Almost 30k users banned

Account deleted and cd-key banned for the use of easymap o dloader for 1.11

It's ridicolous.

dloader is used for play without the cd inserted. They want you to insert
the cd in order to have the legit to play the game. U have bought the game,
u have original keys, but u cannot play it if u dont insert the cd
phisically in your computer. LOL

easymap reveals map. They want u to run around like a mad idiot chicken
looking for stairs and wp. They say this is fun and joy palying the game.
The map change every time u play and so com'on, run like an idiot to find
your way, spending the time of your life in nonsense activities. LOL

Bot the spam bots are still on b.net, the autopick bots are still there, the
dupers are still there... LOL

I can accept account deleting, but cd-keys banned for using dloader or
maphack? How many people use these programs? almost 75% or abitual users
that love play LOD. Blizzard is going to loose customers acting this way.
They don't listen to u, just want u to obey them.
57 answers Last reply
More about almost users banned

    I'm doubt if I can play with a CD image...
    Last night I was told to be restricted in a realm, but after reboot the
    game, everything just went fine...
    Lucky I was just playing with CD image and I have legal CDs and legal
    CD-Key in hand...

    tpc wrote:
    > Have fun in Guild Wars but let me warn you: they don't allow maphack
    > either. Good thing is you can play without your dvd ;)

    Am I correct in understanding that Guildwars is an online only game? or
    is it like D2?

    regards
    Grim

    Regarding the 'no-cd' crack; there is a way to play D2 directly from
    the hard drive. Real basic, I used a program called Alcohol 120% to
    create an exact copy of my D2 disk on my hard drive. Then installed a
    'Virtual Deamon' to simulate an additional CD-Rom drive.

    I find the game's response time improved dramatically. Do I personally
    think this is a cheat? Absolutely not! I paid for my D2 license\disks
    as well as for Alcohol 120% and Virtual Daemon. Software users *do*
    have the right to have one copy for archival storage.

    I have *never* had a problem running D2 in this manner.

    Alcohol 120%: http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/alcohol_info.php
    Virtual Daemon: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php

    Simply put, I'm running my *licensed* copy of D2 from my hard drive
    *instead* of the CD-Rom drive.

    Pendraig-HKW
    Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch
    http://hkw.diabloii.net/index.php?l=paladin.php

    Simple answer: Ignorance ... heh. Wasn't aware of Al120% emulator
    capabilities at the time. Already had Virtual Daemon from a different
    (work) project, so I used it. Did I purchase AL120%? Nope ... just
    used the trial version to make the image, and uninstalled it once I
    verified performance.

    Hey, it was a *trail version* ('',) ... I tried it, it worked, but I
    chose not to keep AL120% resident on my system. D2 is the only game I
    play, so I uninstalled the trial version of AL120% to keep things legal
    (am a software developer\analyst myself in RL)

    TM wrote:
    <cut>

    Just play WoW :/

    "Mroczny Baranek" <mroczny@baranek.No_sPaM.eu.org> ha scritto
    > Just play WoW :/

    No more blizzard games for me. I'll give my money to someone else. Maybe
    Guild War (made from 2 guys that worked to blizz) with free internet gaming
    like b.net. I think blizzard is choosing a rude attitude forcing people to
    play as blizzard want to. Really someone think that using a map revealer is
    like "hacking" the program? LOL. Map revealer don't damage anyone, it's a
    simple time saver. Without map revealer the game is full of pissing
    redundance and deadly boring. I understand an account deleting, but not a
    cd-key banning.

    I hope Blizzard go bankrupt soon, they don't know the meaning of costumer
    satisfaction.

    Look at the new rules blizzard is putting in the game! Loooollll.

    http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport&t=371234&p=1&tmp=1#new371234

    - quote on -

    If you can only not access ONE realm then you have a temporary IP
    restriction, usually due to spamming.
    Spamming is:
    Gambling, repeated requests for a new screen to see what you wish to gamble
    for
    Spells, repeated use of a spell with no cast delay such as AMP DMG or
    Glacial Spike can get you booted.
    Scrolling through skill selection using the mouse wheel.
    Shopping, going up and down a wp to refresh the screen in a shop (see
    gambling)
    Spamming, (original) repeated use of words quickly in a game or in chat.
    Muleing, repeatedly joining the same game, and leaving.
    Game spam: Repeatedly making/joining new games,
    The only cure I am afraid is TIME. Usually it clears between 15 mins and 48
    hours.
    DO NOT try to connect more than ONCE, if you do, you will find the
    restrction lasts longer and longer!
    Addendum: If you are certain YOU did not spam, maybe someone else on your IP
    DID, as the restriction is by IP it is possible on shared IPs that someone
    else is responsible for your restriction.

    - quote off -

    If you can't play the game without using Hack programs such as Maphack etc,
    don't play...simple as that.

