Spirit still working on ladder?

Joe

Will it work in a 4 sockets crown shield?
I was under the impression it required a high STR shield

How about Rhyme in a pal shield?

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Joe wrote:
> Will it work in a 4 sockets crown shield?
> I was under the impression it required a high STR shield

I've never made a spirit on ladder in a crown shield or anything but a
Monarch - As far as I know, Monarch is the only non-paladin-only shield
that gives you 4 sockets, thus your impression it requiring high str shield.

"Joe" wrote...
> Will it work in a 4 sockets crown shield?
> I was under the impression it required a high STR shield

If you're not a Paladin, then it does, as there are only 3 non-paladin
shields that can have 4 sockets.

My pre-reset sorceress is sporting a Spirit Aegis, while wearing Gladiator's
Bane, thinking she's all that.... I think I'll go in the same direction
with my new sorceress, too. :) I hope she finds as many goodies.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Joe <caissy@nospamiprimus.com.au>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Will it work in a 4 sockets crown shield?
> I was under the impression it required a high STR shield

As others have mentioned, paladins can assemble Spirit in any paladin specific
shield they choose, including various low strength varieties. Other classes
have to content themselves with assembling Spirit in monarches and other four
socket elite shields (which happen to have high strength requirements -
Monarch requires 156 and is the lowest).

>How about Rhyme in a pal shield?

Rhyme definitely works in paladin shields. It's a staple of many of my
builds until they get themselves something better.

"Stephen van Ham" wrote...
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Joe <caissy@nospamiprimus.com.au>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>Will it work in a 4 sockets crown shield?
>> I was under the impression it required a high STR shield
>
> As others have mentioned, paladins can assemble Spirit in any paladin
> specific
> shield they choose, including various low strength varieties. Other
> classes
> have to content themselves with assembling Spirit in monarches and other
> four
> socket elite shields (which happen to have high strength requirements -
> Monarch requires 156 and is the lowest).

Specifically, the 3 shields are:

Monarch (156 Str)
Ward (185 Str)
Aegis (219 Str)

All are elite shields that are hard to find, on the level of Archon Plate.