Almost 30k users banned - Page 2

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2005 12:51:03 PM

GrimBold wrote:
> TM wrote:
>

>>You're wrong. It's for sure almost 36k users are account deleted and cd-key
>>banned for using detectable Easymap for patch 1.11. Mousepad maphack is not
>>detectable but is against rules too and if you use it you are titled to be
>>banned too.
>

> I have a feeling that maphack is not the entire issue here. Maybe it is
> more of repeat offenders issue. If blizzard felt so strongly about
> maphack they would ave done something [coding] to prevent it. Take a
> gander: http://forums.pvpgn.org/index.php/topic,4008.0.html
>
> If one individual can get almost there, then a megacorp like blizzard
> surely can. Plus an individual risks legal action by modding D2 client
> code blizzard could have legaly modify their clent code to include an
> anti maphack feature in any of the patches so far.

Look at the Chaos Empire mod. maphack, d2loader, and such hacks CAN NOT
be used with this mod. I know, I have tried it. With maphack running
the game either wont start or will freeze shortly after starting.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:39:00 PM

On 12-8-2005 13:37, The Kurgan wrote:

> they probably only banned them to clear server space for WoW or something
> like that.................

World of Warcraft realms are not located on Battle.net. Different
servers on a different network.

--
Bow before me, for I am root.
Anonymous

On 13-8-2005 3:09, ~misfit~ wrote:
> weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
>
>>"TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Scrolling through skill selection using the mouse wheel.
>>
>>Why? I don't get this one.
>

> This also puzzles me. I almost never use keys for changing skills, I use the
> scroll wheel. Worrying.

If so it would be really silly. Scrolling the skills is a Blizzard
build-in option.

--
Bow before me, for I am root.
August 13, 2005 8:57:52 PM

On 12-8-2005 18:37, Samiel wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:12:09 GMT, "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote:
>
>>Ewww... another misuse of the word "hack" used to dirty its meaning :¬/
>>

> Augmenting... :-p
>
> I was hacked a duck into a swan...
>
> - Samiel

And don't forget - D2 is a *hack* and slash type RPG. :)

--
Bow before me, for I am root.
Anonymous

"GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in message

> sidekick wrote:
>
>> Look at the Chaos Empire mod. maphack, d2loader, and such hacks CAN NOT
>> be used with this mod. I know, I have tried it. With maphack running
>> the game either wont start or will freeze shortly after starting.
>
> Yes, he does that using anticheat.dll, damn if i didnt forget about
> good old CE MOD. None of the cheats, hacks or anything works with CE
> MOD and its a great Modification of vanilla LOD. LOL it sort of even
> makes ATMA redundant, no muling games needed either, due to the shared
> stash. The best part is realmplay on CCC, no hassles. none of the
> juvenile deliquency of Bnet. See!!! where there is a will, theres a
> way. Blizz can but does not take steps to eliminate the cheats and
> scripts, ather focusing on selling newer CD Keys.
>
> Grim.... Sad

yes, pvpgn does and has always had much better anti-cheat protection than
blizzards realms. Although I havent used CE not suprising that it does
either.

peace,
kyle
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:05:34 AM

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
>> "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
>> > "GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in
>> > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> > Guildwars is a online only game and is quite a lot of fun. I have
>> > played
>> > it
>> > for about 20 hours so far and can give a review of my impressions so
>> > far
>> > if
>> > you would like.
>> >

>> Guildwars is heaps of fun if you like dying. Brilliant game otherwise.
>

> I dunno... I found it to be all eye-candy and not playable longterm :¬/
>
> A little tip though:
> If you cant get somewhere in game... just make sure to keep hurting
> atleast
> ONE monster before you die (They dont heal and you spawn in same area).
>
> Its kinda like "If you smack your head against a brick wall... you might
> die
> 50,000 times but eventually the wall will collapse and let you past"

Couldnt have put it better.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:05:35 AM

Vladesch wrote:
>> I dunno... I found it to be all eye-candy and not playable longterm
>> :¬/ A little tip though:
>> If you cant get somewhere in game... just make sure to keep hurting
>> atleast
>> ONE monster before you die (They dont heal and you spawn in same
>> area). Its kinda like "If you smack your head against a brick wall... you
>> might die
>> 50,000 times but eventually the wall will collapse and let you past"
>>

> Couldnt have put it better.

I quit playing because of the "gotcha" factor--it's absolute BS spending
upwards of an hour or more working through a mission, only to lose it at the
very end because of some "trick" and then have to repeat the whole thing
again. Not fun.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous

"TM" <TM@TM.net> wrote in message
> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> ha scritto
>> Another option is make a cd image and mount it as a virtual drive
>
> Yep, but is against Blizz EULA. In the blizz forum blizz staff say this.
>
>> Despite their claims, I dont believe anyone has been banned for using
>> maphack. nuff said.
>
> You're wrong. It's for sure almost 36k users are account deleted and
> cd-key banned for using detectable Easymap for patch 1.11. Mousepad
> maphack is not detectable but is against rules too and if you use it you
> are titled to be banned too.

Curious that there are some people using who arnt getting banned then.
Either blizzard are banning some and letting other off, or they are lying.
Take your pick.
The idea of them leting some off doesnt seem likely to me.
      • 1
      • 2 / 2
!