    --
    Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in message
    > "Mroczny Baranek" <mroczny@baranek.No_sPaM.eu.org> ha scritto
    > > Just play WoW :/
    >
    > No more blizzard games for me. I'll give my money to someone else. Maybe
    > Guild War (made from 2 guys that worked to blizz) with free internet
    gaming
    > like b.net. I think blizzard is choosing a rude attitude forcing people to
    > play as blizzard want to. Really someone think that using a map revealer
    is
    > like "hacking" the program? LOL. Map revealer don't damage anyone, it's a
    > simple time saver. Without map revealer the game is full of pissing
    > redundance and deadly boring. I understand an account deleting, but not a
    > cd-key banning.
    >
    > I hope Blizzard go bankrupt soon, they don't know the meaning of costumer
    > satisfaction.
    >
    > Look at the new rules blizzard is putting in the game! Loooollll.

    http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport&t=371234&p=1&tmp=1#new371234

    > - quote on -
    >
    > If you can only not access ONE realm then you have a temporary IP
    > restriction, usually due to spamming.
    > Spamming is:
    > Gambling, repeated requests for a new screen to see what you wish to
    gamble
    > for
    > Spells, repeated use of a spell with no cast delay such as AMP DMG or
    > Glacial Spike can get you booted.
    > Scrolling through skill selection using the mouse wheel.
    > Shopping, going up and down a wp to refresh the screen in a shop (see
    > gambling)
    > Spamming, (original) repeated use of words quickly in a game or in chat.
    > Muleing, repeatedly joining the same game, and leaving.
    > Game spam: Repeatedly making/joining new games,
    > The only cure I am afraid is TIME. Usually it clears between 15 mins and
    48
    > hours.
    > DO NOT try to connect more than ONCE, if you do, you will find the
    > restrction lasts longer and longer!
    > Addendum: If you are certain YOU did not spam, maybe someone else on your
    IP
    > DID, as the restriction is by IP it is possible on shared IPs that someone
    > else is responsible for your restriction.

    Blizzard have always had a reputation of not caring about their customers.
    Thats why their customers are never asked for their input or idea's & all
    requests for fixes get ignored.

    If your gonna go searching for game manufacturers that DO care about the
    people that pay for their game though.... good luck -=- you wont find many
    ;¬)

    Blizzard, EA, etc all make games for one thing... money.
    If people continue to buy their games then thats all they want/need... they
    dont care about you or anyone else because ultimately you and all the other
    people they step on will STILL buy their new games if they look good enough.

    About the only games company I liked was Origin... but they sold UO to EA...
    who instantly wrecked it to get more morons to buy / play the game (therefor
    loosing hundreds of dedicated players & gaining thousands of morons who
    wanted quick XP, etc).

    Like it or not... games companies nowadays dont care about their customers.
    You paid your money... thats all they ever wanted. You broke a "ToS" (no
    matter how stupid)... so they can exlude you from the deal that you bought
    D2 for (online play). Cry about it... but dont act like you never knew it
    would happen.

    D2 rules, ToS & ingame activity will get more and more restrictive until
    they stop "supporting" the game on bNet or it becomes useless to try
    playing. Then D2 games will slowly leave the shops & blizzard will move all
    attention to a new income stream.

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)

    TM wrote:
    > "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> ha scritto
    > > What? dloader is there for having several games open at the same time
    >
    > Go and read blizz forum. U find blizz people say u dloader is hacking 'cause
    > make an illegal copy of the cd on yuor hard disk. U r legal to use only
    > original cd and if they become corrupted u have to contact blizzard that
    > send u a new one. Lol. They said maphack is hacking because in the name
    > there is the term "map" but the term "hack" too. Lol, these blizz folk are
    > goofy.
    >
    > > I already played
    > > on the new ladder, without being banned.
    >
    > Yep, 'cause they are not able to detect u. But u r doing against blizz
    > rules, so u r a hacker and they should ban u like the ones use easymap.
    >
    > > Huh? That doesn't even remotely look like the official version from
    > > http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0689p
    >
    > I have given u the link to the bnet forum where a blizz one said what i
    > quoted.
    >
    > > This makes no sense.
    >
    > Exactly. Blizzard is touching the bottom of idiocy.
    >
    > > A CD image loader is external, it does just
    > > provide a means to *start* the game, but has no influence on the course
    > > of the game itself.
    >
    > U r wrong. U cannot use blizzard game files as u want, even off line. U r
    > breaking the rules and, for blizzard, u should be persecuted by a law suit
    > against u and all the hackers like u. Lol.
    >
    > > you had checked for the term "maphack" in
    > > this group, you would have found out that the majority here don't
    > > regard it as something "harmless", but rather a cheat.
    >
    > Yep, a cheat that blizzard call "hacking" and that make blizzard to cancel
    > almost 36k acconts and ban almost 36k cd-keys all over the world. It's a
    > shame.

    *Gack!* Typing 'u' every five letters is cool when chatting, but looks
    really stupid when reading in a long post like this. *I'm freakin' out
    here!*

    BTW, what ever happened to U? Once can't post almost 5,000 messages to
    agd2 and then simply dissappear from the face of the Earth.

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote:

    >Gambling, repeated requests for a new screen to see what you wish to gamble
    >for

    I spent probalby twenty minutes straight gambling yesterday for
    circlets and this did not happen to me. I bet it only happens if the
    requests are coming super fast for a long time to make it look like a
    bot.

    >Spells, repeated use of a spell with no cast delay such as AMP DMG or
    >Glacial Spike can get you booted.
    >Scrolling through skill selection using the mouse wheel.

    Why? I don't get this one.

    >Shopping, going up and down a wp to refresh the screen in a shop (see
    >gambling)

    Eh, I doubt it. In 1.10 at least I spent tons and tons of time going
    back and forth to find some good claws with amp damage from the chick
    by Pindle's portal. I understood why others use shopbots by the time
    I found what I wanted. lol.

