ATI Radeon 9700 AGP 8X

r3v

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
I bought this video card, but i also bought a motherboard with AGP4X only. Only now i noticed. Will i loose a lot of performance?
How stupid was i?
Thanks

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
unlikely to notice much diff, onyl really shows if you play games at low resolutions (ie 800x600 & lower)... a couple of fps lower at most or mebbie 300 3dmarks... somebody out there may have tested this... but the diff is marginal at best when U run 1024x768 & higher...

dont worry about it, you can alway buy a new board with 8x AGP if you think it is actually worth it... i dont think it is...

no-one shouts louder than someone who is being ignored, or in the case of techies, to be heard over the noise of their PC's ;-)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You won't loose any performance, and you were probably very smart to do it as many AGP8x BOARDS are having stability problems.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
I really doubt he´ll loose 300 3D marks. Maybe one or two, but you won´t feel a difference in "real-life".

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>