ATI DRIVERS REGISTRY CLEANUP

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
hey guys,
after removing my Geforce2MX, and installing the radeon8500, my windows registry messed up, and now i have unexplained crashes under games.
my OS is XP, i have the catalyst 2.1 drivers(simply because the 2.2, or 2.3 were horrible)
so i am looking for a good program that could clean up registry errors under WINXP.
any suggestions??
thanks

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
First of all, there's no way to clean up these "registry errors", because they're not simply a couple of entries that you can delete to fix your problem. I faced that problem while making my ATIMax app (which I later abandoned due to lack of time, and the complexity it turned out to be). Really nothing can match reformatting and reinstalling WinXP. Secondly, the Catalyst 2.1 weren't that great in terms of performance. I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Catalyst 2.3s. They are equally stable (actually they are more stable in games like UT2K3) and they're quite a bit faster in a few games.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Maybe not completely. I've been thinking of rewriting it in VB.NET. The things I want to do in it will be easier to do through the .NET framework in VB.NET than it is to do with the Windows API through Delphi 5.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
so what would you guys have me do?
i need to get rid of these annoying crashes...
and formatting windows is not an option i could even consider

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
The best registry cleaner is freeware, <A HREF="http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/programs/RegCleaner.exe" target="_new"> JV16.</A> Copy your most recent rb00?.cab to diskette first. Then run this thing and let it clean house. It is an aggressive program built for your situation.

John A