    >Muleing, repeatedly joining the same game, and leaving.

    Unless it is new, I doubt this. Before I took a break and
    accidentally let my characters expire, I had ten accounts or so full
    of characters and when I made a mule game it could take an hour of
    going in and out of the same game. Of course it wasn't all with one
    character but it was all from the same IP.

    --

    Weretable and the Undead Chairs

    USWest - weretable

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    EA...
    > who instantly wrecked it to get more morons to buy / play the game
    (therefor
    > loosing hundreds of dedicated players & gaining thousands of morons who
    > wanted quick XP, etc).
    >
    > Like it or not... games companies nowadays dont care about their
    customers.
    > You paid your money... thats all they ever wanted. You broke a "ToS" (no
    > matter how stupid)... so they can exlude you from the deal that you bought
    > D2 for (online play). Cry about it... but dont act like you never knew it
    > would happen.
    >
    > D2 rules, ToS & ingame activity will get more and more restrictive until
    > they stop "supporting" the game on bNet or it becomes useless to try
    > playing. Then D2 games will slowly leave the shops & blizzard will move

    they probably only banned them to clear server space for WoW or something
    like that.................

    "The Kurgan" <kurgan@taals.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> [...]
    > customers.
    > > You paid your money... thats all they ever wanted. You broke a "ToS"
    (no
    > > matter how stupid)... so they can exlude you from the deal that you
    bought
    > > D2 for (online play). Cry about it... but dont act like you never knew
    it
    > > would happen.
    > >
    > > D2 rules, ToS & ingame activity will get more and more restrictive until
    > > they stop "supporting" the game on bNet or it becomes useless to try
    > > playing. Then D2 games will slowly leave the shops & blizzard will move
    > all
    > > attention to a new income stream.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    > > (Please reply to group only)
    > >

    > they probably only banned them to clear server space for WoW or something

    Maybe... but I dont see as many "I had no damn hacks!!!" being posted on
    forums, etc as last time... so maybe this banning about "hacks" was real &
    not just a mass random ban (this time) ;¬)

    --

    "GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in news:1123849229.355600.265020
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > tpc wrote:
    >> Have fun in Guild Wars but let me warn you: they don't allow maphack
    >> either. Good thing is you can play without your dvd ;)
    >
    > Am I correct in understanding that Guildwars is an online only game? or
    > is it like D2?

    Guildwars is a online only game and is quite a lot of fun. I have played it
    for about 20 hours so far and can give a review of my impressions so far if
    you would like.

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> ha scritto
    > can give a review of my impressions so far if you would like.

    I would like, thak you :)

    TM wrote:
    > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> ha scritto
    > > *Gack!* Typing 'u' every five letters is cool when chatting, but looks
    > > really stupid when reading in a long post like this. *I'm freakin' out
    >
    > English is not my natural language. Why don't you write in french or italian
    > languages? Sure you know an european language, don't you? When you will try
    > probably will be my turn to laugh in your face :)

    Si Tu preferes francais, mais bien sur, on peut ecriver comme ca. Mais,
    mon frere, il y a un grand difference entre un error qu'on fait parce
    que la langue qu'on utilize n'est pas leur langue propre, et parce que
    on decide a se present le foulle.

    There, have fun with that. I'm sure it's full of errors, and I'll
    gladly let u find them all.

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in news:PU0Le.67724$fm.4434452@news4.tin.it:

    > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> ha scritto
    >> can give a review of my impressions so far if you would like.
    >
    > I would like, thak you :)

    OK. Keeping in mind I have only played about 20% of the game..., here
    goes.

    You start out the game making a choice of 6 classes. Warrior(tank, high
    dps), monk (healer, buff), Ranger (pet, arrows), Necromancer (debuff,
    pet), mesmer (debuff), elementalist (mage, high DPS). You start out ina
    tutorial that is very well done. Sometime before the end of the tutorial
    you will choose a second class to go with the first. The primary class
    that you choose determins what type of armor you can wear and what
    special ability that you have. FOr example, elementalists gewt a much
    higher mana pool if you start with them as your primary than if you start
    with a warrior.

    You have 8 skill slots that you can use. Each skill costs either mana or
    adrenaline. You can have any number of skills that you want, but can only
    pick 8 per mission. SOme combinations work very well together. FOr
    example, in the ranger line, there is an ability that gives you double
    shots and another that gives you explosive arrows. If you set the two off
    in the right timing, you get two explosive arrows per shot, rather than
    just one. As you complete missions, you get more skills as rewards.

    It is more properly categorized as a MMORPG-lite. It is massive only in
    the central towns. You are automatically assigned a starting server based
    on populatiosn of the servers every time you log on, but changing from
    one server to another is as simepl as choosing the server you want from a
    drop-down menu. All of the missions that you go on are instanced, and
    only those people in your party can enter the mission with you. If you
    can't find anyone to party with, there are henchmen available for hire
    that will party with you. The henchmen AI is not the greatest, but is not
    the worst either.

    There are two discrete parts to the game, the PvE side and the PvP side.
    You can start out the game with a PvP character, but s/he only starts out
    with a very basic template of skills. As you explore the PvE side of
    things, the skills that you unlock on that side are unlocked on the PvP
    side of things.

    The graphics are amazing. Absolutely amazing.

    There is loot. Not quite on the order of D2, but there is loot.

    Ummm, that is all I can think of for the moment. (It *is* friday
    afterall, and my brain has melted). But ask questions and I will answer
    what I can.

