Can't reinstall msn messenger

I was having problems today, when I noticed that for some
reason in the main window of messenger that there was a
background which had the yellow teletubbie character.
Alos when I got replies back in my pm window, that
teletubbie music played. So, I completly removed the
messenger from my pc. Now when I've tried for several
attempts, I can't reinstall messenger. It gives me the
following error message:

An error occurred during installation of
assembly "Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,type="Win32"
,version="5.2.2.1,public key
Token="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchiticture="x86".
Please refer to Help and Support for more information.
HRESULT:0x80070002

Then another pop up with a Microft error 1603.
Please help, this is very baffling.

"CaJazzman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<199101c48c89$62f220e0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I was having problems today, when I noticed that for some
> reason in the main window of messenger that there was a
> background which had the yellow teletubbie character.
> Alos when I got replies back in my pm window, that
> teletubbie music played. So, I completly removed the
> messenger from my pc. Now when I've tried for several
> attempts, I can't reinstall messenger. It gives me the
> following error message:
>
> An error occurred during installation of
> assembly "Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,type="Win32"
> ,version="5.2.2.1,public key
> Token="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchiticture="x86".
> Please refer to Help and Support for more information.
> HRESULT:0x80070002
>
> Then another pop up with a Microft error 1603.
> Please help, this is very baffling.

I have the same problem, damn yellow teletubbie. everytime i unistall
messenger it comes back.

The background image is C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\lvback.gif, delete
that and reopen the main window and it should be gone. It doesn't install
one, so it doesn't remove it even if there is one there.

Daniel