Fastest way to lvl from 25 to 30?

I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
I can then try to solo Meph?

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

chaliban wrote:
> DeltaLima wrote:
> > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
> > I can then try to solo Meph?
>
> Once you hit 25, the fastest is Baal minion runs. Not sure if you can
> do it, but that's the fastest.

Use the table below to determine where to level.

Fight monsters that are +/- 5 levels of your level. More players = more
experience. Period.

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location

1_________36__________67______­__Blood Moor
2_________36__________68______­__Cold Plains
4_________37__________68______­__Stony Field
5_________38__________68______­__Dark Wood
6_________38__________69______­__Black Marsh
8_________39__________69______­__Tamoe Highland
1_________36__________79______­__Den of Evil
2_________36__________77______­__Cave Level 1
4_________37__________69______­__Underground Passage Level 1
5_________38__________80______­__Hole Level 1
7_________39__________85______­__Pit Level 1
2_________37__________78______­__Cave Level 2
4_________38__________83______­__Underground Passage Level 2
5_________39__________81______­__Hole Level 2
7_________40__________85______­__Pit Level 2
3_________36__________80______­__Burial Grounds
3_________37__________83______­__Crypt
3_________37__________85______­__Mausoleum
7_________38__________75______­__Tower Cellar Level 1
7_________39__________76______­__Tower Cellar Level 2
7_________40__________77______­__Tower Cellar Level 3
7_________41__________78______­__Tower Cellar Level 4
7_________42__________79______­__Tower Cellar Level 5
8_________40__________70______­__Monastery Gate
9_________40__________70______­__Outer Cloister
9_________40__________70______­__Barracks
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 1
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 2
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 3
10________41__________72______­__Inner Cloister
11________42__________72______­__Cathedral
11________42__________72______­__Catacombs Level 1
11________42__________73______­__Catacombs Level 2
12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 3
12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 4
6_________39__________76______­__Tristram
28________64__________81______­__Moo Moo Farm
14________43__________75______­__Rocky Waste
15________44__________76______­__Dry Hills
16________45__________76______­__Far Oasis
17________46__________77______­__Lost City
18________46__________77______­__Valley of Snakes
16________48__________79______­__Canyon of the Magi
13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 1
13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 2
14________44__________75______­__Sewers Level 3
13________47__________78______­__Harem Level 2
13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 1
13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 2
13________48__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 3
12________44__________78______­__Stony Tomb Level 1
12________44__________79______­__Halls of the Dead Level 1
13________45__________81______­__Halls of the Dead Level 2
14________47__________82______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 1
12________44__________79______­__Stony Tomb Level 2
13________45__________82______­__Halls of the Dead Level 3
14________47__________83______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 2
17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 1
17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 2
17________46__________85______­__Maggot Lair Level 3
17________46__________85______­__Ancient Tunnels
17________49__________80______­__Tal Rasha's Tomb
17________49__________80______­__Duriel's Lair
14________48__________79______­__Arcane Sanctuary
21________49__________79______­__Spider Forest
21________50__________80______­__Great Marsh
22________50__________80______­__Flayer Jungle_______________
22________52__________80______­__Lower Kurast________________
22________52__________81______­__Kurast Bazaar_______________
23________52__________81______­__Upper Kurast________________
24________53__________81______­__Kurast Causeway_____________
24________54__________82______­__Travincal___________________
21________50__________79______­__Spider Cave_________________(Arac
Lair)
21________50__________79______­__Spider Cavern_______________
21________51__________80______­__Swampy Pit Level 1__________
21________51__________81______­__Swampy Pit Level 2__________
22________51__________81______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 1______
22________51__________82______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 2______
21________51__________82______­__Swampy Pit Level 3__________
22________51__________83______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 3______
23________52__________84______­__Sewers Level 1______________
24________53__________85______­__Sewers Level 2______________
23________53__________84______­__Ruined Temple_______________(Kur
Bazaar)
23________53__________84______­__Disused Fane________________(Kur
Bazaar)
23________53__________84______­__Forgotten Reliquary_________(Upper
Kur)
24________54__________85______­__Forgotten Temple____________(Upper
Kur)
24________54__________85______­__Ruined Fane_________________(Kur
Causeway)
24________54__________85______­__Disused Reliquary___________(Kur
Causeway)
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 1_____
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 2_____
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 3_____
26________56__________82______­__Outer Steppes_______________
26________56__________83______­__Plains of Despair___________
27________57__________84______­__City of the Damned__________
27________57__________85______­__River of Flame______________
28________58__________85______­__Chaos Sanctum_______________
24________58__________80______­__Bloody Foothills____________
25________59__________81______­__Frigid Highlands____________
26________60__________81______­__Arreat Plateau______________
29________61__________82______­__Crystalized Cavern Level 1__(Cryst
Psge)
29________61__________83______­__Cellar of Pity______________(Frzn
Rvr)
29________61__________83______­__Crystalized Cavern Level 2__(Glac
Trl)
29________61__________84______­__Echo Chamber________________(Drfr
Cvrn)
27________60__________81______­__Tundra Wastelands___________(Frzn
Tnda)
29________62__________82______­__Glacial Caves Level 1_______(Anc's
Way)
29________62__________83______­__Glacial Caves Level 2_______(Icy Clr)

