Question on Windows Messenger 4.7

I am running Windows Messenger 4,7 and Windows XP Professional. Also
running Office XP Professional using Outlook for email.

To receive hotmail alerts thru Windows Messenger 4.7, do I have to have the
add-in for messenger installed? If I do, will this cause problems with
Outlook integration with messenger? I have different email
addresses--hotmail address for login and my address from ISP for Outlook.

Is it possible to also share Hotmail calendars using Windows Messenger 4.7
without purchasing MSN software or loading MSN Messenger?
3 answers Last reply
More about question windows messenger

    Greetings Lori,

    Yes, you must have the MSN Add-In installed in Windows Messenger 4.7.

    This won't cause any problems with Outlook integration. The features in the Hotmail website
    are separate from the Messenger client, as such, Hotmail Calendar sharing won't be affected
    by whatever client you're using.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Lori Kuiper" <loriak25@netnitco.net> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows Messenger 4,7 and Windows XP Professional. Also
    > running Office XP Professional using Outlook for email.
    >
    > To receive hotmail alerts thru Windows Messenger 4.7, do I have to have the
    > add-in for messenger installed? If I do, will this cause problems with
    > Outlook integration with messenger? I have different email
    > addresses--hotmail address for login and my address from ISP for Outlook.
    >
    > Is it possible to also share Hotmail calendars using Windows Messenger 4.7
    > without purchasing MSN software or loading MSN Messenger?

    Hi Jonathan

    I can't find this MSN Add-In you refer to. Could you
    elaborate some more. Thanks.

    -JOHN

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"Lori Kuiper" <loriak25@netnitco.net> wrote in message
    >>I am running Windows Messenger 4,7 and Windows XP
    Professional. Also
    >> running Office XP Professional using Outlook for email.
    >>
    >> To receive hotmail alerts thru Windows Messenger 4.7,
    do I have to have the
    >> add-in for messenger installed? If I do, will this
    cause problems with
    >> Outlook integration with messenger? I have different
    email
    >> addresses--hotmail address for login and my address
    from ISP for Outlook.

    >> Is it possible to also share Hotmail calendars using
    Windows Messenger 4.7
    >> without purchasing MSN software or loading MSN
    Messenger?

    >.

    Hi John,

    It's right here, but you need to be using Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 or lower, 4.7.3000
    (what's in SP2) does not support Add-Ins:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/addindownload.asp
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Jonathan
    >
    > I can't find this MSN Add-In you refer to. Could you
    > elaborate some more. Thanks.
    >
    > -JOHN

Outlook Hotmail Messenger Internet Service Providers Windows XP