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    "Pendraig" <noirawjh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Regarding the 'no-cd' crack; there is a way to play D2 directly from
    > the hard drive. Real basic, I used a program called Alcohol 120% to
    > create an exact copy of my D2 disk on my hard drive. Then installed a
    > 'Virtual Deamon' to simulate an additional CD-Rom drive.
    >
    > I find the game's response time improved dramatically. Do I personally
    > think this is a cheat? Absolutely not! I paid for my D2 license\disks
    > as well as for Alcohol 120% and Virtual Daemon. Software users *do*
    > have the right to have one copy for archival storage.
    >
    > I have *never* had a problem running D2 in this manner.
    >
    > Alcohol 120%: http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/alcohol_info.php
    > Virtual Daemon: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php
    >
    > Simply put, I'm running my *licensed* copy of D2 from my hard drive
    > *instead* of the CD-Rom drive.

    Why did you buy another CD/DVD emulator when A120% comes with one built-in
    you coulda used to mount your image on?

    --

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:59:56 GMT, "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote:

    >Account deleted and cd-key banned for the use of easymap o dloader for 1.11
    >
    >It's ridicolous.
    It's their game, you play on their servers so it's their rules. If you
    cheat you can be banned, you knew that all along.
    "Don't do the crime if you can't do the tiime".

    >dloader is used for play without the cd inserted. They want you to insert
    >the cd in order to have the legit to play the game. U have bought the game,
    >u have original keys, but u cannot play it if u dont insert the cd
    >phisically in your computer. LOL
    A lot of games require you to have the cd (or dvd) inserted. And, yes,
    i find that annoying aswell but they didn't ban people for using a no
    cd crack. They banned people for using maphack or other cheating
    programs.

    >easymap reveals map. They want u to run around like a mad idiot chicken
    >looking for stairs and wp. They say this is fun and joy palying the game.
    >The map change every time u play and so com'on, run like an idiot to find
    >your way, spending the time of your life in nonsense activities. LOL
    If the game is such a waste of time i wonder why you even played it ?

    >Bot the spam bots are still on b.net, the autopick bots are still there, the
    >dupers are still there... LOL
    How would you know, you got banned, didn't you ?

    >I can accept account deleting, but cd-keys banned for using dloader or
    >maphack? How many people use these programs? almost 75% or abitual users
    >that love play LOD. Blizzard is going to loose customers acting this way.
    >They don't listen to u, just want u to obey them.
    Maphack = cheating. Cheating involves riscs. You got caught, get over
    it and don't whine.
    Besides, they only banned closed realm. You can still play on open or
    single play.

    Have fun in Guild Wars but let me warn you: they don't allow maphack
    either. Good thing is you can play without your dvd ;)

    Just a pre-note... this is Blizzard's game and they make the rules, if
    you can't play by their rules, you shouldn't play the game.

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:59:56 GMT, "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote:

    >Account deleted and cd-key banned for the use of easymap o dloader for 1.11
    >
    >It's ridicolous.

    I don't think so, but that's my opinion.

    >dloader is used for play without the cd inserted. They want you to insert
    >the cd in order to have the legit to play the game. U have bought the game,
    >u have original keys, but u cannot play it if u dont insert the cd
    >phisically in your computer. LOL

    I agree that it would be nice not to have the CD in the computer to
    play the game. I'm sure Blizzard requires this so that there are not
    multiple people playing the game offline. I could make 100 copies of
    the game and play them all over a network or another Battle.Net-like
    server illegally or play them all offline illegally. I'm sure this is
    why Blizzard has this requirement to safeguard illegal copies from
    being used in this way.

    >easymap reveals map. They want u to run around like a mad idiot chicken
    >looking for stairs and wp. They say this is fun and joy palying the game.
    >The map change every time u play and so com'on, run like an idiot to find
    >your way, spending the time of your life in nonsense activities. LOL

    Blizzard designed the game so that it would take some time to explore
    and reveal the map. Using a map revealing program gives people an
    advantage over others that don't have it. If Blizzard had given this
    ability to everyone, I'd be fine with it, but they didn't, so using a
    third-party program to reveal the map is considered cheating or
    hacking.

    Let's put it this way, the main advantage of a map revealing program
    is the ability to see where everything is and thus save the user time.
    Mainly, this is used for Baal runs, Mephisto runs, and Countess runs.
    The time saved adds up considerably over time, amounting to days,
    weeks, and months. Can you really say it's fair that you only have to
    spend 1 month to do something whereas it would take someone else 2-3
    months to do the same thing without using a map revealing program?

    Also, this advantage is not a straight linear advantage. The bad
    thing is that once you get to a higher level, find more uniques, and
    find more runes, your character becomes more powerful and thus can
    level and MF even faster, thus putting even more distance between you
    and another user that doesn't have a map revealing program.

    Higher levels open more areas of the game and better items which in
    turn make lower items less valuable. Suddenly you have more of the
    same items a lower person has and you can sell them for cheaper. This
    ruins the game economy.

    I hope you can see what a tremendous advantage a map revealing program
    would have for a person versus someone who doesn't use it. The
    advantage gets more serious over time. You can't say that using it
    doesn't affect other people, because it does, both economically and in
    terms of time.

