--------------------------------
From: Mar Anderson

-----------------------
Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)

<Id>hnjsN9vpFkOA3de7UkRn8w==</Id>
1 answer Last reply
More about help instant message problems

    I get same message " you have logged in from other location" which is
    absurd. First of all, what is difference between wondows messnger and MSN
    messenger. PLease help.

    Thanks,
    Parag

    "Mar Anderson via AdminLife" <anonymous@adminlife.com> wrote in message
    I have Windows XP Home Edition version 5.1 SP1
    Been using MSN Instant Message for years and now am having numerous
    problems:
    1. When I am signing in I get a message that says I am signed on to another
    computer-which I know is not true.
    2. Weird people have been adding me to their buddy list, apparently. Often
    now when opening MSN IM I get that window stating so and so has added you to
    their contact list--I always choose to block so this stranger cannot see me
    on line. And also they are on my DO NOT ALLOW list under privacy tab.
    However, I am getting nasty sentences in place of this persons name at the
    top. Instead of so and so (a persons name) I am seeing nasty poems or
    statements ..has added me to their contact list. How are these people
    getting me on their contact list? My .Net profile is listed BUT ITS BLANK.
    3. I THINK I uninstalled MSN messanger by ADD/REMOVE programs. Now, I am
    using windows messanger but when I go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>PRIVACY those same
    people are on my do not allow list...I thought MSN and WINDOWS messanger
    were 2 different programs? What can I do to stop these strangers from
    adding me to their contact lists on both Windows and MSN messanger? Should
    I reinstall MSN? or should I UNINSTALL both? My friends are not having any
    of these problems. Please, if you can, help me stop this from happening
    because I need a safe windows OR MSN messanger.
    THANKS SO MUCH!
    From: Mar Anderson

    Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)

    <Id>hnjsN9vpFkOA3de7UkRn8w==</Id>