37________68__________87______­__Rocky Summit________________(Arr Smt)

32________63__________83______­__Nihlathaks Temple___________
33________63__________83______­__Halls of Anguish____________
34________64__________84______­__Halls of Death's Calling____(Halls
Pain)
36________64__________84______­__Halls of Vaught_____________
39________60__________81______­__Hell1_______________________­(Abaddon)

39________61__________82______­__Hell2_______________________­(Pit of
Ach)
39________62__________83______­__Hell3_______________________­(Inf
Pit)
39________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 1_
40________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 2_
42________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 3_
43________66__________85______­__Throne of Destruction_______
43________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Chamber

Jason wrote:
<snip table>

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512

I found this more useful than the area listings. The area level
listings are good for finding places to MF. Try that table. I found it
useful when you used to have to level mercs and the same principles
apply.

Fastest: As I said earlier, get rushed past Ancients (probably another
level right there) and leech exp from Baal runs.

Otherwise: As misifit said, act 4.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

chaliban wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> <snip table>
>
> http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512
>
> I found this more useful than the area listings. The area level
> listings are good for finding places to MF. Try that table. I found it
> useful when you used to have to level mercs and the same principles
> apply.
>
> Fastest: As I said earlier, get rushed past Ancients (probably another
> level right there) and leech exp from Baal runs.
>
> Otherwise: As misifit said, act 4.

The fastest way to level is to level in areas close to your clvl. Act 4
or normal is lvl 26-28, exactly where a level 25-30 char should be. In
a multiplayer game you will get even more experience.

Concerning leeching, Baal's area is level 42 or thereabouts. A level 25
char in a level 42 area will only get a small percentage of actual
experience available. In addition, he will be unable to contribute to
the actual killing, and will stand a good chance of dying. It's better
to get a party together and raid act 4.

DeltaLima wrote:
> I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
> I can then try to solo Meph?

Act 3 isn't going to give you much experience at that level. At 25, you
should almost be leaving Act 4 and starting in on the Foothills in Act
5.
--
Zamboni

DeltaLima wrote:
> I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else so
> I can then try to solo Meph?

Once you hit 25, the fastest is Baal minion runs. Not sure if you can
do it, but that's the fastest.

Try jumping into a full 'Mule Park' game and running from there ...
heh. Monsters are tougher than all get out and *believe* me you'll
level. You may or may not be able to quest in such games; totally
contingent on who made the room and what quests they've completed.

I 'power level' this way quite often in both the HC & SC (NL & L)
realms. I generally won't promote my characters to Nightmare until
level 45, then wait until level 75 to promote to Hell level.

Makes for a longer run sometimes, but seriously enhances survivability
in hell mode ... especially for HC\HCL characters!

Pendraig-HKW
Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch

Depends on the group I think. Nothing faster than chcanated claw in
cows 20-25 though. Now all I have to do is find me a damn Ravenclaw.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

SjoerdH wrote:
> Jason wrote:
>
> > The fastest way to level is to level in areas close to your clvl. Act 4
> > or normal is lvl 26-28, exactly where a level 25-30 char should be. In
> > a multiplayer game you will get even more experience.
> >
> > Concerning leeching, Baal's area is level 42 or thereabouts. A level 25
> > char in a level 42 area will only get a small percentage of actual
> > experience available. In addition, he will be unable to contribute to
> > the actual killing, and will stand a good chance of dying. It's better
> > to get a party together and raid act 4.
>
> It's all a matter of preference. I can assure you, a level 25 character
> can level very quickly in good Baal runs. From about level 25 on the
> experience penalty drops quickly and the base experience per kill is
> very high. Death can be avoided by careful play (or ignored, just grab a
> portal, fetch your corpse and pretend nothing happened) and in big Baal
> running games people usually don't mind a couple of leechers. After 5-10
> runs you should've gained enough experience to contribute to the effort,
> unless some uber character is doing all the killing anyway.