    Blizzard just wants everyone to have a fair and level playing ground.
    If they made a map revealing feature, I'd be all for it, but they
    don't have such a feature, so you shouldn't make the game community
    worse by using a feature that wasn't designed into the game.

    This is just my opinion of course.

    >Bot the spam bots are still on b.net, the autopick bots are still there, the
    >dupers are still there... LOL

    Hopefully this can be taken care of as well.

    >I can accept account deleting, but cd-keys banned for using dloader or
    >maphack? How many people use these programs? almost 75% or abitual users
    >that love play LOD. Blizzard is going to loose customers acting this way.
    >They don't listen to u, just want u to obey them.

    Blizzard can do want they want. If it loses them customers, it's
    their problem. I for one, would enjoy a level playing field if
    possible.

    - Samiel

    TM wrote:
    > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> ha scritto
    > > There, have fun with that.
    >
    > Don't use online translators, they work pretty fine on single word but don't
    > work so much on grammar too ;)

    Now that I've had lunch, and some sunlight, I feel much better. It
    seems I've been quite an a** lately, and not just in this NG. Everyone
    I talk to agrees. :(

    I translated my own French back into English using babelfish. It looks
    like I would benefit heavily from some remedial study... Once upon a
    time I spoke Russian and Croatian, too, but I'm even worse in those
    languages!

    Peace?

    -Jason

    "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    [snip]
    > Blizzard designed the game so that it would take some time to explore
    > and reveal the map. Using a map revealing program gives people an
    > advantage over others that don't have it. If Blizzard had given this
    > ability to everyone, I'd be fine with it, but they didn't, so using a
    > third-party program to reveal the map is considered cheating or
    > hacking.
    [snip]

    Ewww... another misuse of the word "hack" used to dirty its meaning :¬/

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> ha scritto
    > Ummm, that is all I can think of for the moment.

    Thank you, i will buy gw soon :)

    "Pendraig" <noirawjh@yahoo.com> ha scritto
    > Regarding the 'no-cd' crack; there is a way to play D2 directly from
    > the hard drive. Real basic, I used a program called Alcohol 120% to

    You are against the blizzard rules. If they catch u they ban u 'cause u are
    a hacker, criminal, funky alqeda fan and if they could they put u in jail
    forever :)

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:12:09 GMT, "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote:

    >Ewww... another misuse of the word "hack" used to dirty its meaning :¬/

    Augmenting... :-p

    I was hacked a duck into a swan...

    - Samiel

    "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> ha scritto
    > Higher levels open more areas of the game and better items which in
    > turn make lower items less valuable. Suddenly you have more of the
    > same items a lower person has and you can sell them for cheaper. This
    > ruins the game economy.

    Lol. high runes have a prob like 0.0000000...1, good stuff is very rare too.
    All good stuff I ever had was given me for free by high lvl chars. Which
    economy? The economy of the web sites that sells stuff for $? I'm talking
    about a map revealer, it is on u to spend time tu kill bosses in order to
    get good stuff. Bots and pickup progs are bad, not a map revealer.

    > You can't say that using it
    > doesn't affect other people, because it does, both economically and in
    > terms of time.

    Yep, only in term of time. My life is not eternal and the time i can
    dedicate to play is non so much. U want me to spend my life looking for the
    same stair or the same level exit for millions of times? Imho 1 time would
    be enought, like in single player mode.

    >>Bot the spam bots are still on b.net, the autopick bots are still there,
    >>the
    >>dupers are still there... LOL
    > Hopefully this can be taken care of as well.

    Yes, yes. They choose to ban the IP of players that use the mouse weel to
    choose ability. Maybe 1 of 10K ip banned is the ip of a bot that is not been
    alredy patched by hackers. Lol

    > Blizzard can do want they want. If it loses them customers, it's
    > their problem.

    U r right. I hope they go bankrupt soon 'cause they don't care customer
    satisfaction and hit players not real hackers.

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in news:784Le.68317$fm.4472402@news4.tin.it:

    > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> ha scritto
    >> Ummm, that is all I can think of for the moment.
    >
    > Thank you, i will buy gw soon :)

    Just be careful. Beacuase GW is designed, from the ground up, as an on-line
    game, Arena.net is being very serious about bot-hunting and banning people.

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    "weretable and the undead chairs" <weretable@were.diningroom> wrote in
    message news:opmpf1dlsh0v3vpriif4cprqc8tbgaircs@4ax.com...

    > >Muleing, repeatedly joining the same game, and leaving.
    >
    > Unless it is new, I doubt this. Before I took a break and
    > accidentally let my characters expire, I had ten accounts or so full
    > of characters and when I made a mule game it could take an hour of
    > going in and out of the same game. Of course it wasn't all with one
    > character but it was all from the same IP.

    This has hit me twice today, I opened my off ladder accts to find the 6 soc
    crusader bow and a 4 soc flail to make the botd bow and hoto that I saved
    runes from ladder for. After going thru about 30 mules looking for them it
    would give me the temp restrict notice. I used to get it when first freshing
    chars till I learned that they didn't actually have to enter a game to get
    refreshed.

    I had nearly 10 accts full on ladder in season 2 so it will take a while to
    find them.

    On that special day, TM, (TM@TM.net) said...

    > dloader is used for play without the cd inserted. They want you to insert
    > the cd in order to have the legit to play the game.

    What? dloader is there for having several games open at the same time
    (while in Windows9x), and more often than not applying virtually dozens
    of plugins that allow for automatic farming and botting.

