Fastest way to lvl from 25 to 30?

I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
I can then try to solo Meph?
17 answers Last reply
More about fastest

    DeltaLima wrote:
    > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
    > I can then try to solo Meph?

    Act 3 isn't going to give you much experience at that level. At 25, you
    should almost be leaving Act 4 and starting in on the Foothills in Act
    5.
    --
    Zamboni

    DeltaLima wrote:
    > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
    > I can then try to solo Meph?

    Once you hit 25, the fastest is Baal minion runs. Not sure if you can
    do it, but that's the fastest.

    Try jumping into a full 'Mule Park' game and running from there ...
    heh. Monsters are tougher than all get out and *believe* me you'll
    level. You may or may not be able to quest in such games; totally
    contingent on who made the room and what quests they've completed.

    I 'power level' this way quite often in both the HC & SC (NL & L)
    realms. I generally won't promote my characters to Nightmare until
    level 45, then wait until level 75 to promote to Hell level.

    Makes for a longer run sometimes, but seriously enhances survivability
    in hell mode ... especially for HC\HCL characters!

    Pendraig-HKW
    Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch

    chaliban wrote:
    > DeltaLima wrote:
    > > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
    > > I can then try to solo Meph?
    >
    > Once you hit 25, the fastest is Baal minion runs. Not sure if you can
    > do it, but that's the fastest.

    Use the table below to determine where to level.

    Fight monsters that are +/- 5 levels of your level. More players = more
    experience. Period.

    Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location

    1_________36__________67______­__Blood Moor
    2_________36__________68______­__Cold Plains
    4_________37__________68______­__Stony Field
    5_________38__________68______­__Dark Wood
    6_________38__________69______­__Black Marsh
    8_________39__________69______­__Tamoe Highland
    1_________36__________79______­__Den of Evil
    2_________36__________77______­__Cave Level 1
    4_________37__________69______­__Underground Passage Level 1
    5_________38__________80______­__Hole Level 1
    7_________39__________85______­__Pit Level 1
    2_________37__________78______­__Cave Level 2
    4_________38__________83______­__Underground Passage Level 2
    5_________39__________81______­__Hole Level 2
    7_________40__________85______­__Pit Level 2
    3_________36__________80______­__Burial Grounds
    3_________37__________83______­__Crypt
    3_________37__________85______­__Mausoleum
    7_________38__________75______­__Tower Cellar Level 1
    7_________39__________76______­__Tower Cellar Level 2
    7_________40__________77______­__Tower Cellar Level 3
    7_________41__________78______­__Tower Cellar Level 4
    7_________42__________79______­__Tower Cellar Level 5
    8_________40__________70______­__Monastery Gate
    9_________40__________70______­__Outer Cloister
    9_________40__________70______­__Barracks
    10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 1
    10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 2
    10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 3
    10________41__________72______­__Inner Cloister
    11________42__________72______­__Cathedral
    11________42__________72______­__Catacombs Level 1
    11________42__________73______­__Catacombs Level 2
    12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 3
    12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 4
    6_________39__________76______­__Tristram
    28________64__________81______­__Moo Moo Farm
    14________43__________75______­__Rocky Waste
    15________44__________76______­__Dry Hills
    16________45__________76______­__Far Oasis
    17________46__________77______­__Lost City
    18________46__________77______­__Valley of Snakes
    16________48__________79______­__Canyon of the Magi
    13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 1
    13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 2
    14________44__________75______­__Sewers Level 3
    13________47__________78______­__Harem Level 2
    13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 1
    13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 2
    13________48__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 3
    12________44__________78______­__Stony Tomb Level 1
    12________44__________79______­__Halls of the Dead Level 1
    13________45__________81______­__Halls of the Dead Level 2
    14________47__________82______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 1
    12________44__________79______­__Stony Tomb Level 2
    13________45__________82______­__Halls of the Dead Level 3
    14________47__________83______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 2
    17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 1
    17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 2
    17________46__________85______­__Maggot Lair Level 3
    17________46__________85______­__Ancient Tunnels
    17________49__________80______­__Tal Rasha's Tomb
    17________49__________80______­__Duriel's Lair
    14________48__________79______­__Arcane Sanctuary
    21________49__________79______­__Spider Forest
    21________50__________80______­__Great Marsh
    22________50__________80______­__Flayer Jungle_______________
    22________52__________80______­__Lower Kurast________________
    22________52__________81______­__Kurast Bazaar_______________
    23________52__________81______­__Upper Kurast________________
    24________53__________81______­__Kurast Causeway_____________
    24________54__________82______­__Travincal___________________
    21________50__________79______­__Spider Cave_________________(Arac
    Lair)
    21________50__________79______­__Spider Cavern_______________
    21________51__________80______­__Swampy Pit Level 1__________
    21________51__________81______­__Swampy Pit Level 2__________
    22________51__________81______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 1______
    22________51__________82______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 2______
    21________51__________82______­__Swampy Pit Level 3__________
    22________51__________83______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 3______
    23________52__________84______­__Sewers Level 1______________
    24________53__________85______­__Sewers Level 2______________
    23________53__________84______­__Ruined Temple_______________(Kur
    Bazaar)
    23________53__________84______­__Disused Fane________________(Kur
    Bazaar)
    23________53__________84______­__Forgotten Reliquary_________(Upper
    Kur)
    24________54__________85______­__Forgotten Temple____________(Upper
    Kur)
    24________54__________85______­__Ruined Fane_________________(Kur
    Causeway)
    24________54__________85______­__Disused Reliquary___________(Kur
    Causeway)
    25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 1_____
    25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 2_____
    25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 3_____
    26________56__________82______­__Outer Steppes_______________
    26________56__________83______­__Plains of Despair___________
    27________57__________84______­__City of the Damned__________
    27________57__________85______­__River of Flame______________
    28________58__________85______­__Chaos Sanctum_______________
    24________58__________80______­__Bloody Foothills____________
    25________59__________81______­__Frigid Highlands____________
    26________60__________81______­__Arreat Plateau______________
    29________61__________82______­__Crystalized Cavern Level 1__(Cryst
    Psge)
    29________61__________83______­__Cellar of Pity______________(Frzn
    Rvr)
    29________61__________83______­__Crystalized Cavern Level 2__(Glac
    Trl)
    29________61__________84______­__Echo Chamber________________(Drfr
    Cvrn)
    27________60__________81______­__Tundra Wastelands___________(Frzn
    Tnda)
    29________62__________82______­__Glacial Caves Level 1_______(Anc's
    Way)
    29________62__________83______­__Glacial Caves Level 2_______(Icy Clr)