*sigh* This is exactly the reason I make level requirements on games.
If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room.

"DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message
> I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What else
> so I can then try to solo Meph?

Find a good game of Cows

angst aka poindexstar

"svenbo" <x@s.net> wrote in message

> "DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message
> > I'm doing Trav run but it is soooooooo long and almost boring. What
else
> > so I can then try to solo Meph?
> >

> Find a good game of Cows
>
> angst aka poindexstar

I've done the enchantress boosting a raven claw equipped char vs cows, and
while safer than a baal run for a char between 20-30, it is slower.

I have been in baal run games that took less than 3 min from start to the
end of listers pack. Leeching from them you can lvl to 30 in no time at all.
On the other hand I have been in baal run games that hem and haw and bust up
when no one can get to the throne. Somedays you get lucky and find a group
that just chews the minions apart, other times you get chewed.

Cows with an enchantress and a exploding arrow bow are slower, but safer.

Without the enchantress and raven claw, I won't even send chars to cows.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

svenbo wrote:
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > SjoerdH wrote:
> >> Jason wrote:
>
> > *sigh* This is exactly the reason I make level requirements on games.
> > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room.
> >

> If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..
>
> huh?
>
> angst aka poindexstar

Oops. Type-o. I meant "can't".

It has been one of those days... :(

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> SjoerdH wrote:
>> Jason wrote:

> *sigh* This is exactly the reason I make level requirements on games.
> If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room.

If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..

huh?

angst aka poindexstar

Thanks all.. I'll give a try at Mephisto. I want to solo him so I can get
what he will drop. Too many times unknown played took what I was looking
for...

Jason wrote:

> The fastest way to level is to level in areas close to your clvl. Act 4
> or normal is lvl 26-28, exactly where a level 25-30 char should be. In
> a multiplayer game you will get even more experience.
>
> Concerning leeching, Baal's area is level 42 or thereabouts. A level 25
> char in a level 42 area will only get a small percentage of actual
> experience available. In addition, he will be unable to contribute to
> the actual killing, and will stand a good chance of dying. It's better
> to get a party together and raid act 4.

It's all a matter of preference. I can assure you, a level 25 character
can level very quickly in good Baal runs. From about level 25 on the
experience penalty drops quickly and the base experience per kill is
very high. Death can be avoided by careful play (or ignored, just grab a
portal, fetch your corpse and pretend nothing happened) and in big Baal
running games people usually don't mind a couple of leechers. After 5-10
runs you should've gained enough experience to contribute to the effort,
unless some uber character is doing all the killing anyway.

Of course, the whole rushing and leeching thing is boring as hell, but
it does work.

Sjoerd

Jason wrote:

> > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..
> >
> > huh?
> >
> Oops. Type-o. I meant "can't".
>
> It has been one of those days... :(

We just thought you were being greedy.
--
Zamboni

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Zamboni wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> > > >
> > > If you can help in the fight, then I don't want you in the room..
> > >
> > > huh?
> > >
> > Oops. Type-o. I meant "can't".
> >
> > It has been one of those days... :(
>
> We just thought you were being greedy.
> --
> Zamboni

LOL. I'm just uber stressed. Work is insane. 12 hour days are killing
me, and the freeways here in LA are hideous. It took me 90 minutes to
drive home last night.... woe... is... me (hears violins playing in the
distance)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> a écrit dans le message de news:
42fca4c9$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> chaliban wrote:
> However, this is all moot. The OP is still in act 3, wanting to get
> experience/levels so he can run Mephy.

Finally I got him being a level 25.. I wasn't sure because I'm saving my
skill point and didn't want to up a spell I don't really need after. Long
time I haven't plyed also so didn't remember if I was fine, finally it seems
so. :)

TRENDING THREADS