    *My* system isn't banned, although I play without CD. Guess why: The
    key is valid, the CD bought in a store, and the image only there to
    avoid having to insert/remove and scratch it by usage. I already played
    on the new ladder, without being banned.

    From another posting:

    > "Spamming is:
    > Gambling, repeated requests for a new screen to see what you wish to gamble
    > for
    > Spells, repeated use of a spell with no cast delay such as AMP DMG or
    > Glacial Spike can get you booted.
    > Scrolling through skill selection using the mouse wheel.
    > Shopping, going up and down a wp to refresh the screen in a shop (see
    > gambling)
    > Spamming, (original) repeated use of words quickly in a game or in chat.
    > Muleing, repeatedly joining the same game, and leaving.
    > Game spam: Repeatedly making/joining new games,"

    Huh? That doesn't even remotely look like the official version from
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0689p

    If this were true, I would have been banned for casting way too many AD
    on monsters around me, only to help a group of party members to get
    past said monsters. This makes no sense.

    OK, let us compare the forum version to the official one:

    > Creating numerous games within a short time period
    > Common causes include muling, magic finding, Baal/Pindleskin runs,

    especially those that last less than a minute. They must be botted. In
    such cases, bans make sense. And they are only temporary.

    > and in some
    > cases rapid actions within the game itself. If you stay in each game longer you
    > should be able to avoid the restriction. Generally 10 minutes per game is fine.

    "rapid actions in the game itself". Is this what the forum poster had
    been thinking of? I wish Blizzard would more specific about *what*
    rapid actions were meant.

    > By the use of ?add-on programs"
    > Users must refrain from using any sort of ?add-ons? or third party programs
    > meant to interface or be run with the game on Battle.net. Use of such
    > programs is a violation of the Battle.net Terms of Use and in addition
    > to a restriction from Battle.net may also result in your account and
    > CD-Key being permanently banned.

    This is what actually had happened. Note the "must refrain from *any*
    sort of add-ons or third party programs meant to interface or be run
    *with the game* on Battle.net" line. Which defines very well the way
    maphack or dloader work. A CD image loader is external, it does just
    provide a means to *start* the game, but has no influence on the course
    of the game itself.

    With maphack, you have an advantage over others who have to look for
    the next exit by themselves. You are faster, also faster in the ladder
    ranks. That is reason enough for Blizzard to call maphack users
    cheaters and ban them. If you had checked for the term "maphack" in
    this group, you would have found out that the majority here don't
    regard it as something "harmless", but rather a cheat.

    The same applies to dloader. We don't condone botting or farming.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> ha scritto
    > What? dloader is there for having several games open at the same time

    Go and read blizz forum. U find blizz people say u dloader is hacking 'cause
    make an illegal copy of the cd on yuor hard disk. U r legal to use only
    original cd and if they become corrupted u have to contact blizzard that
    send u a new one. Lol. They said maphack is hacking because in the name
    there is the term "map" but the term "hack" too. Lol, these blizz folk are
    goofy.

    > I already played
    > on the new ladder, without being banned.

    Yep, 'cause they are not able to detect u. But u r doing against blizz
    rules, so u r a hacker and they should ban u like the ones use easymap.

    > Huh? That doesn't even remotely look like the official version from
    > http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0689p

    I have given u the link to the bnet forum where a blizz one said what i
    quoted.

    > This makes no sense.

    Exactly. Blizzard is touching the bottom of idiocy.

    > A CD image loader is external, it does just
    > provide a means to *start* the game, but has no influence on the course
    > of the game itself.

    U r wrong. U cannot use blizzard game files as u want, even off line. U r
    breaking the rules and, for blizzard, u should be persecuted by a law suit
    against u and all the hackers like u. Lol.

    > you had checked for the term "maphack" in
    > this group, you would have found out that the majority here don't
    > regard it as something "harmless", but rather a cheat.

    Yep, a cheat that blizzard call "hacking" and that make blizzard to cancel
    almost 36k acconts and ban almost 36k cd-keys all over the world. It's a
    shame.

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in news:OA6Le.68691$fm.4497757@news4.tin.it:

    <snip>
    > It's a shame.

    And somewhere, a teacher is crying.

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in news:jd7Le.68769$fm.4504731@news4.tin.it:

    > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> ha scritto
    >> *Gack!* Typing 'u' every five letters is cool when chatting, but
    >> looks really stupid when reading in a long post like this. *I'm
    >> freakin' out
    >
    > English is not my natural language. Why don't you write in french or
    > italian languages? Sure you know an european language, don't you? When
    > you will try probably will be my turn to laugh in your face :)

    The english is a second (or third) language gets you a free pass when it
    comes to misspellings, grammar and sentance structure. However, it does not
    get you a free pass using u for you and r for are.

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> ha scritto
    > There, have fun with that.

    Don't use online translators, they work pretty fine on single word but don't
    work so much on grammar too ;)

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> ha scritto
    > comes to misspellings, grammar and sentance structure. However, it does
    > not
    > get you a free pass using u for you and r for are.

    Ok, if it's a rule i will agree, maybe blizzard could ban me for this rule
    too. I'm so tired of kinda freaking rulez ;)

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in news:rw7Le.68798$fm.4508024@news4.tin.it:

    > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> ha scritto
    >> comes to misspellings, grammar and sentance structure. However, it
    >> does not
    >> get you a free pass using u for you and r for are.
    >
    > Ok, if it's a rule i will agree, maybe blizzard could ban me for this
    > rule too. I'm so tired of kinda freaking rulez ;)

    Believe me, if people could be banned for leet-speak, there would be a lot
    of rejoicing.

