Runeword Wizard

Last response: in Video Games
August 16, 2005 11:23:08 AM

I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
always seem to come back.

One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.

I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?

Dedridd

More about : runeword wizard

August 17, 2005 3:13:13 PM

"Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
> when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
> always seem to come back.
>
> One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
> Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
> especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
> collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.
>
> I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
> the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
> there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
> that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?

Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)

SiD
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:13:14 PM

"SiD" wrote...

> "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
>> when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
>> always seem to come back.
>>
>> One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
>> Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
>> especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
>> collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.
>>
>> I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
>> the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
>> there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
>> that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?
>>

> Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
> summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)

Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.
August 18, 2005 1:27:11 AM

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:nIvMe.19476$Oy2.12463@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> "SiD" wrote...
>>
>> "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
>>> when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
>>> always seem to come back.
>>>
>>> One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
>>> Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
>>> especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
>>> collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.
>>>
>>> I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
>>> the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
>>> there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
>>> that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?
>>>

>> Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
>> summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)
>>

> Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.

WRONG!
See for yourself at :

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:32:53 AM

"Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "SiD" wrote...
>>>
>>> "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
>>> summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)
>>>

>> Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.
>>

> WRONG!
> See for yourself at :
>
> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

Infact, the link posted on "Arreat Summit"

http://battle-net-test/diablo2exp/items/runewords-111.shtml

was nonsense (correct link see above). !
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:12:15 AM

On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

> > Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.
> >

> WRONG!
> See for yourself at :
>
> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
*items*, if there are any, of course.

I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
1.11

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:12:16 AM

"Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
> On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...
>
>> > Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques,
>> > yet.
>> >

>> WRONG!
>> See for yourself at :
>>
>> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
>
> Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
> *items*, if there are any, of course.
>
> I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
> links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
> 1.11

Thanks. And I know I read that the 1.11 patch included new unique items,
but I would have to verify my sources before being completely sure of that.

Any help, anyone?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:36:20 AM

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8%4Ne.20035$Oy2.1624@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
>> On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

>>> WRONG!
>>> See for yourself at :
>>>
>>> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
>>
>> Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
>> *items*, if there are any, of course.
>>
>> I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
>> links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
>> 1.11
>>

> Thanks. And I know I read that the 1.11 patch included new unique items,
> but I would have to verify my sources before being completely sure of
> that.
>
> Any help, anyone?

3 keys: (you can have multiples of those)

Key of Terror (Countess Act1 Hell)
Key of Hate (Summoner Act2 Hell)
Key of Destruction (Nihlathak Act 5 Hell)

Goto Act 5 Hell and CUBE those 3 keys.

a red portal opens to either

Uber Andariel (Lilith) OR
Ueber Duriel OR
Ueber Izual

When you kill one of those "Clones" they drop a Unique

Lilith - Diablo's Horn
Duriel - Baals Eye
Izual - Mephistos Brain

CUBE those 3 unique items in Act5 Hell

And a red portal opens to Tristram where you'll find

UEBER DIABLO + UEBER MEPHISTO + UEBER BAAL !!

If you kill them ALL you'll get

Hellfire Torch (Grand Charm) only ONE
plus a trophy called "Standard of Heroes" for EVERYONE

See (in german) at:
http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.p...

As i understood that's all according to new uniques
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 4:01:56 AM

"Ralf Baumhoefer" wrote...
> "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
>>> On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

>>> Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
>>> *items*, if there are any, of course.
>>>
>>> I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
>>> links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
>>> 1.11
>>>

>> Thanks. And I know I read that the 1.11 patch included new unique items,
>> but I would have to verify my sources before being completely sure of
>> that.
>>
>> Any help, anyone?
>>

> 3 keys: (you can have multiples of those)
>
> Key of Terror (Countess Act1 Hell)
> Key of Hate (Summoner Act2 Hell)
> Key of Destruction (Nihlathak Act 5 Hell)
>
> Goto Act 5 Hell and CUBE those 3 keys.
>
> a red portal opens to either
>
> Uber Andariel (Lilith) OR
> Ueber Duriel OR
> Ueber Izual
>
> When you kill one of those "Clones" they drop a Unique
>
> Lilith - Diablo's Horn
> Duriel - Baals Eye
> Izual - Mephistos Brain
>
> CUBE those 3 unique items in Act5 Hell
>
> And a red portal opens to Tristram where you'll find
>
> UEBER DIABLO + UEBER MEPHISTO + UEBER BAAL !!
>
> If you kill them ALL you'll get
>
> Hellfire Torch (Grand Charm) only ONE
> plus a trophy called "Standard of Heroes" for EVERYONE
>
> See (in german) at:
> http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.p...
>
> As i understood that's all according to new uniques

Well, then, all I can say is, Rats. I had hoped there was more than that
one quest added.

Hmmmm.... Seems that torch is the penultimate prize. I wonder if my sorc
alone could do it. If there were a way to draw the elemental-immunes away
and tele back to the bosses... hmmmm
!