Runeword Wizard

I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
always seem to come back.

One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.

I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?

Dedridd
8 answers Last reply
More about runeword wizard

    "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
    > when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
    > always seem to come back.
    >
    > One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
    > Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
    > especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
    > collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.
    >
    > I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
    > the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
    > there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
    > that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?

    Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
    summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)

    SiD

    "SiD" wrote...

    > "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
    >> when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
    >> always seem to come back.
    >>
    >> One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
    >> Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
    >> especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
    >> collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.
    >>
    >> I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
    >> the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
    >> there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
    >> that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?
    >>

    > Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
    > summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)

    Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.

    "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
    schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:nIvMe.19476$Oy2.12463@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

    > "SiD" wrote...
    >>
    >> "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I've been a casual player of diablo 2 since....egads, I can't remember
    >>> when. And no matter how many times I get sidetracked by a new game, I
    >>> always seem to come back.
    >>>
    >>> One thing that's really helped me has been a little program called
    >>> Runeword Wizard - I can't keep up on the details of the runewords,
    >>> especially the min levels. Being able to tell it the runes I have in my
    >>> collection and looking at what I can make has saved my sanity.
    >>>
    >>> I just noticed after the 1.11 patch that it's out of date. Apparently
    >>> the version I have is based on either 1.09 or 1.10. Does anyone know if
    >>> there's another source, either a web-based application or a download
    >>> that gives that kind of functionality to a part-timer like me?
    >>>

    >> Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
    >> summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)
    >>

    > Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.

    WRONG!
    See for yourself at :

    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

    "Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
    > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> "SiD" wrote...
    >>>
    >>> "Dedridd" <tgearig@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Speaking of which ...there is some new 1.11 runewords up at the arreat
    >>> summit ...just for those who may have missed the boat :-)
    >>>

    >> Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.
    >>

    > WRONG!
    > See for yourself at :
    >
    > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

    Infact, the link posted on "Arreat Summit"

    http://battle-net-test/diablo2exp/items/runewords-111.shtml

    was nonsense (correct link see above). !

    On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

    > > Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques, yet.
    > >

    > WRONG!
    > See for yourself at :
    >
    > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

    Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
    *items*, if there are any, of course.

    I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
    links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
    1.11

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
    > On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...
    >
    >> > Going off-topic, but I noticed they have NOT added the new uniques,
    >> > yet.
    >> >

    >> WRONG!
    >> See for yourself at :
    >>
    >> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
    >
    > Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
    > *items*, if there are any, of course.
    >
    > I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
    > links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
    > 1.11

    Thanks. And I know I read that the 1.11 patch included new unique items,
    but I would have to verify my sources before being completely sure of that.

    Any help, anyone?

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8%4Ne.20035$Oy2.1624@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

    > "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
    >> On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

    >>> WRONG!
    >>> See for yourself at :
    >>>
    >>> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
    >>
    >> Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
    >> *items*, if there are any, of course.
    >>
    >> I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
    >> links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
    >> 1.11
    >>

    > Thanks. And I know I read that the 1.11 patch included new unique items,
    > but I would have to verify my sources before being completely sure of
    > that.
    >
    > Any help, anyone?

    3 keys: (you can have multiples of those)

    Key of Terror (Countess Act1 Hell)
    Key of Hate (Summoner Act2 Hell)
    Key of Destruction (Nihlathak Act 5 Hell)

    Goto Act 5 Hell and CUBE those 3 keys.

    a red portal opens to either

    Uber Andariel (Lilith) OR
    Ueber Duriel OR
    Ueber Izual

    When you kill one of those "Clones" they drop a Unique

    Lilith - Diablo's Horn
    Duriel - Baals Eye
    Izual - Mephistos Brain

    CUBE those 3 unique items in Act5 Hell

    And a red portal opens to Tristram where you'll find

    UEBER DIABLO + UEBER MEPHISTO + UEBER BAAL !!

    If you kill them ALL you'll get

    Hellfire Torch (Grand Charm) only ONE
    plus a trophy called "Standard of Heroes" for EVERYONE

    See (in german) at:
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.php

    As i understood that's all according to new uniques

    "Ralf Baumhoefer" wrote...
    > "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
    > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
    >>> On that special day, Ralf Baumhoefer, (fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com) said...

    >>> Runewords != Uniques. Look at what Brian wrote. He thought of unique
    >>> *items*, if there are any, of course.
    >>>
    >>> I just had a look at the Arreat Summit news. Nebu has put up dozens of
    >>> links, some also to 1.10 uniques, but nary a word about anything new in
    >>> 1.11
    >>>

    >> Thanks. And I know I read that the 1.11 patch included new unique items,
    >> but I would have to verify my sources before being completely sure of
    >> that.
    >>
    >> Any help, anyone?
    >>

    > 3 keys: (you can have multiples of those)
    >
    > Key of Terror (Countess Act1 Hell)
    > Key of Hate (Summoner Act2 Hell)
    > Key of Destruction (Nihlathak Act 5 Hell)
    >
    > Goto Act 5 Hell and CUBE those 3 keys.
    >
    > a red portal opens to either
    >
    > Uber Andariel (Lilith) OR
    > Ueber Duriel OR
    > Ueber Izual
    >
    > When you kill one of those "Clones" they drop a Unique
    >
    > Lilith - Diablo's Horn
    > Duriel - Baals Eye
    > Izual - Mephistos Brain
    >
    > CUBE those 3 unique items in Act5 Hell
    >
    > And a red portal opens to Tristram where you'll find
    >
    > UEBER DIABLO + UEBER MEPHISTO + UEBER BAAL !!
    >
    > If you kill them ALL you'll get
    >
    > Hellfire Torch (Grand Charm) only ONE
    > plus a trophy called "Standard of Heroes" for EVERYONE
    >
    > See (in german) at:
    > http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/hellfire/hellfirequest.php
    >
    > As i understood that's all according to new uniques

    Well, then, all I can say is, Rats. I had hoped there was more than that
    one quest added.

    Hmmmm.... Seems that torch is the penultimate prize. I wonder if my sorc
    alone could do it. If there were a way to draw the elemental-immunes away
    and tele back to the bosses... hmmmm

Games Diablo Video Games