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:44:34 GMT, "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote:

    >> You can't say that using it
    >> doesn't affect other people, because it does, both economically and in
    >> terms of time.
    >
    >Yep, only in term of time. My life is not eternal and the time i can
    >dedicate to play is non so much. U want me to spend my life looking for the
    >same stair or the same level exit for millions of times? Imho 1 time would
    >be enought, like in single player mode.

    Why not play off-ladder or single-player mode then? Whether you want
    to admit it or not, having a time advantage equates to have an
    economic advantage. Why mess with the ladder game economy? More time
    gives you more of a chance to get better items, which is an unfair
    advantage. Sure, it's just a game, but at least try to keep it an
    even playing field.

    If I had a program that let me immediately jump straight to Mephisto
    and kill him in one hit, all it's doing is saving me the time to go
    through the map and the time it takes me to kill him. Would you think
    such a program is cheating? It doesn't let me do anything I normally
    wouldn't do and all it saves me is time. It's the same thing, except
    on a different level.

    - Samiel

> [...]
    > it
    > > > would happen.
    > > >
    > > > D2 rules, ToS & ingame activity will get more and more restrictive
    until
    > > > they stop "supporting" the game on bNet or it becomes useless to try
    > > > playing. Then D2 games will slowly leave the shops & blizzard will
    move
    > > all
    > > > attention to a new income stream.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    > > > (Please reply to group only)
    > > >

    > > they probably only banned them to clear server space for WoW or
    something
    > > like that.................
    >

    > Maybe... but I dont see as many "I had no damn hacks!!!" being posted on
    > forums, etc as last time... so maybe this banning about "hacks" was real &
    > not just a mass random ban (this time) ;¬)

    hope so
    i stopped playing on the realms years ago, because of maphackers showing in
    games, and running through, and doing boss runs while i was trying to level
    characters and do missions, amongst other things

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in message
    > "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> ha scritto
    [snip]
    > > I already played
    > > on the new ladder, without being banned.
    >
    > Yep, 'cause they are not able to detect u. But u r doing against blizz
    > rules, so u r a hacker and they should ban u like the ones use easymap.

    He's not a hacker... he just using software that modifies game memory.
    It might be objectional to some people... but its not hacking.

    http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=hack&x=0&y=0

    http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=hacker&x=0&y=0

    > > A CD image loader is external, it does just
    > > provide a means to *start* the game, but has no influence on the course
    > > of the game itself.
    >
    > U r wrong. U cannot use blizzard game files as u want, even off line. U r
    > breaking the rules and, for blizzard, u should be persecuted by a law suit
    > against u and all the hackers like u. Lol.

    Again, he is not a hacker. He is a user of a program - much like he uses
    Diablo2 (Except pushing "Show map" takes even less skill than Diablo2).

    > > you had checked for the term "maphack" in
    > > this group, you would have found out that the majority here don't
    > > regard it as something "harmless", but rather a cheat.
    >
    > Yep, a cheat that blizzard call "hacking" and that make blizzard to cancel
    > almost 36k acconts and ban almost 36k cd-keys all over the world. It's a
    > shame.

    Blizzard are a company that uses the internet.
    Companies that use the internet are scared of hackers so taint its meaning
    (normally intentionally).

    Hackers in the majority aren't bad - they get bad press from insecure
    companies and other idiots that think any abuse of a computer or software on
    it is "hacking". Its just a 21st century form of racism & the ensuing
    racist pricks who dont know or care why people slander them :¬/

    --

    > Its just a 21st century form of racism & the ensuing
    > racist pricks who dont know or care why people slander them :¬/

    Racism? Just what race are hackers? Are they from the country Hack? Or is
    that an ethnic region?

    You'd think that someone who goes off on an anal retentive rant about the
    proper usage of a word would be a little more careful with their own usage.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    "TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in message
    > Account deleted and cd-key banned for the use of easymap o dloader for
    > 1.11
    >
    > It's ridicolous.
    >
    > dloader is used for play without the cd inserted. They want you to insert
    > the cd in order to have the legit to play the game. U have bought the
    > game, u have original keys, but u cannot play it if u dont insert the cd
    > phisically in your computer. LOL

    Another option is make a cd image and mount it as a virtual drive (alcohol
    120% does this fine)

    > easymap reveals map. They want u to run around like a mad idiot chicken
    > looking for stairs and wp. They say this is fun and joy palying the game.
    > The map change every time u play and so com'on, run like an idiot to find
    > your way, spending the time of your life in nonsense activities. LOL

    Despite their claims, I dont believe anyone has been banned for using
    maphack. nuff said.
    IMO they should have has scrolls of magic mapping for sale. This would be a
    nice gold sink and the majority probably wouldnt bother with maphack. With
    the changes they made in 1.10 like HUGE durance level2, it just encourages
    maphackers.

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    > "GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in news:1123849229.355600.265020
    > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >

    >> tpc wrote:
    >>> Have fun in Guild Wars but let me warn you: they don't allow maphack
    >>> either. Good thing is you can play without your dvd ;)
    >>
    >> Am I correct in understanding that Guildwars is an online only game? or
    >> is it like D2?
    >>
    > Guildwars is a online only game and is quite a lot of fun. I have played
    > it
    > for about 20 hours so far and can give a review of my impressions so far
    > if
    > you would like.

