Different brand GeForces

dakels

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002
Do they make any difference for the Ti models? I am looking to buy a Ti4200 128mb card. I see Jaton, MSI, Aopen, etc. These different brands dont use different CL RAM for instance do they? I would think the only variances are maybe how many accessories they give you, like ADC adapter and maybe bundles software. The cooling fan will be a concern of mine but I will probably buy a seperate one. My system runs fairly hot so I gotta be careful.

Anybody know why I should buy a $170 MSI 4200 128mb, over a Jaton $140 4200 128mb? I am only concerned with core components like RAM and board. I know the GPU can't be different. Anything I should be concerned with that could affect performance in different brands?

Thanks

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
Overclocking potential is one reason for cost differences aside from features. I have yet to hear of a Ti4200 that would not run fine at 4400 speeds with stock cooling. I would not buy another fan. Personally I think it is more important to buy from a reliable seller than it is to pick the right manufacturer. That's why so many swear by Newegg. They are good to deal with when things go wrong.

John A