at the top of the screenshots that
> had game titles. One of the 4 was Diablo 3.

So, a friend of some guy might have said something but can't show any
proof... interesting.

I guess what got me was Blizzard has never said anything about Diablo
3, and finally here was a (albeit sketchy) peice of Blizzard internal
info that actually had the name Diablo 3 on it. Like I said Blizzard
Deleted these posts as soon as they appeared which only makes the case
stronger. They have left some other posts speculating about the
expansion stay up before but these they deleted because there were
email addresses on the screen shots he had. Maybe i didn't explain
very well what the screenshots were of and what the guy was trying to
prove. The screen shots were "captures" of a Vivendi employees inbox
and folders. there were 4 screenshots in all, and 2 were actual emails
about WOW. Important to this Newsgroup was that there was 4 folders on
this screen. One for Diablo2, one for WOW, one for WC3, & one for
Diablo 3. Now then the guy who posted these was trying to prove that
he had a friend that worked for Blizzard. Not anything about the
expansion to WOW. SO like I said its interesting at least, and while I
don't trust much of anything like this, it was nice to see a mention of
diablo 3 that came from Blizzard.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:56:04 -0400, lastexit99 <lastexit99@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Maybe i didn't explain
> very well what the screenshots were of and what the guy was trying to
> prove. The screen shots were "captures" of a Vivendi employees inbox
> and folders. there were 4 screenshots in all, and 2 were actual emails
> about WOW. Important to this Newsgroup was that there was 4 folders on
> this screen. One for Diablo2, one for WOW, one for WC3, & one for
> Diablo 3.

Did any part of them resemble this? ;-)

http://www.freewebs.com/freemont/diablo3.jpg

--
They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
And they've gone wrong!

On 10 Aug 2005 10:30:45 -0700, lastexit99 wrote:

> What makes this all the more intesting is that his
> posts kept getting deleted within a few minutes of being posted.

Why didn't he upload the screens to a free site and post the link to, say,
usenet?

These claims are frequent and, well, it doesn't take all that much to
"guess" that there will be a WoW expansion and possibly D3. Even Gamespot
mentioned D3 a few days ago when they announced the closing of Blizzard
North. And the expansion for WoW is perfectly logical, considering the
game's commercial success.

M.

"lastexit99" <lastexit99@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]
>SO like I said its interesting at least, and while I don't
>trust much of anything like this, it was nice to see a mention
>of diablo 3 that came from Blizzard.

As a denial, or what do you mean?

As long as there is no official statement from the company itself, for
the public D3 will remain what it is: speculation.

J:
NP: -
--
http://here.is/ripley/
Mischief, Mayhem, Soap

"freemont" <yabba@dabba.doo> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:56:04 -0400, lastexit99 <lastexit99@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe i didn't explain
>> very well what the screenshots were of and what the guy was trying to
>> prove. The screen shots were "captures" of a Vivendi employees inbox
>> and folders. there were 4 screenshots in all, and 2 were actual emails
>> about WOW. Important to this Newsgroup was that there was 4 folders on
>> this screen. One for Diablo2, one for WOW, one for WC3, & one for
>> Diablo 3.
>
> Did any part of them resemble this? ;-)
>
> http://www.freewebs.com/freemont/diablo3.jpg
>
> --