    37________68__________87______­__Rocky Summit________________(Arr Smt)

    32________63__________83______­__Nihlathaks Temple___________
    33________63__________83______­__Halls of Anguish____________
    34________64__________84______­__Halls of Death's Calling____(Halls
    Pain)
    36________64__________84______­__Halls of Vaught_____________
    39________60__________81______­__Hell1_______________________­(Abaddon)

    39________61__________82______­__Hell2_______________________­(Pit of
    Ach)
    39________62__________83______­__Hell3_______________________­(Inf
    Pit)
    39________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 1_
    40________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 2_
    42________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 3_
    43________66__________85______­__Throne of Destruction_______
    43________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Chamber

    Jason wrote:
    <snip table>

    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512

    I found this more useful than the area listings. The area level
    listings are good for finding places to MF. Try that table. I found it
    useful when you used to have to level mercs and the same principles
    apply.

    Fastest: As I said earlier, get rushed past Ancients (probably another
    level right there) and leech exp from Baal runs.

    Otherwise: As misifit said, act 4.

    chaliban wrote:
    > Jason wrote:
    > <snip table>
    >
    > http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512
    >
    > I found this more useful than the area listings. The area level
    > listings are good for finding places to MF. Try that table. I found it
    > useful when you used to have to level mercs and the same principles
    > apply.
    >
    > Fastest: As I said earlier, get rushed past Ancients (probably another
    > level right there) and leech exp from Baal runs.
    >
    > Otherwise: As misifit said, act 4.

    The fastest way to level is to level in areas close to your clvl. Act 4
    or normal is lvl 26-28, exactly where a level 25-30 char should be. In
    a multiplayer game you will get even more experience.

    Concerning leeching, Baal's area is level 42 or thereabouts. A level 25
    char in a level 42 area will only get a small percentage of actual
    experience available. In addition, he will be unable to contribute to
    the actual killing, and will stand a good chance of dying. It's better
    to get a party together and raid act 4.

    Depends on the group I think. Nothing faster than chcanated claw in
    cows 20-25 though. Now all I have to do is find me a damn Ravenclaw.

