Lost play disc! Any ideas?

Joe

I have lost my play disc for Diablo 2 and haven't been able to get back
online. I need to get a replacement so that I can get on quick before
my character gets deleted. I have a legal copy of the Diablo
Battlechest set and have the cd key still. I just can't find my play
disc anywhere. Can someone help me out maybe even sell me a cd that
they don't need. Once again I am not asking for a cd key as I have a
legal one I just need the play disc. Any help you can give is greatly
appreciated.

Joe

Well I guess if I can't find one elsewhere that will work. I appreciate
the help just need something faster to keep from losing my character.

"Joe" <josiah_corkins@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have lost my play disc for Diablo 2 and haven't been able to get back
> online. I need to get a replacement so that I can get on quick before
> my character gets deleted. I have a legal copy of the Diablo
> Battlechest set and have the cd key still. I just can't find my play
> disc anywhere. Can someone help me out maybe even sell me a cd that
> they don't need. Once again I am not asking for a cd key as I have a
> legal one I just need the play disc. Any help you can give is greatly
> appreciated.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adb0133p
(or for $10 you could probably buy it again)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Joe wrote:
> Well I guess if I can't find one elsewhere that will work. I appreciate
> the help just need something faster to keep from losing my character.

Ask someone that has the play disc to make you an image using Alchohol
120%. I made an image file from my play disc, so I don't have to insert
the cd everytime I play. I only have to mount it with Daemon tools. With
today's disk sizes it's not a problem.

Joe schrieb:

> I have lost my play disc for Diablo 2 and haven't been able to get back
> online. I need to get a replacement so that I can get on quick before
> my character gets deleted. I have a legal copy of the Diablo
> Battlechest set and have the cd key still. I just can't find my play
> disc anywhere. Can someone help me out maybe even sell me a cd that
> they don't need. Once again I am not asking for a cd key as I have a
> legal one I just need the play disc. Any help you can give is greatly
> appreciated.

Try used software stores. I bought my copy at half price books for
about $4 and I got LoD new on CompUSA.com for $9.99. Quite a bargain.
:) You can also try half.com or amazon.com for used copies. Also, your
character is on bnet for 90 days, unless you haven't played it for 2
hours yet. If you haven't losing it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Would take you less than 2 hours to get back to where you were. :)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> ha scritto
> Just like to point out that everybody keeps mentioning Alcohol 120%. I
> paid for a copy of CloneCD a while back and, while it's no longer in
> production (I believe) it does an admirable job of ripping image file from
> protected game CDs.

It is against blizz EULA, then you are a criminal - blizz say - like a crack
smocker. lol.

"Vladimir Niksic" <vniksic@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Ask someone that has the play disc to make you an image using Alchohol
> 120%. I made an image file from my play disc, so I don't have to insert
> the cd everytime I play. I only have to mount it with Daemon tools. With
> today's disk sizes it's not a problem.

Why don't you mount it with Alcohol, but use another program to do it?

On 14-Aug-2005, "Joe" <josiah_corkins@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well I guess if I can't find one elsewhere that will work. I appreciate
> the help just need something faster to keep from losing my character.

If you are afraid of losing your character, you could ask someone here to
keep them active for you. I am sure that I or someone else could make
sure that your account stays active until you get a new copy or whatever.
If you would like me to do it for you, send me an email at artdent4242 at
the good old hotmail dot com listing your account name and pw. I promise
not to steal any of your items or change your pw or anything evil like
that. Sorry, but I will NOT rush your characters for you tho. (heck, I
never even rush any of my own)
--
Not 1337.

Joe

I appreciate everyones help and information. I bought one on Ebay and
got it today for $12 for the entire battlechest which I unfortunately
already had. But I couldn't pass up a deal as it did come with a few
other games that I have been wanting. Got on this morning to check on
my character and it was going to be deleted in 3 days so I got lucky
there. And to answer the earlier question it is an older character
otherwise I wouldn't have cared if I lost it. Thanks artdent for the
offer too. I would have probably taken you up on it if I hadn't gotten
the disks today. Next time you are on battle net look me up. Username
is jcorkins

On 18-Aug-2005, "Joe" <josiah_corkins@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks artdent for the
> offer too. I would have probably taken you up on it if I hadn't gotten
> the disks today. Next time you are on battle net look me up. Username
> is jcorkins

You're welcome. What/where do you play? I mostly am playing SP at home
lately (CEmod), but I do get to play online here at work when it is slow.
I am currently Art42Dent on USWest HC Ladder, or ArtDent42 on USWHC off
ladder.
--
Not 1337.