    Guildwars is heaps of fun if you like dying. Brilliant game otherwise.

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
    > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    > > "GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in
    > > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > >> Am I correct in understanding that Guildwars is an online only game? or
    > >> is it like D2?
    > >>
    > > Guildwars is a online only game and is quite a lot of fun. I have played
    > > it
    > > for about 20 hours so far and can give a review of my impressions so far
    > > if
    > > you would like.
    > >

    > Guildwars is heaps of fun if you like dying. Brilliant game otherwise.

    I dunno... I found it to be all eye-candy and not playable longterm :¬/

    A little tip though:
    If you cant get somewhere in game... just make sure to keep hurting atleast
    ONE monster before you die (They dont heal and you spawn in same area).

    Its kinda like "If you smack your head against a brick wall... you might die
    50,000 times but eventually the wall will collapse and let you past"

    --

    Vladesch wrote:
    > IMO they should have has scrolls of magic mapping for sale. This would be a
    > nice gold sink and the majority probably wouldnt bother with maphack. With
    > the changes they made in 1.10 like HUGE durance level2, it just encourages
    > maphackers.

    I like your idea of map scrolls - I totally agree about Durance, but I
    think that's where the "hate" part comes in.

    At least there's only one down stair to find from the waypoint to get to
    the money level.

    I don't use Maphack, but I have been known to take directions from those
    who do. It's kinda like tailing a person who has a radar detector on the
    freeway and watching for his brake lights. He takes the risk of getting
    caught, and you benefit from his risk with lower risk on your side. I've
    even had people guide me with MH while I rushed them, yelling directions
    to me as I teleport.

    Anyway, with my teleport sorc, it only takes a few more seconds to do a
    countess run than someone with MH. The satisfaction that I can closely
    compete without a cheat is worth it for me.

    Durance is definitely a place where MH makes a big difference. These
    days, I find that the Nihlathak temple is another, given the interest in
    doing runs there for the keys in 1.11.

    TM wrote:

    > You're wrong. It's for sure almost 36k users are account deleted and cd-key
    > banned for using detectable Easymap for patch 1.11. Mousepad maphack is not
    > detectable but is against rules too and if you use it you are titled to be
    > banned too.

    I have a feeling that maphack is not the entire issue here. Maybe it is
    more of repeat offenders issue. If blizzard felt so strongly about
    maphack they would ave done something [coding] to prevent it. Take a
    gander: http://forums.pvpgn.org/index.php/topic,4008.0.html

    If one individual can get almost there, then a megacorp like blizzard
    surely can. Plus an individual risks legal action by modding D2 client
    code blizzard could have legaly modify their clent code to include an
    anti maphack feature in any of the patches so far.

    The way i feel is that maybe the 3000 odd guys that got permanently
    banned CD keys were not only maphack users but may be flagrant repeat
    violators of the EULA. The remaining 33k users have had a shot across
    their bows as a warning, a temporary ban for a month.

    Oh and yes, please do not confuse a hacker with a disruptive person, it
    is not a derogatory term although there is a disturbing trend to use it
    as such. Maybe people have it confused with ther term 'cracker' which
    is an entirely different critter altogether.

    regards
    Grim

    sidekick wrote:

    > Look at the Chaos Empire mod. maphack, d2loader, and such hacks CAN NOT
    > be used with this mod. I know, I have tried it. With maphack running
    > the game either wont start or will freeze shortly after starting.

    Yes, he does that using anticheat.dll, damn if i didnt forget about
    good old CE MOD. None of the cheats, hacks or anything works with CE
    MOD and its a great Modification of vanilla LOD. LOL it sort of even
    makes ATMA redundant, no muling games needed either, due to the shared
    stash. The best part is realmplay on CCC, no hassles. none of the
    juvenile deliquency of Bnet. See!!! where there is a will, theres a
    way. Blizz can but does not take steps to eliminate the cheats and
    scripts, ather focusing on selling newer CD Keys.

    Grim.... Sad

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> ha scritto
    > Peace?

    Of course. There is no problem :)

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> ha scritto
    > It's not absurd at all. Of course they only want you to use Blizzard
    > software to play on Blizzard servers designed for a Blizzard game. You
    > want to play something else? Go do it. Stop crying in public because you
    > got caught cheating, it makes you look like a baby. Cry in the privacy of
    > your own home, a lot more dignified.

    I'm not crying. If u dont like my posts dont read them. Why you bother me?
    Go and get a real life, please :)

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> ha scritto
    > He's not a hacker...

    > Again, he is not a hacker.

    > Hackers in the majority aren't bad

    I agree with u. Blizz not :-\

    So called "hackers" help me so much in years and years of computer using. I
    hate only these make virus, worms, damaging software.

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> ha scritto
    > Another option is make a cd image and mount it as a virtual drive

    Yep, but is against Blizz EULA. In the blizz forum blizz staff say this.

    > Despite their claims, I dont believe anyone has been banned for using
    > maphack. nuff said.

    You're wrong. It's for sure almost 36k users are account deleted and cd-key
    banned for using detectable Easymap for patch 1.11. Mousepad maphack is not
    detectable but is against rules too and if you use it you are titled to be
    banned too.

Games CD-Rom Video Games