    SjoerdH wrote:
    > Jason wrote:
    >
    > > The fastest way to level is to level in areas close to your clvl. Act 4
    > > or normal is lvl 26-28, exactly where a level 25-30 char should be. In
    > > a multiplayer game you will get even more experience.
    > >
    > > Concerning leeching, Baal's area is level 42 or thereabouts. A level 25
    > > char in a level 42 area will only get a small percentage of actual
    > > experience available. In addition, he will be unable to contribute to
    > > the actual killing, and will stand a good chance of dying. It's better
    > > to get a party together and raid act 4.
    >
    > It's all a matter of preference. I can assure you, a level 25 character
    > can level very quickly in good Baal runs. From about level 25 on the
    > experience penalty drops quickly and the base experience per kill is
    > very high. Death can be avoided by careful play (or ignored, just grab a
    > portal, fetch your corpse and pretend nothing happened) and in big Baal
    > running games people usually don't mind a couple of leechers. After 5-10
    > runs you should've gained enough experience to contribute to the effort,
    > unless some uber character is doing all the killing anyway.

    *sigh* This is exactly the reason I make level requirements on games.
    If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room.

    "DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message
    > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else
    > so I can then try to solo Meph?

    Find a good game of Cows

    angst aka poindexstar

    "svenbo" <x@s.net> wrote in message

    > "DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What
    else
    > > so I can then try to solo Meph?
    > >

    > Find a good game of Cows
    >
    > angst aka poindexstar

    I've done the enchantress boosting a raven claw equipped char vs cows, and
    while safer than a baal run for a char between 20-30, it is slower.

    I have been in baal run games that took less than 3 min from start to the
    end of listers pack. Leeching from them you can lvl to 30 in no time at all.
    On the other hand I have been in baal run games that hem and haw and bust up
    when no one can get to the throne. Somedays you get lucky and find a group
    that just chews the minions apart, other times you get chewed.

    Cows with an enchantress and a exploding arrow bow are slower, but safer.

    Without the enchantress and raven claw, I won't even send chars to cows.

    svenbo wrote:
    > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > SjoerdH wrote:
    > >> Jason wrote:
    >
    > > *sigh* This is exactly the reason I make level requirements on games.
    > > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room.
    > >

    > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..
    >
    > huh?
    >
    > angst aka poindexstar

    Oops. Type-o. I meant "can't".

    It has been one of those days... :(

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > SjoerdH wrote:
    >> Jason wrote:

    > *sigh* This is exactly the reason I make level requirements on games.
    > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room.

    If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..

    huh?

    angst aka poindexstar

    Thanks all.. I'll give a try at Mephisto. I want to solo him so I can get
    what he will drop. Too many times unknown played took what I was looking
    for...

    Jason wrote:

    > The fastest way to level is to level in areas close to your clvl. Act 4
    > or normal is lvl 26-28, exactly where a level 25-30 char should be. In
    > a multiplayer game you will get even more experience.
    >
    > Concerning leeching, Baal's area is level 42 or thereabouts. A level 25
    > char in a level 42 area will only get a small percentage of actual
    > experience available. In addition, he will be unable to contribute to
    > the actual killing, and will stand a good chance of dying. It's better
    > to get a party together and raid act 4.

    It's all a matter of preference. I can assure you, a level 25 character
    can level very quickly in good Baal runs. From about level 25 on the
    experience penalty drops quickly and the base experience per kill is
    very high. Death can be avoided by careful play (or ignored, just grab a
    portal, fetch your corpse and pretend nothing happened) and in big Baal
    running games people usually don't mind a couple of leechers. After 5-10
    runs you should've gained enough experience to contribute to the effort,
    unless some uber character is doing all the killing anyway.

    Of course, the whole rushing and leeching thing is boring as hell, but
    it does work.

    Sjoerd

    Jason wrote:

    > > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..
    > >
    > > huh?
    > >
    > Oops. Type-o. I meant "can't".
    >
    > It has been one of those days... :(

    We just thought you were being greedy.
    --
    Zamboni

    Zamboni wrote:
    > Jason wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..
    > > >
    > > > huh?
    > > >
    > > Oops. Type-o. I meant "can't".
    > >
    > > It has been one of those days... :(
    >
    > We just thought you were being greedy.
    > --
    > Zamboni

    LOL. I'm just uber stressed. Work is insane. 12 hour days are killing
    me, and the freeways here in LA are hideous. It took me 90 minutes to
    drive home last night.... woe... is... me (hears violins playing in the
    distance)

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> a écrit dans le message de news:
    42fca4c9$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
    > chaliban wrote:
    > However, this is all moot. The OP is still in act 3, wanting to get
    > experience/levels so he can run Mephy.

    Finally I got him being a level 25.. I wasn't sure because I'm saving my
    skill point and didn't want to up a spell I don't really need after. Long
    time I haven't plyed also so didn't remember if I was fine, finally it seems
    so. :-)

Games Video Games